Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ENGINE] Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

tslusny

> 1\. Usage of PNG files for graphics and OGG for sound. Aside from obvious things like 8bit transparency for PNGs, both OGG and PNG are *much* smaller than counterparts already used (WAV and BMP). OGG could be also used for music, MIDI won't do everything.

Already works this way.

> 2\. Autoupdate function. Basically all data files (maps, graphics, sfx, etc.) would be stored on server and client would on start check if they have current version.

External programs already exist for this.

> 3\. **MAJOR/BIG** Lua scripting engine integration. Why Lua? Well, it is fastest scripting engine currently made and as such, it would work very well on server. Integration itself would be simple task, I think, but what makes this major suggestion, is that I'd like all mod*.bas files into Lua to avoid engine recompilation to minimum, only if something seriously break.

LUA Doesn't work well with VB6, and it isn't nearly as simple as you think it is. He'd need to write his own implementation, and it'd only result in slower execution than we have now, because well.. scripting, it's an external source of code.

> 4\. Picking tile/rectangle of tiles with right click directly from map, like in RPG Maker

This shouldn't be too hard, and literarily take 5 seconds to implement.

> 5\. Ability to set default spawnpoint directly in map editor. If there are different spawn points on different maps, spawnpoint would be selected at random. Also class-specific spawnpoints, so all mages would spawn into Mage Tower while all warriors into Warrior training center, etc.

Interesting, although this would require the entire system to be rewritten considering it isn't tied to a map at all right now, it's a completely seperate value.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Admin panel is supposed to close. Check all open windows if it is open. Because it maybe hidden behind others.

I know it is supposed, but checked and it isn't under other windows. All I get is "Close" button labeled Events. But anyway, I think I'll get back to origins, as I prefer its event system more (convenience and more features like move routes).

//edit: @Joyce, because I've forgot to. I am fully aware that there are external programs that do updating stuff, but I'd like such functionality inside client as it is both convenient for me as a developer (one less program to deploy) and end user (the just run client exe and don't worry about anything else).

> //edit: @Joyce, because I've forgot to. I am fully aware that there are external programs that do updating stuff, but I'd like such functionality inside client as it is both convenient for me as a developer (one less program to deploy) and end user (the just run client exe and don't worry about anything else).

Except, you can point your shortcut AT the updater, and run the client with a commandline argument to make sure people can't run it seperately. Not to mention, your client has a critical bug, but you can't patch it properly because.. well, your client IS the updater itself. You can't let a program replace it's own executable, you're going to need a second program regardless.

From a design standpoint your idea seems nice, but from a functional standpoint it's just too much of a risk. Sure, you can assume your application never has any issues that reside within the main code (assuming the previously implemented LUA scripting is included as was your request), but even then mistakes happen, and certain configurations just cause issues with certain code and patching it up or adding new features requires you to modify the main executable.

> I know it is supposed, but checked and it isn't under other windows. All I get is "Close" button labeled Events. But anyway, I think I'll get back to origins, as I prefer its event system more (convenience and more features like move routes).

Just for the record, bear in mind that the original Event System used in Origins is significantly slower because of these fluff features. Events are processed very often in the main server loop. So do keep that in mind when designing your mechanics. Spamming your game full of events will likely cause issues because non-global ones are processed (and thus generate network traffic) for every player on that map.

Hey guys Im having an issue with this version. I sent the client to people we set the ip to what my ip was on Hamachi and no one can connect even though we got it right. It says the server is offline when its online and everyone is connecting to my ip. So does this still work with hamachi or do I need to actually port forward and will it work? has anyone tried it out? I like this version alot but this is the only problem. Thanks if anyone can help.

They are connected to my network its just when the put my ip in the config. area for the client and load the game up and connect it wont work. It says "Server may not be up at this time, please try again later or visit eclipse ect.." So I guess ill try port forwarding or have one of my friends host the server but if that doesn't work then theres something wrong.

Disable your computer firewall and let them try again , if it works then you should open the port number you put in the config.ini to the firewall .

If it don't work , then enable again your computer firewall and open the ports in you router.

If it don't work again … then use no-ip

Zeph you installed the no-ip and runned Duc3.0 (the no-ip program) ? did you entered your login password and checked the no-ip adress?

if so and it still don't work then rename your server.exe to another name like server2.exe and right on it make it "run as admin" then you'll see again the firewall message telling you to authorize accept it and use this :

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/statuschecker.html

Type the no-ip adress

and the port inside of your server config.ini

and see if it say offline or online make every methods and check it when it's online then keep that configuration

Don't forget to tell your friends to change the ip adress in their config.ini to the no-ip one it's something xxx.no-ip.org or something that you selected

Also keep in mind that you cannot run your client using the no-ip adress on your computer others can but you can't .

> Quest & Guild System. This Engine gonne be ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) da best.

Can You read? This engine not will be have quest system and guild system.

If You want have quest system and guild system go to Eclipse Mega.

Apologies if this is an extremely stupid question or if it was answered somewhere in the 46 pages of this thread, but since the movement keys were remapped to WASD, what is the new key to pick up items?

EDIT: I am a fool. But for some reason I am not seeing projectiles being fired from my bow.

> You should try again to port cs:de loading /rendering to EA , because you will save more time than fixing ER and adding features on it just to say.

Yea, but some people are complaining that i stolen some things for EA from other engines, and in ER everything is clean and no1 can say that bad words about it. I think i will post tut for Particle system and then i will make last EA and then i will stop working on it and continue only with ER.

> Yea, but some people are complaining that i stolen some things for EA from other engines, and in ER everything is clean and no1 can say that bad words about it. I think i will post tut for Particle system and then i will make last EA and then i will stop working on it and continue only with ER.

u should do that =_=