• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ adisorn

Search for this line of code:

' render player shadow

and underneath comment out this line of code:

RenderTexture Tex_Shadow, ConvertMapX(X), ConvertMapY(Y + 18), 0, 0, 32, 32, 32, 32, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, 200)

That will stop the shadow being rendered underneath the player.

Hope this helps.

> @ adisorn
>
> Search for this line of code:
>
> ' render player shadow
>
> and underneath comment out this line of code:
>
> RenderTexture Tex_Shadow, ConvertMapX(X), ConvertMapY(Y + 18), 0, 0, 32, 32, 32, 32, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, 200)
>
> That will stop the shadow being rendered underneath the player.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for helpful reply ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Edit: Oh!It seem to be working but It didn't work for me ;( .Ok,I found a render player shadow and RenderTexture line but it has another 2 line in same code and I also comment out them too but it didn't work.

> Just curious why is K the key used to open the skill window and not the S key? All of the other keys make sense but K for skills just seems odd to me. Not a big deal or anything just curious.

Since the engine has WASD movement in, the S key is used for moving down so it would be very weird to have it also opening a window.

As for adisom, that is not an engine specific question. Please make a topic in the Questions and Answers board for things like that.

Ya, I like those better. I based mine off of a mmorpg I've played on/off for 8 years but I guess it's not the "standard" setup. I rlly don't play any other games online so didn't know. I changed the keyboard keys to Sinnix's suggestion for the next release.

Also a little update. I finished the Combat Skills system today. You can now select a skill type and level requirement for weapons and spells in the item editor, you can also select a skill type and level requirement for casting spells in the spell editor (as I have spell types in the combat system).

I then added all the checks for equipping weapons or casting spells to make sure you fit the requirement if one is setup. I also added checks to the combat system so if you are using a Polearm weapon you can attack from 2 spaces away and if your using any other weapon it's still one space.

I finished up the leveling system for skills and experience system. Skill levels are currently based off the same formal as overall levels, you can change that to fit your own game as you wish. The difference is, skill exp is awarded on each hit and not just on the kill. The exp giving out on each hit is the NPC's final exp / 4 (Again, you can switch this based on your own game)

Below is a screenshot of the combat window ingame showing current level, exp and exp to next level for the first 4 skills.

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/3cbfc9362585485b2bfdcd60fbe71571.png)

I haven't worked on the quest system for awhile. It was giving me some annoying bugs so I completely removed it from the current build of EM. I still have a backed-up version of EM with the system in it that I'll continue to work on until I get it fixed. You may be waiting a long time though because currently I'm focusing on other things and putting the quest system on hold for a while.

Right now I'm working on changing data types of some things in the engine away from Long's. So many things are using Long's that could be using bytes as they will never go above 255\. It seems like people just naturally use a Long for a data type overtime instead of using the smallest type needed for the task. I'm slowly working on replacing some of those to fit what they actually require.

> I haven't worked on the quest system for awhile. It was giving me some annoying bugs so I completely removed it from the current build of EM. I still have a backed-up version of EM with the system in it that I'll continue to work on until I get it fixed. You may be waiting a long time though because currently I'm focusing on other things and putting the quest system on hold for a while.
>
> Right now I'm working on changing data types of some things in the engine away from Long's. So many things are using Long's that could be using bytes as they will never go above 255\. It seems like people just naturally use a Long for a data type overtime instead of using the smallest type needed for the task. I'm slowly working on replacing some of those to fit what they actually require.

Oh :/ that's sad , but ok i'm going to try other thing

Nice for the optimisation about longs etc.. good luck !

> Ertzel i just spend the last few days getting rid of longs also lol I found instances where I could replace a long with a boolean! glad to see ya doin some optimization.

Ya, I noticed a good amount of those also and was like wtf… Things called like InTrade or isWhatever and are set as longs.... I'll replace all of that shit so it actually makes sense with general naming conventions and plain logic....

For starters, your grammar was ducking epic on that post Death… I did have it all put in and converted to work with dx8 (kind of, the quest window when u get a quest that click on to accept or semi was kind of buggy) but I kept getting errors whenever you changed maps after getting a quest on some line to do with taking inventory items. I just gave up and ripped it out....

**[EDIT]**

Today I also added Player Spawn attributes to EM. You can set a spawn attribute anywhere in your game and as many as you want. When a player dies it will then check if the map has a custom Boot Map/X/Y setup and if not it will warp the player to their latest set spawn point. This way players can setup where they want to spawn instead of always going back to the starting spawn or you needing to set Boot Map properties for every map.

I only have a few things started on the next EM to do with some combat updates and other little bug-fixes/changes.

If you can add a working quest system with GUI into the latest EM and send it to me, I'll be able to port it over to the newest EM or add the new EM changes to it. It would help a lot if your willing to do it Death.

Also a little update. I removed the Type variable from the CombatRec as I released since I have each combat numbered and the number is what is used to decide the type, I noticed I never actually check for type or use the type var in the code since I always base it off the Combat number.

> I only have a few things started on the next EM to do with some combat updates and other little bug-fixes/changes.
>
> If you can add a working quest system with GUI into the latest EM and send it to me, I'll be able to port it over to the newest EM or add the new EM changes to it. It would help a lot if your willing to do it Death.
>
> Also a little update. I removed the Type variable from the CombatRec as I released since I have each combat numbered and the number is what is used to decide the type, I noticed I never actually check for type or use the type var in the code since I always base it off the Combat number.

Ok i will do it today

**EDIT:**

Yea quest system works flawlessly xD I am glad that i finished that implementing finnaly what i promised to Ertz xD Drawing still need some improvements becouse i ripped it directly from Prospekt, but it is enought for now, and must let Ertz to do some job too ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Btw i fixed TryCreateDirectX function, what was displaying grey screen before to me (and to Abhi too). And removed StartFlash as Long from server, becouse it wasn´t needed.

So this is **unfinished** (but ready for use, need some minor tweaks) and i am posting this only for Ertzel: http://www.mediafire.com/?85usv12yv4298a7