Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My mega huge rant on "Custom Versions"

lel

> So now i am trying to understand shit what are you writing. First you are saying that people do not need engine with garbage like quest system, chatbubbles, projectiles to EA, and they you are saying that Rob is doing great job with his engine with QUEST SYSTEM, CHATBUBBLES, PROJECTILES, GUILDS etc? Are you ducking crazy or you are just hating ME and saying totally bullshits?
>
> And i think EA should be optional version to use, i started working on ER and i am getting incredibly good results compared to EA, EO 3.0 and other CV.

The difference is that the code used in my version is completely unique, it has one author and is all built to work together seamlessly. It's hard to ensure effectiveness with tutorials thrown together. I've also greatly modified rendering processes without the use of timers, that's the difference I can think of, I can't think of anything else…

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> The difference is that the code used in my version is completely unique, it has one author and is all built to work together seamlessly. It's hard to ensure effectiveness with tutorials thrown together. I've also greatly modified rendering processes without the use of timers, that's the difference I can think of, I can't think of anything else…

Yea, but thats still gving no sense to me, becouse he said that he do not wanna engine with Quest system etc, when they said something about EA, and then in next post he say that your engine is great. Isn´t it liez? And i used 1 tut in EA - new map report, otherwise i coded everything by myself (except particle system, where i taken Particle class from vbGore, but other things for it i coded by myself too)

What Rob is doing is actually worthwhile for an "engine" and not a pre-made game which is why I totally support him.

You on the otherhand are starting to piss me off. My DX8 wasn't released so that people could make a game from just that (though I'm sure some of the more advanced users could) and yes, it is _based_ off CS:DE, it runs faster and more efficiently. Plus, it's easier to understand. Newbs are getting turned off because they see a clusterfuck of poorly documented code - they have no idea what to do and no one is trying to help them learn.

Let me be perfectly clear with you: I have not used CS:DE or EO or any other Eclipse engine since 2011, I can't remember what the hell was in them, I had a base I worked on in Crawle and I went and added things to it like zooming which I never had before.

Finally you should just give up on creating these stupid custom versions. You have no idea what it means to optimise and the only parts you've done right you've probably stolen from Iris' engine. Look at your own changelogs: "moved something from one module to another, did a really small fix, added another useless feature". You're doing the same thing again. I seriously hope you go actually read up on what you're talking about because have no idea whatsoever what "optimisation" means or even how to do it. You're just wasting your time and everyone else's time with what your promising to be an "amazingly fast" pre-made game.

> What Rob is doing is actually worthwhile for an "engine" and not a pre-made game which is why I totally support him.
>
> You on the otherhand are starting to piss me off. My DX8 wasn't released so that people could make a game from just that (though I'm sure some of the more advanced users could) and yes, it is _based_ off CS:DE, it runs faster and more efficiently. Plus, it's easier to understand. Newbs are getting turned off because they see a clusterfuck of poorly documented code - they have no idea what to do and no one is trying to help them learn.
>
> Let me be perfectly clear with you: I have not used CS:DE or EO or any other Eclipse engine since 2011, I can't remember what the hell was in them, I had a base I worked on in Crawle and I went and added things to it like zooming which I never had before.
>
> Finally you should just give up on creating these stupid custom versions. You have no idea what it means to optimise and the only parts you've done right you've probably stolen from Iris' engine. Look at your own changelogs: "moved something from one module to another, did a really small fix, added another useless feature". You're doing the same thing again. I seriously hope you go actually read up on what you're talking about because have no idea whatsoever what "optimisation" means or even how to do it. You're just wasting your time and everyone else's time with what your promising to be an "amazingly fast" pre-made game.

Ok first. Are you ducking kidding me? My CVs are not something what can be rated as pre-made game. But Rob´s is. It have almost all features what is in all ORPGs. But if any1 wanna make unique game, then he/she will spent more time removing features than adding them. So are u drunk or what. Becouse i think your mind is totally switched (idk how can i clearly say it becouse my native is not English). And for that changelogs in ER, i am documenting every change what i made. For that is changelogs, isn´t them? I am writing changelog when i am changing source, so i have all changes documented there. If you think it is wrong, then i must say than you do not know what word "CHANGE" and "LOG" means. And only thing what i used from Eclopti is MipMaps disabling, so stop ducking me about stealing from other´s engines.

> Ok first. Are you ducking kidding me? My CVs are not something what can be rated as pre-made game. But Rob´s is. It have almost all features what is in all ORPGs. But if any1 wanna make unique game, then he/she will spent more time removing features than adding them. So are u drunk or what. Becouse i think your mind is totally switched (idk how can i clearly say it becouse my native is not English). And for that changelogs in ER, i am documenting every change what i made. For that is changelogs, isn´t them? I am writing changelog when i am changing source, so i have all changes documented there. If you think it is wrong, then i must say than you do not know what word "CHANGE" and "LOG" means. And only thing what i used from Eclopti is MipMaps disabling, so stop ducking me about stealing from other´s engines.

nonsense up here!

> But if any1 wanna make unique game, then he/she will spent more time removing features than adding them

you pretty much just called your CVs shit…

> For that is changelogs, isn´t them? I am writing changelog when i am changing source, so i have all changes documented there. If you think it is wrong, then i must say than you do not know what word "CHANGE" and "LOG" means. And only thing what i used from Eclopti is MipMaps disabling, so stop ducking me about stealing from other´s engines.

Sir you either made no sense at all or made no sense at all…first of all, what does changelog have to do with this topic? second of all, you must not know the words "STFU" and "before you get a crapload of devs shoving arguements down ur throat"...THIRD of all, take back the part where you said you never stole from any engines ._.' you stole the particles editor and shit and blatantly lied and said you made it...then when everyone finds out where it actually came from, you try covering it! also you have stolen from other engines because you took the CS:DE rendering situation, took parts of Eclopti, and still tried saying you made them on your own!

> …

You're acting as if I slaughtered your entire family or something. What I was saying is that your supposed "optimisations" aren't actually optimisations and there's no need in documenting all the stupid minor things. It's like me writing a whole page on a Developer Suite that I've just implemented that the players won't even get to use.

> Hehe.
>
> Anyway, I've had enough of you claiming my work as your own. I'm collating my proof, and PMing Marshy Dearest.

Haha why do not write it with normal size?

> nonsense up here!
>
> you pretty much just called your CVs shit…
>
> Sir you either made no sense at all or made no sense at all...first of all, what does changelog have to do with this topic? second of all, you must not know the words "STFU" and "before you get a crapload of devs shoving arguements down ur throat"...THIRD of all, take back the part where you said you never stole from any engines ._.' you stole the particles editor and shit and blatantly lied and said you made it...then when everyone finds out where it actually came from, you try covering it! also you have stolen from other engines because you took the CS:DE rendering situation, took parts of Eclopti, and still tried saying you made them on your own!

I talked about ER moron, learn to read. And if you can succesfully rip particles from vbGore and use them correctly, then say something, becouse i think you can´t do it. And again learn to read, i said X times that i used particle class from vbGore, and in EA thread there is already given credits to Spodi. And again, another moron who said i was stealing from Eclopti. Die in a hole. I can prove that i do not done that. I already showed post date to Iris/Lenn/exception or to what name he will change, but that moron just can trust dates, becouse some people are just stupid kids. Try to make something usefull too, or shut up.

woah i can report you for such a harsh language :3

and you saying that kids are stupid…hm...rings a bell about someone...oh wait your a kid too!!! omg you just called yourself stupid as well :3

and there you go trying to cover it up on not stealing anything, if you would have maybe changed the names of all the things you stole, we would have probably bought it but you had to just straight up rip the shit out, post it hoping no one would notice then you stole the particles engine hoping no one would notice, but everyone noticed that you stole it, we said something, then you try to cover it up with "yea maybe i should"... not a good cover up in my opinion ;]

Not only is the code in question _identical_, it also has the _exact_ same comments and commented out debug messages that I used, with coherent English, proper spelling, and grammar. You didn't even remove that. Given your broken English, I _highly_ doubt that is a coincidence.

**The submitted code in question also has an earlier publishing date than your engine, something that even you can't attempt to debunk.**

Anyway, I'm **not** discussing the matter publicly, like I said, I'm taking the matter to Marshy Dearest.

> woah i can report you for such a harsh language :3
>
> and you saying that kids are stupid…hm...rings a bell about someone...oh wait your a kid too!!! omg you just called yourself stupid as well :3
>
> and there you go trying to cover it up on not stealing anything, if you would have maybe changed the names of all the things you stole, we would have probably bought it but you had to just straight up rip the shit out, post it hoping no one would notice then you stole the particles engine hoping no one would notice, but everyone noticed that you stole it, we said something, then you try to cover it up with "yea maybe i should"... not a good cover up in my opinion ;]

Report me if you want, if you think that you can hurt me with that. I do not bother about what people think about me. I am not type of people who wanna have good reputation with type of people like you.

> Not only is the code in question _identical_, it also has the _exact_ same comments and commented out debug messages that I used, with coherent English, proper spelling, and grammar. You didn't even remove that. Given your broken English, I _highly_ doubt that is a coincidence.
>
> **The submitted code in question also has an earlier publishing date than your engine, something that even you can't attempt to debunk.**
>
> Anyway, I'm **not** discussing the matter publicly, like I said, I'm taking the matter to Marshy Dearest.

Look into EA history. I added /debug info from Eclopti, but i added entire loading/unloading when needed at 7th septmber or what was that date, and YOU only had loading tilesets when needed there, was was handled totally differently. And as i said above, i do not bother about what people think about me. Talk or do not talk to Marshy Dearest, do what do you want, but stop talking to ME. And if you are talking about my English, try to speak something in Slovak language, becouse English is not my native, and some English born ****, what never bothered to learn and speak and write in other languages just can´t accept it.

> Report me if you want, if you think that you can hurt me with that. I do not bother about what people think about me. I am not type of people who wanna have good reputation with type of people like you.

**Awesome ppl**

me, Iris, Aaron, Magical Magical Magical Magical Magical Aeroplane, Marshy, Robin, Jeff, Jc, pie, Richy, Ertzel, ICT, oreo, DTK, Gwen, Soc, Joyce, General General General Pony, Jungle, DrSean, Stein, and Duke?

**not awesome ppl**

Deathbeam(:forever alone:)

> you dun wanna have a good reputation with an awesome person like me, Iris, Aaron, Magical Magical Magical Aeroplane, Marshy, Robin, Jeff, Jc, pie, Richy, Ertzel, and Duke?

Really don't think my name should be included in that list, but whatever I'm not going to complain ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) lol

Omg. Ok this is my last post, becouse i must end this. @Growl with "people like you" i mean people what can hardly understand anything, and not good programmers, and you can´t include yourself to list of good programmers. And do not reply to this with some rage , becouse i do not really want to post anymore here, becouse it turned into flame war.

> …becouse i must end this...

There's a simple way to end this: Stop claiming my work, and apologise to me for doing so, acknowledge that Sekaru is right, and generally get along with Zero.

> …i mean people what can hardly understand anything, and not good programmers, and you can´t include yourself to list of good programmers...

![](http://reactionary.glaciate.net/images/hosted/i.gif)