Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

E3

Marsh

No idea how to quote people on this forum as the quote button never works.

No, E3 is really more for marketing now a days. So no reason for programmers to go. GDC is more the industry event that we would go to. Some programmers on my friends team are being sent to E3, but I think its pretty rare. Like I said mostly marketing guys. I mean I guess it is possible I would be sent. But unlikely.

[Edit]

That is the company sending you and paying your way though. I may be able to tag along though. Never really looked into it.

@'Marsh':

> No idea how to quote people on this forum as the quote button never works.
>
> No, E3 is really more for marketing now a days. So no reason for programmers to go. GDC is more the industry event that we would go to. Some programmers on my friends team are being sent to E3, but I think its pretty rare. Like I said mostly marketing guys. I mean I guess it is possible I would be sent. But unlikely.
>
> [Edit]
>
> That is the company sending you and paying your way though. I may be able to tag along though. Never really looked into it.

Sadly the quote is a bit weird, will look into but you can quote by choosing the ' "Reply ' option before the quote.

@'sephiroth976':

> So much negativity in this thread, jeez..
>
> I for one is excited for E3, cant wait to see what will be announced, not to mention Fallout 4, been waiting for that since i played 3 :P

I know right!! So excited about Fallout 4!!!!

Also the quote works!! Yay

Holy crap guys, Final Fantasy 7 remake is finally happening after all this time of fans crying out for it.. look at my god damn username guys xD

In all reality although i love FF7 i wasnt one of the people completely crazy for a remake but.. when it popped up on the screen i couldnt contain myself i literally jumped like a little girl..

E3 is always exciting, usually not because of what we know about going into it but rather what we will find out as we watch. I though MS & Sony both had exceptional conferences. The Hololens demo was mind blowing, the Final Fantasy/Shenmue announcements were internet breaking and Star Wars Battlefront stole my soul.

Fallout 4 looks great, the new Ghost Recon took me by surprise, Mirrors Edge seems interesting. A lot of new stuff to be excited about, I think. Ubisoft also had a stellar conference, especially compared to EA (mobile… really?).

@'Link':

> I heard there's supposed to be an announcement for FF7 coming to ps4, I'm assuming xbox one as well. I don't know much about E3 though.

Nah. Square Enix is a Sony sider. They usually put all their games on Playstation only, but they did release Final Fantasy Type 0 on Xbox One, and Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to Xbox One.

Square has started coming out with their games on other consoles, however i suspect FF7 might be only PS4 and PC, only because apparently Sony is helping them fund the development because like Square said at one point, remaking the entirety of Final Fantasy VII would be too expensive.. and here we are during Sonys Conference.

Its at least confirmed as a timed exclusive.