Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Mega

Ertzel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Death, I will change up the rendering bit a little to work more generally for EM and will add my new changes to that for the next version of EM.

as for Jontanator, I may add projectiles but don't wait on it. I may add two handed weapons soon as it would work good with the skills system to make things like Axes two handed.

God xD EM have now Quest system , but death didn't even add one to EA funny ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) whatever i still have the hope that one day Quest system will be released .

Ertzel wich new tutorial are you going to release next time? (from EM like minimap etc..)

> God xD EM have now Quest system , but death didn't even add one to EA funny ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) whatever i still have the hope that one day Quest system will be released .
>
> Ertzel wich new tutorial are you going to release next time? (from EM like minimap etc..)

I already released the tutorial for Minimaps. All features I added to EM so far I've released tutorials for.

I may release one for the combat system once the next EM is out, but not 100% sure as it's a little annoying to make a tutorial for that.

> ~~I downloaded the new version, but it didnt have the skill levels or the keybinds remapped?~~ Lol I didnt see that you havent released 1.8 yet, all I saw was the change log and downloaded 1.7 thinking it was 1.8 . xD cant wait for next release.

Version 1.0.8 is now out!

_**Download:**_ [http://www.mediafire.com/?zytlpdfrs1izidl](http://www.mediafire.com/?zytlpdfrs1izidl)

**1.0.7 -> 1.0.8**

**Change:** Changed the keyboard shortcuts for opening menu items

**Feature:** Added combat skill system with own level and exp for items and spells

**Feature:** Quest System (**Created:** by Alatar - **Added:** by Deathbeam)

**Cleaned:** FIxed up mini-map code by removing all of the Rect's that where useless

**Feature:** Added two-handed weapons

**Feature:** Added combat skill level/exp options to Character Editor

**Change:** Re-did layout of Character Editor

**Cleaned:** Added correct image for Options screen with Level display text

This morning I converted [Niall's pet system](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/116108-eo-lightnings-pet-system-completely-bug-free/page__hl__pokemon) to work with EM.

Preview:

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b0edbea284862a373b99176b205b37a5.png)

> Did you manage to find out why you could walk through events when not admin'd?. Also what are the controls for the windows.

Haven't fixed that one. As for the second question, you could of checked the source and found it easily, but here's the list:

B = Inventory

O = Spells

C = Character

Escape = Options

T = Target

P = Party

G = Guild

Q = Quests

K = Combat Skills

N = Pets (in the next version)

> Why Nialls Pet system? It is bugged alot. Do not include it. I have alot better Pet System in my PC with Pet Spells, Pet click2move movement and another great features, and that pet system is fast and stable.

Well if you can PM the source to me, I'll change it to that system.

Question for EM user's. Would you rather keep the current QuestLog system where it adds the quests to a list and you can click on that list holding the quest name to select options for the QuestLog.

Or would you rather me use the following system that prints out one quest name, status and last speech text to the QuestLog screen and then has arrows to go to the next, or last quest in your QuestLog. You can then still press the buttons at the bottom to select options.

The QuestLog for the second option looks like this:

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/67cca7df5198754799145c92930f8ea3.png)

This really cool

Even as a small suggestion you could add a toolbar with all the buttons but only the icons so that people do not feel so lost ie not everyone knows that the keys are used and that will not want to play …

One more small question, how do I change the names of the item in the combat system

Thank you!.

You can change the names of the combat types very easily, just go to DrawCombat in the client-source and look for Select Case c and change the name that goes with the case number of the type you want to change.

That is the only code that actually assign a name to the combat types.

As for the toolbar, I will not be adding that in. Making another menu bar would be completely pointless as I would just add the original back in if I where to add any kind of it.

If people want the menu, they can add it in themeless, its simple copy/paste from any version using it into EM.

Appears to be some duck-up with the spell system and adding spell requirements. I'll remove spell combat requirements from the actual spell system as you can just make the spell item you learn from have a combat requirement instead of both of them. This should fix the problem for the next version.

I fixed the spell error. As I said in my last post, I removed combat type/level requirements from the actual spells and you just set them from the item used to give the player the spell.

I also fixed the combat exp to give on each hit instead of each kill (earlier version used each kill and I forgot to update it in the downloaded one) It now also checks if the attack is a spell and if so, gives the exp to the type required to equip that spell instead of the weapon the player is holding. If the attack is not a spell then it gives the exp based on the weapon's type. (Spell exp was never being given out before because it only based it off the weapon the player was holding)

Do you have vb6 to run it through and find out what exactly is giving you the error because just saying its rt9 doesn't really help me bug-fix it at all. Try re-creating the quest because I think the one I shipped the last version with had a problem. Or delete all accounts and re-create your character and try.