Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Chronicles Update 11!!!

SkywardRiver

@ςเςเ:

> Do you have WinRAR? http://rarlab.com if you don't…

now I have winrar but it doesnt unzip the server? Please help or can u just give me a compressed filder ill be really thankfull

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Erwin:

> Well, you should also give credits to the ones who made the tutorials for it.

Kinda hard when jaxx evens refuses to credit the peoples work he used :) He only credited 6 of the 30 tuts he used to make this "custom" engine .. and I'm pretty sure this topic is dead for people who keep asking for new stuff if its not already made then he won't beable to add anything new….

@Justn:

> Kinda hard when jaxx evens refuses to credit the peoples work he used :) He only credited 6 of the 30 tuts he used to make this "custom" engine .. and I'm pretty sure this topic is dead for people who keep asking for new stuff if its not already made then he won't beable to add anything new….

@Erwin:

> Well, you should also give credits to the ones who made the tutorials for it.

Didn't realize this guy was a ripper initially, I'll find out who wrote what exactly and make sure credit is due. A good bit of this code needs to be debugged and modified to work with my game, I did realize that he didn't write 80% of this code after I started thumbing around the source more. I'll post the public code I've used and ask the community if necessary.

Okay, I'm gonna say this once.

I come on for the first time in like a week to find people calling me a ripper? I gave credit!!!! Its jus that I don't have a full list yet! I've just been so busy with school and work that I simply don't have time to find every tutorial I've ever used. As I'm typing this, Im getting on to studying, so if someone would please help a little and give me a full list of credits, I'll try to find some time to post it along with the credit I have already given. Or simply send me a message if I have used something the is yours.

Thank you,

Jaxx

**Credits:**

**Ryoku Hasu-** Doors, Real Defense, Word Wrapping, Buff/Debuff Spells, Pet summon Items, Auto-Target, Pet combat upgrade. Max Vital change.

**Alatar-** Quest, Checkpoints

**Lightning-** Pet System, Boss Battle Framework. Bug Fixes.

**DJMaxus-** Crafting system, Npc Spells.

**Dameon666-** MP3 support.

**Richy**- Scripted Tiles.

**Me Gusta**- Status Checker

**Serenade-** Random tile placer.

**Joyce/Kibblez-** Chest system.

**Scott-** Guilds

**Ballie-** Multiple npc drops.

**Captian Wabbit**-Projectiles, chat drawn to screen.

??**Domino**- Send messages to server

**Soul**- Server Restarter

**L**- Tool Power mod.

**Nelda Interactive** -Menu GUI

**Robin-** Converstaion System, Eclipse Origins engine, bug fixes, PicScreen Size change.

**Fbu-** Sprite change attribute.

**Derryl-** Party Chat

**Chamster(wabbit, ryoku)-** Projectiles damage scale.

I don't know if it's just me, but can anyone tell me why the NPCs bug up and crash the server? Or why they keep randomly shifting to attack on sight? Or why the npcs lose their spawn time? There's gotta be some kind of major bug in this.. This is really starting to annoy me.. That being said, I like the features, since I don't have time to code everything in myself, so if someone could please tell me why my NPCs are crapping out at every second, I'd be grateful.

DUDE, this is exactly what i have been asking… why do the npc drops not save correctly?  its really annoying.. has to be a reason.. but im not cool enough to figure it out :(

*Also, the 0.5  method does not work, the 0,5 method does not work either, they all say invalid and crash me :(

I believe that there is a bug in the code for the multiple drop. The 0.5 does work for me, but when i set multiple drops it causes everything to mess up. I've had to go into the server and manually delete npc data several times because the error handler simply crashes the game before i have a chance to manipulate it using the NPC editor. I think this problem has always been in the multiple drop script, I do my own graphic work, which I'm very proud of, and I don't have time to code in all of the features I want, which is the reason I'm even using a custom version in the first place. I'm just tinkering with it right now so that I can get a basic idea of how my mmorpg will play. However, I still need functional coding. Please fix these bugs, Jaxx, prove to us all that you can fix these buggy scripts, then no one will have any right to call you a ripper. lol

@Scypher:

> They're not buggy, just poorly implemented and untested.

I'm pretty sure that I learned in introduction to programming that poorly implemented code, which results in an undesired effect in the program is a bug… If it happens and it isn't supposed to happen, and it's a result of the code, or poorly written code, it's still a bug because the result achieved is NOT the original intention, therefore it doesn't work right, therefore it's bugged.. And I'm pretty sure untested is irrelevant here considering I've spent the better part of 3 days testing them, so before you insult my intelligence, please understand that I'm not a complete moron.

@dopeboy:

> hi, i have few quastions on this wesion:
>
> 1\. how to make quasts?
> 2\. how to make crafting, couse when i add craft atribute on map, its showing that "you cant craft here"…

1\. /editquest
2\. U have to make a recipe in the item editor

For future reference if u have any issues with how to use any of the features in this engine just search for the system in the source tutorial board they are most likely on the first 4 pages or use search or tutorial index page .:)

Please add these for your next update please I beg u do it fast.http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,80414.0.html  Guild upgrade    http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,79790.0.html bubble chat also how do you change the words it says in the schools when  your trying to register.

Ideas for version 12
These are things that are on my engine and still have many of the things yours has.

1\. Random stats on items you receive.
So maybe you pick up a "Sword" It has 2 damage. Kill the same monster and pick up the same weapon a "Sword" but with 4 damage. To do this you need two places to put stats for your weapons, one that says "min" and one that says "max". In this example "Min" damage could have been 1 and "max" damage could have been anything above 1\. Kill the same monster for a "Sword" and get a "Sword" with damage stats anywhere between  1 and whatever. I have this added on mine. (We're still working with this on my engine, not the easiest of things to do. I'd say its 98% finished)

2\. Weapons and armor that do more then just damage and take damage and standard stat BS.
Weapons that might attack multiple times in a single stroke. Armor that make the delay on your weapons take less or more time.

3\. FIX your  PVP, I have not tried your engine yet, but I bet if I try to do pvp with your pets, or do a team pvp or something a little off with your PVP. It will fail. Hey! I could be wrong thou.

4\. Weather effects

5\. Monsters that can attack multiple times with a single blow.

6\. Linear spells

7\. A "Provoke" type spell. Some kind of useful spell to get foes off friends,or to stand still if a ranged weapon user has it on him and your trying to attack the monster with a sword…..Seriously its annoying... 

8\. A combo system for weapons, something like switching between an weak attack and strong attack results in a spell.

9\. Backgrounds/Paranormal/seamless edge. I don't know what people here call it, but I think Backgrounds should describe it enough.

10\. Finally... This one isn't on my engine, but I think it would seal the deal....
Add JC's event system.