Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO Java Edition 1.0

Alright, Im locking this topic. So many people cant get this to work and im running into a $%*# load of errors as well. So Im going to fix some stuff up before releasing a 1.1\. If anybody wants to mess around with the source, and see if they can get it working as well…be my guest. PM me with any questions.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dt3g9di2idm5q3d

>! ![](http://i49.tinypic.com/2462sfm.jpg) ![](http://i50.tinypic.com/2poe90j.jpg)

What it contains:
Client Source
Data Files
Library Files

How to use:
You need to actually use the real Eclipse engins, with netbeans. Just create a new project, import all the .java files, and create the jar. Sign the jar, with jar Maker, zip up the graphics files and name it _cache.zip, upload your jar and cache to your webhost, play your game.

I dident bother making a rigorus tutorial because its all pretty much self reliable, as for programming, learn it your self.

@crzy:

> He is a mad programmer…. Nice work... To bad i dont know java....

To bad from what i hear, is that all this does is load the compiled client .exe through a jar application.

No programming involved here if i read this Javaco program correctly xD

Still pretty neat though :P

@crzy:

> So it puts the exe into a jar file???? how retarded is that… Although that would allow it to be a broswer game then huh.... thats always nice

That is kinda what it does, lets just say its not the best method to get eclipse on a webpage :P

Haha thanks jc. Lets get this cleared up for some people. This is a java engine. No vb,vb6,vb codes. This is a java eninge now. The jabaco version is in the resource section.

Great job on converting this, maybe someone will now have the courage to start on a EO java server.

Also I don't get the posts above me if this is and it sure does looks like pure Java then you just have to create a jar file and sign it and you will be able to play it in the browser. There's no reason to include a exe in the jar.

This has nothing to do with a .exe. I dont know why people keep saying anything about.exe. But you are correct, jar it, sign it, play it.

Very nice job, I just saw this today… Started playing with it, it works perfectly! Got it working online and everything! I was porting it over to Java little by little, but this...THIS is amazing, thanks for the help!

Glad i could help. Yanno for some reason your one of the few people who actually got it running. good stuff mate.

@daxterxx:

> Glad i could help. Yanno for some reason your one of the few people who actually got it running. good stuff mate.

I'm also able to run it just create a new project in your in java IDE and import the .java files and done. Also will you convert the server in the future?

Importing all the files just causes it to throw a whole bunch of syntax errors, unreachable statements and there is no main class. Sooo… How exactly did you get it to run? I make a new project in Netbeans, import the files and BAM a few hundred errors all over.

@Joyce:

> Importing all the files just causes it to throw a whole bunch of syntax errors, unreachable statements and there is no main class. Sooo… How exactly did you get it to run? I make a new project in Netbeans, import the files and BAM a few hundred errors all over.

Check for a class the loads the game.
Also please don't use netbeans for java it might be good for GUI programming in java but that will only get in your way in the future, use the Eclipse java IDE trust me on this one.