Eclipse Chronicles Update 11!!!

SkywardRiver

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i open the npc menu on the new update oops
RUN TIME ERROR 370, INVALID PROPERTY VALUE

^–-- what he said... this is driving me insane.... What am i doing wrong?

I have tried putting 0.25    0.50    0.1

It works for a min... then i save... and i try agian and it says Invalid..

OH ... and it is Not saving any of the values/npcs drops or anything :( 

it reverts back to like Gold.. when i set it to Potion and whatnot..

very annoying... i have not modified the scripts at all btw.

i have also deleted all the npc files.  PLZ help me...

@rrashintoast:

> when i open the npc menu on the new update oops
> RUN TIME ERROR 370, INVALID PROPERTY VALUE
>
> ^–-- what he said... this is driving me insane.... What am i doing wrong?
>
> I have tried putting 0.25    0.50    0.1
>
> It works for a min... then i save... and i try agian and it says Invalid..
>
> OH ... and it is Not saving any of the values/npcs drops or anything :( 
>
> it reverts back to like Gold.. when i set it to Potion and whatnot..
>
> very annoying... i have not modified the scripts at all btw.
>
> i have also deleted all the npc files.  PLZ help me...

What the hell, why are you using decimals?

@rrashintoast:

> What am i supposed to use??
>
> An answer would be nice, Mr smart guy…

It uses a 1/x format. So:

1/1 = 100% chance of drop
1/2 = 50% chance of drop
1/3 = 33% chance of drop
1/4 = 25% chance of drop.

I agree they should probably be changed to percents (like 0 - 100), all you would need is to strip the percents, store it as a number, and use (0, 100) for the random function. But it has always been in the 1/x format, so changing it now would be a little counterintuitive.

@Justn:

> Well since jaxx added the multiple drops tutorial it would be a decimal like the other guy said not the default way

agh. I have to stop looking at the first unread post and assuming it's the whole thread. Then what does rrashintoast's post mean, if that's the expected way of handling it.

@Soul:

> agh. I have to stop looking at the first unread post and assuming it's the whole thread. Then what does rrashintoast's post mean, if that's the expected way of handling it.

My post means,  i have tried using a decimal.. and it doesnt work :(

Load up version 11.. it doesnt save any npcs…

something is wrong lol.. i was just asking.. hoping maybe it was just me.

Turns out, I tried it once again, and when I type a  /  for 1/4  it gives error right away.

BUT every time i hit save..

and go back into the NPC editor…

Nothing saved... no drops)

I can set up all 10 drops, for 10 npcs, hit save.. and go back in and none of them are saved....

its really strange.

Well I have used the tutorial for npc drops and I can use fractions or decimals and it will convert it to decimals.. but I have read the new tutorial and people seem to have issues and they use a comma instead of a decimal point and it works the same way they said maybe try using ,5 seems pretty dumb though :)

nothing about the multipul drops works.  It doesnt save, its just a huge fail..

i mean who wrote this code… im gonna get my VB buddy to fix it, and ill post a fix on here. 

(i have made multipul npcs, filling in ALL blanks, tried everything dont act like i didnt.. the code is unusable)

and btw, it doesnt matter what u read, 0,2 does not work, nor does 0.2, or 1/2, or just 2.

Try them, none work.

@rrashintoast:

> nothing about the multipul drops works.  It doesnt save, its just a huge fail..
>
> i mean who wrote this code… im gonna get my VB buddy to fix it, and ill post a fix on here. 
>
> (i have made multipul npcs, filling in ALL blanks, tried everything dont act like i didnt.. the code is unusable)
>
> and btw, it doesnt matter what u read, 0,2 does not work, nor does 0.2, or 1/2, or just 2.
>
> Try them, none work.

Can you replicate this on a plain copy of Origins, or does it only appear with this custom version?

Damn fine source, saved me some time on various dogshit. Im pulling some of your features into a DX8 version of EO2.0 you will be given the credit of course. Keep up the good work, its good to see eclipse is still very much alive.

@۩ŞṗάỈᾗἷỗהּ۩:

> Damn fine source, saved me some time on various dogshit. Im pulling some of your features into a DX8 version of EO2.0 you will be given the credit of course.

Well, you should also give credits to the ones who made the tutorials for it.

Guys, i need some help with scripted Tiles…i don't know how to make it work. i tested the scripted tiles with the first case of the VB code, but when i step on the tile nothing happens. I tried to press enter, Ctrl, click, but none of this works.

Any ideas how it works?
Thx

Hello :) I wanted to know if you could improve a little the system of arrows, I mean if you could improve the editor to have any option of leaving a sierta amount of arrows, the style of a Kameha, would be very good for gaming in style :)

@Augusto:

> Hello :) I wanted to know if you could improve a little the system of arrows, I mean if you could improve the editor to have any option of leaving a sierta amount of arrows, the style of a Kameha, would be very good for gaming in style :)

Or you could program it in yourself?