Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ENGINE] Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

tslusny

Here is a bugfix for the TakeItem part of the event system in 3.0.13 or newerâ€Ĥ

Also it has the code on how to add an amount requirement into item Conditional Branches.

[Link](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129957-ea-3013-event-system-takeitem/)

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion on the new event system:

I feel like it is not very user friendlyâ€Ĥ I find it easier to go to the map editor and click events and see my events and where they are positioned. I prefer the JC's event interface (the event creation window) it doesn't seem as crammed into a smaller window easier to use. Other than that I find EA to excel in all other areas! If you have the time Deathbeam, I suggest looking into these areas and improving.

P.S - What exactly is the script command used for?

I hope for the event system to be very versatile and easy to use to allow a easier way of adding new content into the game: Bosses, Scripted events, and better more intresting NPC interactions.

> answome work deathbeam
>
> this is for sure the best open engine actually
>
> obs: I notice my music/sound dont work,is it a bug?
>
> Oh,I would like to know if the last version has other know bugs?
>
> thanks man

Music/Sound do not work, becouye you have disbaled it ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) Enable it in options xD

> My opinion on the new event system:
>
> I feel like it is not very user friendlyâ€Ĥ I find it easier to go to the map editor and click events and see my events and where they are positioned. I prefer the JC's event interface (the event creation window) it doesn't seem as crammed into a smaller window easier to use. Other than that I find EA to excel in all other areas! If you have the time Deathbeam, I suggest looking into these areas and improving.
>
> P.S - What exactly is the script command used for?
>
> I hope for the event system to be very versatile and easy to use to allow a easier way of adding new content into the game: Bosses, Scripted events, and better more intresting NPC interactions.

Yea maybe mine is less user-friendly, but it is alot stabler and code is alooot cleaner so you can easily add/remove features. And script command is for custom commands, what can be found in modCustom in server

Great update! The more I play around with it the more I love it! Also, I remember you saying the screen not scrolling on a map smaller than the screen doesn't work is there any way you think you can look into changing it? If not what is the best way around it?

[Bugs]

Now there is an issue with the description text of the fire spell not fitting in its box.

Events editor is somewhat glitchy when in conditional branch I have the option to select: Warrior, Magician, Fire and Water and in the skills condition I have no optionâ€Ĥ

I am still occasionally getting "Run-Time error subscript out of range" when I click event menu while I have it open and clicking on a event. (I tried duplicating this but it didn't happen again?)

The Shop has an issue when rendering the description, the price appears above the description.

I do have a request: A quest system, It sounds noobish to ask for something like this but from seeing how stable your engine is so far with how much you have already done I can see you doing a great job on it. All it needs to be is a window like the inventory that displays a list of quests with a scroll bar, when a quest is clicked on a window pops up with quest information: If it hasn't been started it will display information on how to start it and the rewards. While a quest in progress the quest name color changes to yellow, the window now displays the player's tasks. When all tasks have been completed it will now display the quest text in the quests log as green and when the player clicks on it will tell him to go back to the quest giver to obtain his reward. Also add a command in an event or npc to start a quest. This is alot like runescape's old quest log system and I think you should consider developing one for EA.

These days so many engines copy tutorials and lets just say they don't do a good job so I see this as a need for those developers who want to make an above normal eclipse game.

>! Ignore the click that, this was stolen off of google.
>! ![](http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/63/guidestep.png)

Keep up the good work ;p I really appreciate how generous you are for offering nooby programmers (me) a chance to make a good quality orpg!

-Crimexx

Damn mate, not only is this engine faster than normal EO2.0 its much more better! Couple things you needto fix. 1 obviously completed the effect editor so you can see what your making. 2 double check your event commands, Adding exp does not give me exp when i talk to an event, and change items, brings me to the change level command editor. SO doublec check and perfect your commands. Other than that, sick work you got going on here!

> Music/Sound do not work, becouye you have disbaled it ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) Enable it in options xD

Hi death,my music/sound dont work really,I put a litle code in 'playmusic' sub to see whats the error and its that INIT_MUSIC isnt 'True'

there some way to fix it?

obs: I have **cs:de** with music/sound bug fix and its working ( the same midis and mp3 )

keep the great work²

> Hi death,my music/sound dont work really,I put a litle code in 'playmusic' sub to see whats the error and its that INIT_MUSIC isnt 'True'
>
> there some way to fix it?
>
> obs: I have **cs:de** with music/sound bug fix and its working ( the same midis and mp3 )
>
> keep the great work²

Oh you are running it from IDE right? You must run it from exe, becouse FMOD is crashing in IDE sometimes, so i disabled initializing of FMOD when running from IDE

> Oh you are running it from IDE right? You must run it from exe, becouse FMOD is crashing in IDE sometimes, so i disabled initializing of FMOD when running from IDE

yes,I was running in vb

its working on .exe file

thanks again man ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Great engine! ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

only one question- why is it that every time I try to place a recource, I get "subscript out of range" and the server crashes? I don't think that this has ever happened before on other engines, and I hope you can help me fix this.

-Dean