Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tael:

> So what's a way to make cash? Just curious on your guys' ways.

Do quests, sell items, smith weapons & enchant them. You can make money doing anything. There really aren't many currency drains in the game. Not huge ones, anyway. You'll never find an item more than 2,000 gold. Houses are probably the most expensive at 5,000 for the building and 500+ for each add-on package for it.

I spent a solid 20,000 on the Dark Brotherhood place alone.

Hey guys,

Been away from eclipse for obvious reasons, only reason I'm posting now is because I'm at work. :P

Anyways, this game is quite awesome.  The new crafting/alchemy/enchanting system is brilliant, hell, smithing is currently my highest skill.  Decked out in full Exquisite Steel Plate only reason I'm not bumping up to Orcish is because its 2k for like 5 points more armour and 5 pounds(?) lighter.
Level 18 warrior and I'm a werewolf, occasionally at night I'll take my beast form and terrorize the people, a few gripes about the mode though.  I don't like how it forces me into 3rd person when in beast mode and healing is a bitch, only way to heal is to feast on someone but you can't do that if there are still 3 more guys around ya.

@Tael:

> So what's a way to make cash? Just curious on your guys' ways.

If you have the dwemer crafting perk and find a dwemer ruin, grab a bunch of scrap metal, smelt them into dwarven metal ingots and make a bunch of dwemer warhammers, sell for around 100 g per hammer.  Made about 2k g from a trip to Markath dwemer museum.

Hopefully today will be a short shift so I can go home and play some more Skyrim. :)

Such an amazing fucking game…

Trying to decide between the two: Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood.

I got attacked by a Dark Brotherhood member the other day on my way to Riften. I assassinated him. Been hanging out and stealing shit in Riften (all my Sunday--gone). Already doing some thief guild quests. I like killing more than stealing. I just answered my own question. Lol.

@Anna:

> Dark Brotherhood is a bunch of fairies. Morag Tong for life.

I thought being an Imperial Assassin would be way cooler. Kill all the Thieve's Guild members and Dark Brotherhood. Join the Imperials. Winning. Politics.

@Kusy I was escaping jail. Picked up a sword off the rack and managed to accidentally drop it on the floor. Got my shit from the prisoner's chest. Was about to sneak past the guards walking in. One asked me, without knowing if I was even sneaking up on them, to not leave a weapon on the floor. Funny thing is, she asked me through a solid cobblestone wall, entered, and realized I was in the room (she called more guards about her "discovery").

>! Skyrim has dragons.

One annoying thing in Skyrim is the companion, yes, they are handy to carry your stuff and all that. But when I'm using a Destruction spell close by, Lydia stands in front of me and starts ruining my fight with her dickery. And then she starts whining like "Aaaaaagh.." & "Hey, I'm on your side!".

Or using a Area effect spell is pretty much forbidden cause you can just kill your companion with it. While I can tell them to wait, they are a great asset in diverting the enemy away from me. Point is; What they didn't fix in Oblivion they obviously didn't bother fixing in Skyrim. The "Friendly-fire" thing. Ofc, it makes it more realistic. But when I'm launching arrows and some dick blocks my view, I kill him and suddenly my teammates are jumping me.

@Rusher:

> -snip-

you playing console or PC version?
If it's the latter you can probably modify the companion to be an important npc meaning they will only be knocked out instead of dying when they run out of health.

If it's the console then it's your own damn fault for not being one of the master race.

Just killed my first dragon and I didn't know that you could choose between the two :D
Anyways, finally got around to getting the game.  It's awesome, I've tried most of the weapons/weapon combinations and so far dual wielding spells is the most fun.

@Marshy:

> I dont think so. Its a differant situation. The dark brotherhood and the thieves guild arent enemies. They have a deal of some kind.

I was thinking more along the lines of being a crook/persuasive. Saying, whilst in the presence of one, you're undoubtedly devoted to their side/cause.

@Zonova:

> I'm totally Imperials, mostly because Stormcloaks are so damn easy to kill :P

If you want easier kills, there are always easier difficulties to play on.

Solitude > Windholm.

Hence why I chose the Imperials, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with some racist blue wearing nords, but I'm pretty much the guy who likes to do the opposite of what all the others do. And the popular choice (As I've seen so far) is the Stormcloaks.

Reason beings:

* _The Imperials tried to execute me in the beginning of the game._
* _I've got tired of that "Stop, you have violated the law!" crap._
* _I'm a Nord, so._
* _Imperials are nothing but a bunch of sticks._

Next char I'll just pick neither.

To be honest the Stormcloaks are pretty damn stupid. The entire thing is about honour.

Personally I'll be going back to my ancient knight character. He's a Nord, but having been through so many wars all he really wants is for a sense of peace in the kingdom. He sees being part of the Empire as a way of bringing this about so he can finally retire with his wife and child. So he becomes a dog of the Imperials to end his own people's rebellion.

Seen as a traitor by his own people his actions actually end the conflict between the two kingdoms as everyone's hatred is directed towards him. He makes the ultimate sacrifice by becoming the villain to bring about union.

Finally got 100 smithing on my thief/assassin character. Full dragon scale armour!

![](http://i.imgur.com/O0WEl.jpg)

Made 500 iron daggers to get this far. Cost about 13,000 gold. I enchanted my main weapons to use Soul Trap so when I'm clearing dungeons I get 100s of Soul Gems filled. This let me enchant all the iron daggers for quick levels and a nice return.

Now I'm just slowly selling them off whilst filling more Soul Gems. Once I get level 100 I'll find the best enchantments I can for my equipment. Might also spend a few perk points on unlocking the ability to make Daedric Weaponry.