Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[WIP] Life Forge

Zetasis

Another Update. I have been working on the first village and have taken into consideration what you guys and others have said. Let me know if you think it looks better.

![](http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/78f87deb8185cef06993bdbeebf2b2f0.png)

• 2 weeks later...
Well thanks Mal! A C# engine would be pretty cool, I must admit, but I know that would take alot of work and I don't expect you to really do that for me. I do appreciate the kind words though. Thanks again!

On a side note, I have purchased some really nice retro graphics and have been messing around with them lately. I'm not sure if I will use my graphics or the ones I have purchased yet. I want to stick with my graphics because I made them and it feels more personal but at the same time I want the game to look professional. Like I said, I'm not sure yet what the final verdict will be but I'll be sure to let you know. What do you guys think? I can post screenies of the purchased graphics if you guys would like.

@'Zetasis':

> but at the same time I want the game to look professional.

Why?

We know that this is your personal project. Hell, some of the most _fun_ Eclipse games have been some of the visually worst, but through playing them you could tell how much love and care did go into them. And yours isn't even visually bad by any means!

If you _really_ want to find something to pick fault at with your current visuals (and this is me being superfluous), it'll be your mapping, not your graphics. The cute graphics are perfectly fine as they are. :>

Use whichever graphics fits the theme & world of your game the most. Also, if you purchased them, I'd use them, especially if they are better. That leaves you to sell any preexisting assets you've created.

There's nothing wrong with paid assets being better than yours, but when I say 'better' I mean in regards to the feel of the game, not your opinion or anyone else's about the quality/look of them.

Not knocking your graphics, I like them. Just do what fits best for the game, that's all. Maybe you could show them for comparison?

@'Zetasis':

> Well thanks Mal! A C# engine would be pretty cool, I must admit, but I know that would take alot of work and I don't expect you to really do that for me. I do appreciate the kind words though. Thanks again!

Bleh, I don't mind. Would be fun and something for me to do. :) I only have time for one project, whether it be my own or someone else's, so first come first served. I'll be honest and say if what you're using is working well for you (and it seems like it really is!) then stick with it.

• 4 weeks later...
The game looks really pretty which could promise a really well made and fun game, though reading the thread makes me feel like it'll be another generic grindy MMORPG with the same elements. This game has potential, though I still think you should re-think the game concept and mechanics of the game and try and make it stand out from the rest of the online RPGS aside from the artstyle which is really pretty. If you nail both art and not-done-before and fun game mechanics, you can create a masterpiece.

• 1 month later...
Ok mate u need to work on the rain(they look way to giant), but other than that all of it is awesome! It's great! It's unbelievable! It's the best(but not the best game, but the best)! YOU BETTER FINISH THIS GAME CAUSE IM PROBS GONNA PLAY IT EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE(it might change my life, but hey, it's better than nothing). GOOD LUCK MAN!!!

Well I guess by now I'm not new to pixel art but I'm really not that good. I have been getting better, slowly, but practice is the only way to improve. Oh, and I do use art from other games but when I do I never claim it as my own. Besides, it would be fairly easy to tell a professionals work apart from my own lol.