Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Is your body ready?

azure

Well this game should be interesting non the less. I for one like the style. Link does seem a bit off to me, but meh. if I put that much stock into graphics and how things look I'd be a pretty sad person at the end of the day, especially since I can't tell the difference between HD and SD and I can't see any kind of 3D effect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kusy:

> [WHAT IS THIS? I DON'T EVEN.](http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113562-Skyward-Sword-Cast-Includes-Zeldas-Dad)
>
> Headmaster? School? What the fuck?

Schools have been quite prominent in the Zelda series. Take, for instance, the Funday School from the minish cap from which Zelda and Link both studied.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Funday_School

@Azure:

> extreme realism

NEW ZELDA GAME! Legend of Zelda: The Legends of the Blue, Red, and Green swords!
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8ae5bb56c475b418c3ad53fc31d15c40.jpg)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#8ae5bb56c475b418c3ad53fc31d15c40.jpg)
@Kreator:

> To emphasize my point on my previous post, here's graphics I MISS in games-

Go play Minecraft. Tell me how it goes.

@Azure:

> Yes Kusy, we get it, you don't like the game. Weak troll is fail. ;)

Yusss Azure, I hate this game, especially the fact that it's not released. I don't like what Nintendo is doing.
I was able to live with the fact that they just repack old products, now the fact that the packing looks uglier than the last time, pushed me to rant about it.

I'm no longer willing to pay money for a game, just because it has Zelda in it's title since Nintendo is not even TRYING to advertise it to me, not even trying to improve anything and they decided it's ok to sell games with 10 years outdated graphics.

Funny thing is, they will continue this trend because happyface autistic people will droll over it. You all know what Nintendo is doing it you, and you all turn around and bend to get it again. And I understand that, I'm doing the same thing with other companies probably… the only difference bing, Nintendo doesn't even pretend it's AIDS negative and won't put a condom.

> implying Battlefield 1942 didn't already had two expansion packs before the first Call of Duty was released… ho ho.

Another... slightly more impressive trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6fOoX9ilE&feature=player_embedded
I am used to this by now… but why do we HAVE to have at least one scorpion claw-eyed boss in those games? With the exception of those that have three of those in them.

I got Wii Motion+ :cheesy:

But yeah the Wii should've had the "motion plus" when the Wii was originally released, since that allowed the crappy Wiimote to do what it was originally supposed to do. If you sell your console on a certain premise, you better be damn sure that premise is as optimal as it can be.

I might buy this just because I need a game for the Wii other than Wii Sports Resort. :P Most of the time I use the Wii it's for Netflix or occasionally playing [Bit.Trip Flux Demo](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3vHkqOI7BE)

• 2 weeks later...
When wii was released, the motion controls were one of the first released. Sure it wasn't nothing spectacular, but it was still impressive. Microsoft and sony started working on their motion controls, so Nintendo had to lift their game and release their new motion plus.

I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game. Seems like i'm only one of few who thinks the graphics are neat and quite original.

@Kreator:

> When wii was released, the motion controls were one of the first released. Sure it wasn't nothing spectacular, but it was still impressive. Microsoft and sony started working on their motion controls, so Nintendo had to lift their game and release their new motion plus.
>
> I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game. Seems like i'm only one of few who thinks the graphics are neat and quite original.

No, you're not. :D I think the merged style is a perfect mix. enough realism to not be toony, enough art to be creative.  I'll be getting my copy next week when I get back from my trip. I can't wait.

@Anna:

> I got Wii Motion+ :cheesy:
>
> I might buy this just because I need a game for the Wii other than Wii Sports Resort. :P Most of the time I use the Wii it's for Netflix or occasionally playing [Bit.Trip Flux Demo](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3vHkqOI7BE)

Same here for the most part. I barely play the Wii. Mostly because every game for it is very short and not the money's worth. Unlike the Gamecube, who had some pretty long and play-worthy games. I would spend hours getting the best upgrades on Zoids Legacy, or just playing around on Paper Mario.

I'll probably get Skyward Sword to try it out. I personally enjoy the "Ocarina Of Time" graphics much more, but maybe the features or gameplay of Skyward Sword will make up for it. Who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
I have returned for this one post. This once. Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game to date. STONGER START THAN OCARINA OF TIME (INCOMING SHITSTORM).

You should all go buy this. I'd like to also point out how well motion+ works in this game.

>! Very well

@Kusy:

> Azure. You are blind.
>
> I think I'm not going to play the game. Just realized I would have to buy a motion+ controller. Paying 60 bucks for a wii game is kind of fine by me… paying 100 is not.

70$ If you buy the bundle, but I see what you're saying.

Why is everyone acting like the WiiMotion+ is great? Its better than the other one, but I was GREATLY disappointed. I find myself having to prep the angle of the sword perfectly before swinging or it has no idea where i'm attacking, and when i use the thrust attack it just slashes randomly. Its insanely frustrating in certain situations as you only have a few seconds before getting destroyed. (And yes, its calibrated.)

Anywhore, the game itself is great. Really makes you think about the whole series and how they fit together chronologically.

@Kusy:

> I am used to this by now… but why do we HAVE to have at least one scorpion claw-eyed boss in those games? With the exception of those that have three of those in them.

This is only proving your point about the repeated re-packaging, but it literally is the same Scorpion claw-eyed boss. It really is lame how they do it, but it makes sense logically. If you send a monster to be sealed in the "Sacred Realm" or whatnot, the same monster will be released when the seal is broken xD
Again, I dont like the way they do that either…

I've been playing the game with mixed impressions and feelings on it so far. The game has quickly went from shit to great. At the start, I nitpicked all the small things, like theres one grunt link makes when he starts sprinting that sounds like a fat huffy asian, the sword spirit fi is a complete boring whorebag. I actually miss Navi and Midna. Once I got to the first dungeon though, the game picked up incredibly well. I'm no fan of the sky world and flying around (I hated this formula, the boat, the train, and now this). But the dungeons are pretty well done, and the surface worlds feel like dungeons almost in their own. There are hints of ganondorf who better fucking be in this game, and there is some challenge in this game, at least compared to Twilight Princess.

As for the graphics, they aren't as good as I hoped, but then again, it's a wii. I don't mind them all in all, but I did prefer Twilight Princess's realistic approach. I'd love to see Nintendo make another darker Zelda, like Twilight Princess, but harder. Seems like Ocarina of Time was almost the darkest game, with the shadow temple, some of those monsters such as the dead hand, and so forth.