Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's everything I wanted and more.

The graphical style is like Morrowind. More gritty than Oblivion was. Their new lighting system is 100x better than Oblivion. Everything feels much more natural because they've got full scene shadowing now. 3rd person animations actually have a directional run now, so you don't look stupid. Dual wielding spells and weapons is awesome. Animations are awesome, npc interaction is better, npcs actually have JOBS. I just came across a village with a fully functional saw mill with workers.

It's much more immersive than Oblivion was. They seem to have got some of the best bits from Morrowind back in, as well.

They did everything right this time. They actually listened to the community.

All the best bits from Oblivion/Morrowind mods? In the vanilla game - and done well too! Children, NPCs with jobs, equipment crafting, companions, horizontal movement animation, alpha channel texture blending, Morrowind style fantasy stuff, unique villages & towns, random quests you can just find on the street…

Only played a few hours so far but it's by far the best Elder Scrolls game around so far. It takes everything which was good about Morrowind and has it on a beautiful engine.

Hmm… I just started, explored one mine and got to the first village. Doesn't feel any different from Oblivion at all... maybe except the horrid console port of controls. I sure hope it gets better.

Seriously, who the duck made that interface with constant TAB E R and whatever else pressing?

@Kusy:

> Hmm… I just started, explored one mine and got to the first village. Doesn't feel any different from Oblivion at all... maybe except the horrid console port of controls. I sure hope it gets better.
>
> Seriously, who the duck made that interface with constant TAB E R and whatever else pressing?

Protip; Going through one mine doesn't give you a very good overview of a game with dozens of towns and villages.

Also, how does it not feel different from Oblivion? Sure, it's using similar mechanics for a lot of things but combat was changed dramatically and the levelling system was really streamlined. It's actually a joy when you level up, rather than the old micro-management min/maxing.

Oh, and the interface is shit with mouse/keyboard. Make sure you install the release day patch. Razor released a cracked version already. Apart from some menus not responding properly, it was obviously designed for a console use.

I just switched over to using my 360 controller. It actually feels much better with the analogue stick for movement. You can actually have variable movement speed which makes the cutscenes much more immersive. Your horse also handles much better.

Oh, and dragon are awesome. The animations in this game are 100x more fluid and calculated than they were in Oblivion.