Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can we improve the community?

azkanan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> It's not the intelligent side, it's the picking, somewhat-insulting side directed at the moderation team.
>
> They do a fine job, they very rarely get a break here, and all members ever do is female dog at them.

I'm nice to every moderator who doesn't play favorites.

First i think the way "WE" can improve the cummunity is by helping people and getting rewarded for it

im not talking about posting a douchbag comment and getting points for it…

im talking about actualy helping sum1 with a real problem not just telling them to learn vb6 and blam u get 1000pts

THE ONLY WAY "WE" can actualy improve the engine is by telling/forcing the "HEAD DEVS" to give us there ambardia engine

and stop milking user's for donations wile us user's hope to make a game off 1/4th of an engine

its that simple... rewards for help and stop paying the people that are holding us back....

where the duck is this mmorpg engine i keep hearing about because its not the damn version i downloaded ill tell u that

and ive downloaded them all

its just a bunch of super simple nintendo games with a multiplayer function

the "HEAD DEVS" here lie and say come on in!!!!!! u can make an mmo without programming

mean wile they take our funds and keep making there own engine and not releasing it

where the hell is my isometrics

I'd like there to be a page with all the released versions of eclipse (even customs) that have been openly released on the forums.

Then for there to be a rating system for each one of those, with star ratings for functionality, features, stability, code quality, etc.

To make it easier to find a darn engine that isn't VB6 and isn't full of bugs.

> I'd like there to be a page with all the released versions of eclipse (even customs) that have been openly released on the forums.
>
> Then for there to be a rating system for each one of those, with star ratings for functionality, features, stability, code quality, etc.
>
> To make it easier to find a darn engine that isn't VB6 and isn't full of bugs.

if "they" would release the ambardia engine u wouldn't have that problem

but insted its locked away in a vault that no one that hasnt donated 100s to eclipse can access

even then they just milk you for trickles… its a racket

> First i think the way "WE" can improve the cummunity is by helping people and getting rewarded for it
>
> im not talking about posting a douchbag comment and getting points for it…
>
> im talking about actualy helping sum1 with a real problem not just telling them to learn vb6 and blam u get 1000pts
>
> THE ONLY WAY "WE" can actualy improve the engine is by telling/forcing the "HEAD DEVS" to give us there ambardia engine
>
> and stop milking user's for donations wile us user's hope to make a game off 1/4th of an engine
>
> its that simple... rewards for help and stop paying the people that are holding us back....
>
> where the duck is this mmorpg engine i keep hearing about because its not the damn version i downloaded ill tell u that
>
> and ive downloaded them all
>
> its just a bunch of super simple nintendo games with a multiplayer function
>
> the "HEAD DEVS" here lie and say come on in!!!!!! u can make an mmo without programming
>
> mean wile they take our funds and keep making there own engine and not releasing it
>
> where the hell is my isometrics

I apologize that the developers were not able to create the engine you envisioned. I was one of the lucky few who, shortly after joining Eclipse, found out that making a game is harder than it looks. I was grateful for the incredibly user-friendly ORPG base engine that was Eclipse Origins 1.1 to 2.0\. Not long after fooling around with the engine, I got into programming. And now, I'm just that closer to being able to make my own engine at my own pace, the way I want it to be.

If you thought that you could make a proper MMO without programming, you're mistaken. If you're complaining about the lack of features in Eclipse Origins, the engine you're glorifying will be a base engine with similar features as Eclipse Origins. The only option you have left is to put some real work into it, download VB6, and add some tutorials.

I find it completely arrogant that you feel that this community owes you something. This community has tutorials and users who can provide answers to the questions you have. I for one doubt that you have put in a single cent for an engine. I myself, having sold an engine, can tell you that it took me about half a year to create the features and debug so that it was ready to use. It was hard work, and I didn't intend to give it out for free.

We're not forcing you to stay here. If you aren't satisfied with what we have to offer, you are more than welcome to leave.

> I'd like there to be a page with all the released versions of eclipse (even customs) that have been openly released on the forums.
>
> Then for there to be a rating system for each one of those, with star ratings for functionality, features, stability, code quality, etc.
>
> To make it easier to find a darn engine that isn't VB6 and isn't full of bugs.

[http://www.touchofde…post__p__878042](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/131648-picking-the-right-engine/page__view__findpost__p__878042)

Edit: I apologize for the double post. This was intended to be an edit, and I assumed the quote would be taken to the "edit" editor. Oblivious that I was in the "Reply to this topic" editor, I hit reply thinking it was "save changes".

> I apologize that the developers were not able to create the engine you envisioned. I was one of the lucky few who, shortly after joining Eclipse, found out that making a game is harder than it looks. I was grateful for the incredibly user-friendly ORPG base engine that was Eclipse Origins 1.1 to 2.0\. Not long after fooling around with the engine, I got into programming. And now, I'm just that closer to being able to make my own engine at my own pace, the way I want it to be.
>
> If you thought that you could make a proper MMO without programming, you're mistaken. If you're complaining about the lack of features in Eclipse Origins, the engine you're glorifying will be a base engine with similar features as Eclipse Origins. The only option you have left is to put some real work into it, download VB6, and add some tutorials.
>
> I find it completely arrogant that you feel that this community owes you something. This community has tutorials and users who can provide answers to the questions you have. I for one doubt that you have put in a single cent for an engine. I myself, having sold an engine, can tell you that it took me about half a year to create the features and debug so that it was ready to use. It was hard work, and I didn't intend to give it out for free.
>
> We're not forcing you to stay here. If you aren't satisfied with what we have to offer, you are more than welcome to leave.

woa woa did u even read my post ???????

im saying that its a racket

"THEY" ADVERTISE

= come here and get a free mmorpg engine

=you come to the site

=eventualy u download engines

=now you find out you need features that cost money

=they say donate and we will add features

=you give money

=they dont do poop because they have already added those features in 1992 to an engine on an sd card in a desk that you paid for

=they take the money and put it into "THEIR" engine

=your a dumbass who just paid sum1 to rip u off

= your ten steps farther from creating your mmo

= who ever is doing the advertising for this site should get sued

so simmer down im trying to help

> woa woa did u even read my post ???????
>
> im saying that its a racket
>
> "THEY" ADVERTISE
>
> = come here and get a free mmorpg engine
>
> =you come to the site
>
> =eventualy u download engines
>
> =now you find out you need features that cost money
>
> =they say donate and we will add features
>
> =you give money
>
> =they dont do poop because they have already added those features in 1992 to an engine on an sd card in a desk that you paid for
>
> =they take the money and put it into "THEIR" engine
>
> =your a dumbass who just paid sum1 to rip u off
>
> = your ten steps farther from creating your mmo
>
> = who ever is doing the advertising for this site should get sued
>
> so simmer down im trying to help

Oh my god reading this post made me start crying tears of laughter. My sides hurt.

It also made me strain my eyes to the point where I am now seeing everything in improper grammar. No, wait. I am seeing everything with no grammar.

Whatever your personal vendetta is with Ambardia's Engine, it is not needed here. Please stop. They are NOT developers of the Eclipse Engine. They are programmers for a video game. If you learned to program you could be just like them.

The name calling is not needed.

Thanks,

EBrown

> woa woa did u even read my post ???????
>
> im saying that its a racket
>
> "THEY" ADVERTISE
>
> = come here and get a free mmorpg engine
>
> =you come to the site
>
> =eventualy u download engines
>
> =now you find out you need features that cost money
>
> =they say donate and we will add features
>
> =you give money
>
> =they dont do poop because they have already added those features in 1992 to an engine on an sd card in a desk that you paid for
>
> =they take the money and put it into "THEIR" engine
>
> =your a dumbass who just paid sum1 to rip u off
>
> = you ten steps father from creating your mmo
>
> = who ever is doing the advertising for this site should get sued
>
> so simmer down im trying to help

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/771c1f2e290a53f33c50958b354c5306.jpg)

They don't lie if they say you can get a free MMORPG engine here.

You don't need to pay to add features to your engine; Its open source, and if you have VB6, you are free to add in your own features, or add one using the tutorials. We are not obligated to do work for you for free.

I didn't buy an engine, I sold one. I didn't get ripped off, and neither did my customer. I provided the features he wanted for a reasonable price, and offered, should they exist, to fix any bugs that he found as long as he didn't mess with the code.

> and mathew stop crying like i said u ripped sum1 off…..
>
> it sounds like u gave him a good deal....
>
> what im saying is that this site is false advertising to get funds for a seperate project and intentionaly not releasing it to us...

![](http://cdn.niketalk.com/3/35/350x700px-LL-35e154bd_1301032929983.jpeg)

>
>
> what im saying is that this site is false advertising to get funds for a seperate project and intentionaly not releasing it to us...

Matthew is not crying. I think you might be, however.

Let me clear something up for you:

This site is nothing of the sort.

Eclipse is a website built to allowing game developers to come in and enjoy each other's company while creating video games as a hobby. We provide a game engine simply as a service so that the community has the tools necessary to attempt to succeed. How a game developer accomplishes that success is entirely up to them. Some game developers prefer obtaining success by gathering a team, programming the engine we provide and then further developing that engine for their own use. How they accomplish that goal is entirely up to them. They may accept donations in order to further the development of their version of the engine and keep it from the Eclipse Community if they desire, and that is their right.

As a member of Eclipse, you have a right to have the knowledge that your donations to the site go directly to Marsh and allow for the payment of any bills that the website may encounter. This does NOT cover development of the engine, as it is a free service offered to our members, and is not in fact related to the Eclipse Community itself. Any donations made outside of the Eclipse Community do not have any effect on the Eclipse Community. As a member, if you donate to a game developer from Eclipse, you are not donating to have the Eclipse Engine further developed, and as such you are not subject to the terms of the Eclipse Donation perks, and instead are subject to the perks of game developer you donate to, regardless of what those perks may be. You are bound by their terms and not Eclipse's terms at that point.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions you may have about donating to Eclipse or other projects.

Thanks,

Elliott Brown (EBrown)

>
>

![](http://cdn.niketalk.com/3/35/350x700px-LL-35e154bd_1301032929983.jpeg)