Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 8 Review

XerShade

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there will be changes, but when you throw a load of MS consumers into a confusion of whether or not certain things work and the idea of making the number one thing MS has centered everything around - the Desktop, just another application on the screen, it's not for everyone anymore.

I don't even know what that argument is about. People who buy into Windows 8 will support it because they don't want to feel like they got cheesed out of $40 to $70 or they generally like it. I'm going to skip Windows 8 altogether. I have this weird gut feeling that it's exactly like Vista; I went straight from XP to Win7 after refusing to buy into Vista after having to deal with it on my wife's machine. When Windows 9 becomes available I'm sure I'll have a need to upgrade, and until then I'll stick to Windows 7.

> I don't even know what that argument is about. People who buy into Windows 8 will support it because they don't want to feel like they got cheesed out of $40 to $70 or they generally like it. I'm going to skip Windows 8 altogether. I have this weird gut feeling that it's exactly like Vista; I went straight from XP to Win7 after refusing to buy into Vista after having to deal with it on my wife's machine. When Windows 9 becomes available I'm sure I'll have a need to upgrade, and until then I'll stick to Windows 7.

This.

Question, does this mean 7 will be cheaper? Because Vista BLOOOOWS… I've had it for years and I'm just about done with it. I'm gonna go to XP if I have to. There's no way I'm spending over 100 dollars for 7 though I could get mah self a new laptop for much more. But then I would have Vista again? So that doesn't make any sense...

I just hate Metro, i will never never never stay with Win 8 until they remove Metro. It just epicly sucks. Why i should have interface what is designed for tablets, when i have DUCKING PC. If i wanna tablet, then i should buy some chinese shit for 80 USD and then i can enjoy Metro on it. Duck Microsoft. I think i will switch to Linux.

> Question, does this mean 7 will be cheaper? Because Vista BLOOOOWS… I've had it for years and I'm just about done with it. I'm gonna go to XP if I have to. There's no way I'm spending over 100 dollars for 7 though I could get mah self a new laptop for much more. But then I would have Vista again? So that doesn't make any sense...

In like a year or two yeah xD.

> I just hate Metro, i will never never never stay with Win 8 until they remove Metro. It just epicly sucks. Why i should have interface what is designed for tablets, when i have DUCKING PC. If i wanna tablet, then i should buy some chinese shit for 80 USD and then i can enjoy Metro on it. Duck Microsoft. I think i will switch to Linux.

I can already tell you haven't used Metro. Metro isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I got used to it pretty quickly and its extremely useful for Desktop work. And trust me, someone like you won't be able to survive on Linux.

> In like a year or two yeah xD.
>
> I can already tell you haven't used Metro. Metro isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I got used to it pretty quickly and its extremely useful for Desktop work. And trust me, someone like you won't be able to survive on Linux.

Like me? Omg…. I had linux for long time on my PC.... You do not know anything about me.... So what do you mean with words "someone like you" ?

> Like me? Omg…. I had linux for long time on my PC.... You do not know anything about me.... So what do you mean with words "someone like you" ?

I know you're an idiot from experience. Especially when you base your opinions on what reviewers have said in the past. Your argument is based on an assumption, good job.

> First of all, why the heck are you using a TABLET interface on a PC Microsoft?

I think its cause of touch screen monitors. A lot of computers now have touch screens and a lot of ppl buy computers for entertainment/media.

I dont like it either but since touch screen are becoming less costly, i think most monitors will eventually be touch screen and then the tablet menu will make sense.

> wut.
>
> Doesn't make a single sense at all.
>
> Everything happens for a reason. :3

Yes, let's be as inefficient and redundant as possible.

Windows 8 Guy: "Oh look, guys! I have a touch screen monitor!"

Me: So what? My mouse does the same thing.

Windows 8 Guy: "But I don't have to use the mouse!"

Me: Okay? You still have to remove one hand from the keyboard.

Windows 8 Guy: -Ensue denial with internal screaming, "=("-

> Windows 8 Guy: "Oh look, guys! I have a touch screen monitor!"
>
> Me: So what? My mouse does the same thing.
>
> Windows 8 Guy: "But I don't have to use the mouse!"
>
> Me: Okay? You still have to remove one hand from the keyboard.
>
> Windows 8 Guy: -Ensue denial with internal screaming, "=("-

Haha. xD

> I was hoping Windows 8 would be more of this:
>
> [attachment=277:windows8console.png]
>
> But apparently I can't have what I want… ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magical Aeroplane

What do you mean?