Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need to make £800.

azkanan

So, my missus' Senior Prom is in May, over in Amurrika. I've got 3 months to make £800, so I can get on over there and support myself for a week or two.

1\. £800 is roughly how much I imagine I need to be on the safe side. Might be able to get away with £500/600.

2.Any ideas on how to make that much money?

I'm 22 and perfectly capable of most things. I'm currently registered with an Agency, but no work as of yet. I call them every two days, often less.
I'm actively looking for work, but I'm guessing that I'm being lost in the hundreds/thousands of other responses they get. I'm currently in the process of spamming the promising jobs.

In b4;

LOL GET A JOB.
SUCK DICK LOL
etc
get a real girlfriend hurr

I have a Yamaha PSR E313 for sale if anybody dowants. Good condition and all.

I also have a bunch of DVDs/Games that I'm willing to part with.

IMUSTDOTHIS.

LOL GET A JOB.

SUCK stick LOL

get a real blowup doll hurr

And there's possibly no way you can get a job a little further out of your 'search' range? You'll probably end up traveling longer and etc, but a job is a job and it's only until you can get the money.

@Captain:

> Ask your blowup doll to whore out for a few days. 3-4 clients could probably get you well over a thousand.

Or only one, when you're the client. We all know why you're doing so much paid programming work. Getting 'some' is expensive these days.

No stick moves please, serious thread here.

@Rusher:

> LOL GET A JOB.
>
> SUCK stick LOL
>
> get a real blowup doll hurr
> ______________________________________
>
> And there's possibly no way you can get a job a little further out of your 'search' range? You'll probably end up traveling longer and etc, but a job is a job and it's only until you can get the money.
>
> Or only one, when you're the client. We all know why you're doing so much paid programming work. Getting 'some' is expensive these days.

Yeah, I'm currently looking as far as I can get on public transport for an 8am start. I just applied to work in a Factory where the ad for the job actually comes with a warning that you need a strong stomach due to strong odours.

I'm currently on the "Waiting list" as they called it, after a successful application.

@Marsh:

> Its not glamorous but it gets the job done.

It beats bringing around newspapers everyday.

Is there no certain skill you can freelance with? For example my education with computers seems to bring people to me with certain computer problems which I end up solving and getting paid for. I'm guessing there's also no option of loaning it from relatives?

No, and no. I'm in a pretty poor area, to be fair. One of the highest unemployment rates in the country is where I am.

I've just finished a 60-mile job search from my town… Only eight pages came up, and most of them were "Own Transport", "Experience is essential", "5 hours a week, min. wage".

@SnowStorm:

> what games and on what console?

SexBox:
Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, Viking: Battle for Asgard, Modern Warfare 2, Hitman: BLood Money, Lost Planet 2, Oblivion, Dragon Age 2.

PC: Command and Conquer 3, Stronghold 2, Cities XL, Genesis Rising, Paraworld, Gothic 3, Warcraft 3, Red Alert 2, Empire Earth II, Battlefield 2142, Neverwinter nights 2, Civilization 4, Homeworld 2, Myth 3, Tom Clancy's EndWar, Empire Total War, Freelancer, Operation Flashpoint, Two Worlds, Dungeon Siege II, and others I enjoy too much to part with. ;-;.

PS2: Suikoden V, Way of the Samurai, Forgotten Realms: Demonstone, Dark Cloud, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Dynasty Warriors 3: Extreme, Ring of Red, Predator: Concrete Jungle, Battlefront I & II.

@Robin:

> UK is just as fat as America. We're just not proud of it.

+ bad teeth.

Nah Azk, you're ducked. Maybe if there were less polacks to steal your potential job from you…  I'm working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day... minimal monthly wage of 300 pounds... 240 after my ducking government gets it's share.

@Kusy:

> + bad teeth.
>
> Nah Azk, you're ducked. Maybe if there were less polacks to steal your potential job from you…  I'm working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day... minimal monthly wage of 300 pounds... 240 after my ducking government gets it's share.

wat. That sucks.

I'm 5 days a week, 8 hours a day and I get £1,500/month. ~£1,250 after taxes.

That's just a starting salary, too.