Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Chronicles Update 11!!!

SkywardRiver

This engine is unsupported and broken, but mostly kept here for future reference!

All right! Are you looking for a custom version of eclipse origins with some awesome features? Do you not have visual basic or just don't have enough time to follow tutorials on how to make the game better? Well here's your answer. Eclipse Chronicles from Majik Games includes:

-Features

>! -a boosted map/player maximum(usually 70 max players and 100 max maps)
-projectiles(arrows/guns)
-quests with a snazzy beta button(still cleaning up all the other stuff though ^.^)(open by typing /editquest in the chatbox)
-chests(open with enter)
-real defensive items(just turn up the 'damage' on non-weapon items)
-sprite changing attributes which cost 500 gold
-bug fixes(hotbar fix ect.)
-random tile placer(in map editor)
-conversation system(make a convo and assign it to an NPC)
-npc visible levels(So your players don't attack a level 20 bee right off the hop)
-auto target on attack
-guilds(type in /guilds in the chatbox) YOU MUST DELETE ALL OLD ACCOUNTS BEFORE ADDING THIS!!!!
-party chat(type in /p before every party message)
>! Version 4
-Lightnings/Nialls Pet system with Item summons
-Tool power(make a pickaxe with tool power 2 and it can mine ore with 2 power required)
>! Version 5
-Mp3 support
-Damage scaling for ranged combat(Damage with a bow or gun increases with your agility)
>! Version 6
-Map animations!
-Walk through player!
-Buff/Debuff Spells!
>! Version 7
-NPC spells
-NPC multiple drops
-Crafting
>! Version 8
-Checkpoints
-Jaxx's Crafting Map Tile
-ALOT of bug fixes!
>! Version 9
-Scripted map attributes that you program yourself!(Those without VB6 just leave this alone)
-Pet menu and in-game button!
-TONS of bug fixes!
-Player editor included!
>! Version 10
-A HECK OF A LOT OF BUG FIXES!!!!
-Me Gusta's Status Checker!
>! Version 10.5
-Bigger picScreen!
-Chat drawn to screen!
-Send messages from server!
-Word Wrapping!
-Custom Programmed bosses! (Only VB6)
>! Version 10.7
-Different clients and frmMain's for either regular or enlarged picScreen!!! (Larger picScreen has drawn chat, with option to turn on and off in version 11!!!)
>! Version 11
-Pet arena map moral (still in beta)
-Automatic server restarter (can be turned on or off)
-Resource success rate
-Fixed resource bug
-Doors, keys, and switches
-Turn chat on or off (bigscreen only)
-Pet Combat upgrade

Zoptos
Version Seven of Eclipse Chronicles(also includes all of the update SIX of Eclipse Chronicles stuff..)

>! -Server Messages(in color)
-Chat box channels(global and map)
-PM's(player name /m in chat box)
-Blacksmithing
-Set access from server

Tell me if I forgot anything Zopto!

-Personalization 

>! All right, so yeah I personalized my create character screen so it will show a description for my projects classes(elf man dwarf orc) If YOU DO NOT HAVE VB6, and only if you do not have it, send me a PM with your classes and a description for each and I will make a custom menu form for those classes.

Expected for Jaxx version 12:
(Please note that all the features that you get from Eclipse Chronicles are in my own game as well so I will post the new features that I add whenever I have some free time!)

>! NO IDEA WHATSOEVER

To even go above and beyond I loaded this thing up with tilesets, sprites, items, spell icons, music, and sound!

CREDITS

>! Credits go to various eclipse community members (I'll try to get names later) for their tutorials on VB6 source from which I learned, Majik Games, and of course, Robin.
>! Credits:
>! Ryoku Hasu- Doors, Real Defense, Word Wrapping, Buff/Debuff Spells, Pet summon Items, Auto-Target, Pet combat upgrade. Max Vital change.
>! Alatar- Quest, Checkpoints
>! Lightning- Pet System, Boss Battle Framework. Bug Fixes.
>! DJMaxus- Crafting system, Npc Spells.
>! Dameon666- MP3 support.
>! Richy- Scripted Tiles.
>! Me Gusta- Status Checker
>! Serenade- Random tile placer.
>! Joyce/Kibblez- Chest system.
>! Scott- Guilds
>! Ballie- Multiple npc drops.
>! Captian Wabbit-Projectiles, chat drawn to screen.
>! ??Domino- Send messages to server
>! Soul- Server Restarter
>! L- Tool Power mod.
>! Nelda Interactive -Menu GUI
>! Robin- Converstaion System, Eclipse Origins engine, bug fixes, PicScreen Size change.
>! Fbu- Sprite change attribute.
>! Derryl- Party Chat
>! Chamster(wabbit, ryoku)- Projectiles damage scale.
>! Also to Zopto, who actually brought you all of update six!
>! (Please note that The maps and Storyline of The Chronicles of Starlight are property of Majik Games, this includes some of the item such as the orbs.)

Special thanks to

>! Zopto
Me Gusta
Vindicate
Nelda Interactive
Dimenxion
Justn
Scypher

****NEWSFLASH****
I would like to make a tutorial on how to use these systems(thanks for the inspiration rose ^.^) so give me a couple days if not three weeks, as I have alot of fun playing around with code.

ALSO***
I will continue to work on Eclipse Chronicles. Zopto has created a Version 7, I will continue to support him and host his version of Eclipse Chronicles, but Jaxx's Eclispe Chronicles is still in version six and will continue to add more useful features.

For now this is all, I hope that you will enjoy creating with these systems,

Yours Truly,
                                                      Jaxx

-Download

>! Update 11!!!!!!!!
http://uploading.com/files/m1cb99f2/Eclipse%2BChronicles.rar/
>! Update 10.7!!!!
http://www.2shared.com/file/I6B0PIbQ/Eclipse_Chronicles107.html
>! Update 10.7!!!! Mirror Download
http://uploading.com/files/dbb3f6b9/Eclipse%2BChronicles10.7.rar/
>! Update 10.5!!!!
I had some free time so I posted my next version up…
http://majikgamesvx.webs.com/downloads.htm
>! This comes with the Status Checker!!!! Very useful! (Update 10)
https://rapidshare.com/files/2748866194/The_Chronicles_of_Starlight_10-1.zip
>! For those that don't have winRar! ( This is a zipped form of version 9 )
http://www.4shared.com/zip/NVFrCejZ/The_Chronicles_of_Starlight.html?

So this is Zoptos
Update eight!!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4hthba

Also note that i do not actually work on this site, just a host for downloading  :cheesy:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to tinker around with the code for it to work like that, at the moment it would make the most sense to set up a clothes store and add your sprites to a tile set, then you can put up an example sprite for the players to look at. With the convo system, u could have the shopkeeper tell the players the price. Another way is to has friendly npcs as examples, place an example Npc near the sprite attribute and have a convo or something to let the player know that they are near the spot where that can buy that Npc's clothes. Remember to place Npc spawn and avoids or blocks around it. (I recommend Npc Avoids, so that you can also occupy that space) The best way to take advantage of this sprite attribute is to start each class off with simple villager clothes and not give them that cool knights outfits right off the hop.
                        Yours truly,
                                  Jaxx

If you don't have enough time to read the tutorials, then there is absolutely no point in making a game, it's a work hard learning experience. As far as I'm concerned this is just another junky feature packed edit, if you actually want to help, teach people something.

Although, your drive to actually submit something that is to aid, even in the most lazy of aspects, it's a nice gesture to offer to the community.

Ya know? You're right rose! I might make an absolutely huge tutorial that will cover everything in this edit. And I really do want to help this community, I definitely know that there are a lot of new people our there looking to actually make a game that could actually go somewhere. I'll try to clean this up and make it better also.

I appreciate the criticism,
                                  Jaxx

Yes I'm sorry, I'm trying to upload the second update, try again in 20 minutes and It should work, plz note however, that I am still cleaning up the graphics for the convo and quest stuff,
                                                                                                                Jaxx

EDIT* K all good to go!

@Jaxx:

> No prob for the edits guys, I would like to add pets today, and I have added guilds and party chat.
>             Thanks for the ideas,
>                                       Jaxx

Wow, Jaxx I'm quite impressed how fast you can get all this done, BTW are you using your own code or are you using the tutorials other people made? Either way nice job!

ok.. add the walk though people tutorial, multipul npc drop, friends list, and simple summon pets with items :) Also crafting system is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
–-----------
treMOAR!

i keep getting runtime error 5 when i try to start it up. it keeps leading me to a part of the modsound file called
Set Segment = Loader.LoadSegment(App.Path & MUSIC_PATH & fileName) and if i delete that i know the game wont have any music. so what should i do?

Hey guys, For the music, I'll try to find out what's wrong, and for the convo thing, worked great for me, but I'll stress test it and see if I missed any bugs ;) Give me a couple hours as I still need some breakfast ;)
For pets…. As you can see, all items have a number, to make a new pet, you must give the Npc the exact same number, for example: the faerie has an Npc number of 51, and the summon test which summons the faerie is item number 51\. I'll put this into te tutorial, If you have a question, PM me,
      Jaxx