Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions + CrystalShire (Old version Engine)

clark

Hi people (I'm french) so i'm not good in english  :embarrassed:

So i have some questions to ask , but first i need to talk about CrystalShire
As i heard , CrystalShire old version is now free to use , but you need to give credits .
So i'm gonna ask you , can i use it without any problems ? i mean the reasons i would like to use it , it,s because it's look like to be more advanced , more faster etc.. than Eclipse Origins (the latest version)
Correct me if i'm wrong… but CrystalShire is very faster and more stable than Eclipse isn't it?

Well if i'm wrong then , can you tell me why Eclipse origins take more time to load than CrystalShire + How to optimize it , and if Using Eclipse Origins it's better and for wich reasons.
Also i really need to ask you How can i edit the FrmMain of Eclipse origins? because there is alot of things they no show up when i open it in vb6 i mean it's transparent and ... not really easy for me to know where each things are etc...

Oh and by the way  , thank you to put the french section back , i really needed it
and people would like to use it too !
It would be great to help us to add more scripts etc into this section , people will come easly if there is lot of things .

You should know that french people are too lazy to learn english that's why 90% of the french people won't come here  :P

Ok Thanks to people who will reply to me and don't insult me please
I'm not an expert about things on Eclipse i just want to learn Like yoda teach to jedi's... ok i'm joking ^^ Bye

Crystalshire is broken in the graphics engine. (Hit Alt-Control-Delete and open task manager while you are in game… it will crash). These crashes will also occur randomly the Alt-Control-Delete method simply forces it. You would have to re-program the whole graphics engine from the ground-up.

Which leads me to answer your question about Eclipse Origins. Crystalshire loads graphics when needed while Eclipse Origins loads them when you start the game. [If you are using the Event System 3.0 Version]. Which leads to a longer load time but saves processing power in the long run.

Oh ok thank you very much for this rapid reply
i'm gonna ask you some things again and i need to go sleep so i wont reply that faster

Hmm actually Eclipse origins (the latest)
Do i have to edit the system to make it able to recognize perfectly VX char , tilesets ?
And what about Autotiles? i need to add it too ?
Is there any possibility to make an external Map editor? because it's not really comfortable to map it into the game screen.
Oh and , i saw scripts section where there is alot of scripts imcomplete or ressources deleted , maybe forum transfering ? then where will i be able to found them back ?

I think it's all for the moment ^^
well i go sleep good morning/night !

No you actually don't have to.
It is already programmed to recognize every character from every maker. Even big 64x 64y characters are supported .

Also for the map look around the code for it; all i know is there has to be a way for you to edit map out side of game(rpg makervx style if prefered :))

@jcsnider:

> Crystalshire is broken in the graphics engine. (Hit Alt-Control-Delete and open task manager while you are in game… it will crash). These crashes will also occur randomly the Alt-Control-Delete method simply forces it. You would have to re-program the whole graphics engine from the ground-up.
>
> Which leads me to answer your question about Eclipse Origins. Crystalshire loads graphics when needed while Eclipse Origins loads them when you start the game. [If you are using the Event System 3.0 Version]. Which leads to a longer load time but saves processing power in the long run.

Is there anyway to stop that Ctrl+Alt+Delete crash? Other than, like you said, to rebuild the graphics engine?

@Synergy:

> Is there anyway to stop that Ctrl+Alt+Delete crash? Other than, like you said, to rebuild the graphics engine?

I don't think so because the problem Ctrl+alt+Delete Crashes the game is because of the graphics engine so to fix it you have to rebuild the engine.

@Inius:

> I don't think so because the problem Ctrl+alt+Delete Crashes the game is because of the graphics engine so to fix it you have to rebuild the engine.

Do we know _why_ the graphics engine causes this crash though? Surely there must be a specific reason, rather than just "the graphics engine"?
Still, for all I know, maybe it is just "the graphics engine" but part of me thinks there must be something else to it..

@Synergy:

> Do we know _why_ the graphics engine causes this crash though? Surely there must be a specific reason, rather than just "the graphics engine"?
> Still, for all I know, maybe it is just "the graphics engine" but part of me thinks there must be something else to it..

There probably is but if any one found another solution they won't release to any one, you just gotta pray some kind soul actually gets to fix this another way and ACTUALLY decides to release it

Why are u guys wanting to still use crystal shire? You do realize that even robin has stated that the engine was never meant to be used to make a game but only to rip code from and use as a reference.. also jcsnider has already released a stable more user friendly dx8 engine with a lot more features as crystalshire.. and guess what its still developing and will get better as crystalshire:de is abandoned :) don't use cs:de at all

@Yumi:

> EEEK. THIS DUDE HAVE A PICTURE OF JAMES ROBINSON, A FAKE PERSON! HAVE YOU ALL WATCHED THE MOVIE "CYBERBULLY"? IM SCARED!!! lol
>
> On topic:
>
> Nope, it completely opposite.
> Crystalshire is slower and have more bug than EO.

It's annoying, because I started making my game with CS:DE, finding it much better than EO. Especially the DX8 support.. I really don't want to have to move over engines.. Do maps need converting etc, or can I just copy the map files?
Meh..

Thanks for your replyes ^^
Hmm so i gonna stop the production on Crystal ,
I have 2 choices ,

1-Take Eclipse Origins
2-Take the another engine with dx8 like you said

So tell me the name of the dx8 engine , and tell me what dx8 have of advantages please ^^

@clark:

> Thanks for your replyes ^^
> Hmm so i gonna stop the production on Crystal ,
> I have 2 choices ,
>
> 1-Take Eclipse Origins
> 2-Take the another engine with dx8 like you said
>
> So tell me the name of the dx8 engine , and tell me what dx8 have of advantages please ^^

I think the Eclipse Nightly release is a good bet. DX8 allows for really nice graphics (.png support) and alpha (transparency) and various other things.
Basically, the DX8 Eclipse will give you good stuff from CS:DE, and the stability from EO.

@Lepongistedu63:

> Hum, if i have understand, we can't create our game with CrystalShire DE ? :o

You can, but its not smart because the graphics and sound engine is broken. (not in the way that it doesn't work, but it the way its not build correctly)

• 2 weeks later...
@General:

> Wow… People still don't know how to fix this?
>
> Ok first off, cache all the textures at startup.
>
> Secondly, when the Form loses focus, unload and reload the textures...

Hey nice this will fix automation error when that faded screen in Windows 7 popups