Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foliage

IceCream Tuesday

> Did you make that in some sort of 3D progam?

hah, noope.

> Seen that palette used before quite a bit. And I remember hearing a while ago that someone used to use a program to make trees like that, never looked into it though. Definately curious though.

Which? The bark?

Also I might of told you. I knew of a website which would generate trees under your input of branches and such.

> Looks great! I feel that balancing out the leaves will make a difference. Either by adding the left side to the bunch you have, or creating a bonzai effect on the tree. (Obviously depending on what kind of tree you want it to be.)

Thanks, Hrmm. I'll try adding more, as well as making other variations of leaves.

> Which? The bark?
>
> Also I might of told you. I knew of a website which would generate trees under your input of branches and such.

Oh, just realised it was you. Yeah, nevermind my comments about the palette and such then. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Also you should tell me about this website…

I have just two critiques; the perspective's not right and the leaves aren't shaded correctly.

It looks very flat. The perspective is at eye level instead of top-down.

The leaves are shaded as though the light source is being held very close and therefore concentrated on a small part at the top. Sunlight doesn't work that way as I'm sure you know. I'd either lower the intensity or disperse some more bright green - whatever fits best with the rest of your environment.

Other than that it's stylized very well. The new tree is definitely more natural. Looks great. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I think you just need an additional bright shade for the areas of the foliage with the most concentration of light, and a shade color that doesn't resemble the rest of the foliage colors but still blends in decently so you can make each bushel of foliage stand out from the other. I did a real quick edit, It's actually pretty crap because I just got off work and didn't feel like spending 2 hours on another persons tree, lol.

You should get the idea at least, if you think it looks even shittier overall than disregard it. This is just what I would do personally.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/3953f952f967bea622b3c5dbca5a4a33.png)

I just added a highlight closer to yellow and another dark shade which is purple. I hope this helps.

EDIT: Photobucket is being stupid, let me find another host…

EDIT EDIT: Fixed.

• 2 weeks later...