Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miracle Classic v1.1.3

tslusny

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/02bea575383260c52a9ae2f68793aa3e.png)

NEW VERSION (v1.0.6)

**Changes:**

================================

Miracle Classic v1.0.5 -> v1.0.6

• Added Map Animations

• Fixed outgoind packets window in client

• Fixed switched walk/run speeds

• Removed nLng variable, becouse it wasn´t used anywhere

• Added memory-leak free text drawing

• Removed loading of Surfaces To Video/System Memory Based on GFX Card. Game was faster at all, but for some reason FPS was dropped (this do not makes any sense…).

• Fixed an issue causing the client to not be able to use over 92 message handlers.

• Addded Server.bat (server restarter)

• Updated the sound engine to use a modified FMOD from Eclipse Dawn

• Sounds now take the following file formats: *.ogg, *.wav, *.mp3 and *.wma. Any other file format will be loaded into the game but will simply be ignored when played.

• Music now supports the following file formats: *.mid, *mod, *.s3m, *.ogg, *.wav, *.mp3 and *.wma. Any other file format will be loaded into the client but will simply be ignored when played.

Open client search

```

frmMenu.lstChars.AddItem Trim$(CharData(i).Name) & " a level " & CharData(i).Level & " " & Trim$(Class(CharData(i).Class).Name)

End If

Next

```

below add

```
frmMenu.lstChars.ListIndex = 0
```

This is fix to character menu bug

Next fix

Open server search

```
Function GetPlayerMap(ByVal Index As Long) As Long
```

below add

```

If TempPlayer(Index).CurChar <= 0 Then Exit Function

```

> I found bug
>
> 2 player trade , logout and debug
>
> Subscript out of range
>
> **GetPlayerMap = Player(Index).Char(TempPlayer(Index).CurChar).Map**

I think there is problem with .CurChar = 0, i must add checks for it everywhere.

> Can the scripting make quests?

No, it is not integrated that deeply. But you can make scripted NPCs, Items, Tiles and Spells. So maybe (just maybe) it is possible.

But you can make quests with Event System too.

Before I get started I would like to say, This is probably one of the fastest engines I have ever seen. It really is impressive as far as speed goes. At first I messed with this and thought “ Geez this guy really made a solid engine here.” After I found one thing I started finding more one after another smoothly.

1. Is it even possible to move the client window once gameplay has started?

2. A. Go to the event editor B. Highlight an Event under the “Event List” C. Highlight an action you have made. D. Under “Commands” select “Edit” E. Now under “Commands” select “Remove” Your client should crash.

3. On the character select screen (after you log in) if you do not highlight a character and hit “Use Char” the client freezes and stays on “Connected , sending character data”

4. Make a Heal Attribute, set it to heal 1000 health. Your server should then crash After you try to use it. I was an Admin when I did this and had a lvl 1 warrior. I wonder how many other engine this would happen on, I have never even tried this on mine o.O

I had found other things with your engine as well, perhaps I could look further into your engine for you sometime. We’ll see. =)

I would like to recommend you explain the compressing system and how to use the graphics a little better. Perhaps a how to get started all together guide for some of our more "challenged" members. Good luck.

Death thanks for your hard work on the engine.

> Before I get started I would like to say, This is probably one of the fastest engines I have ever seen. It really is impressive as far as speed goes. At first I messed with this and thought “ Geez this guy really made a solid engine here.” After I found one thing I started finding more one after another smoothly.
>
> 1. Is it even possible to move the client window once gameplay has started?
>
>
> 2. A. Go to the event editor B. Highlight an Event under the “Event List” C. Highlight an action you have made. D. Under “Commands” select “Edit” E. Now under “Commands” select “Remove” Your client should crash.
>
>
>
>
> 3. On the character select screen (after you log in) if you do not highlight a character and hit “Use Char” the client freezes and stays on “Connected , sending character data”
>
>
>
>
> 4. Make a Heal Attribute, set it to heal 1000 health. Your server should then crash After you try to use it. I was an Admin when I did this and had a lvl 1 warrior. I wonder how many other engine this would happen on, I have never even tried this on mine o.O
>
> I had found other things with your engine as well, perhaps I could look further into your engine for you sometime. We’ll see. =)
>
> I would like to recommend you explain the compressing system and how to use the graphics a little better. Perhaps a how to get started all together guide for some of our more "challenged" members. Good luck.
>
> Death thanks for your hard work on the engine.

1\. Not yet, but it is easy2do, but i think it is only minor thing, so it isn´t almost at bottom of my todo list (i can do it in like 2mins, but… I am lazy ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) )

2\. In next update i will replace my Event System with JC´s one tweaked a bit. In next patches after upcoming one i will continue optimizing JC´s event system.

3\. I fixed this in upcoming update ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

4\. I tested this, and nothing happened to me. But i think it is maybe becouse of missing CurChar checks in source.

> This is probably one of the fastest engines I have ever seen. It really is impressive as far as speed goes. At first I messed with this and thought “ Geez this guy really made a solid engine here.”

Is this the only engine you've used?

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/02bea575383260c52a9ae2f68793aa3e.png)

NEW VERSION (v1.1.0)

Miracle Classic v1.0.6 -> v1.1.0

• Added JC Denton Denton´s Event system with many bugfixes and optimizaions

• Integrated SadScript into Event system

• Optimized many For statements (ex. For i = x to y, next i and not just next)

• Fixed lstChars populating

• Added many If TempPlayer(Index).CurChar = 0 Then Exit Sub/Function checks

> Is this the only engine you've used?

Oh yes ! This is the very first! Why yes sir! I'm so happy and giddy about it too!

> I'm not going to go into detail into it because I'm too lazy to help people around here**,** but I'm basically done with this community (except where I want to throw negative criticism around.)
>
> Despite this coincidence I do feel that I've done all I can to EO ( lol no…). My sorry excuse for why. Come see my forum, because unless I did this, you never would have looked at it.
>
> Goodbye!

Why hello again! Hey! You know?…... For someone that says their done with this community, you sure do have a lot of negative criticism to share. I see that Deathbeam respects you, that doesn't mean you can go and bash on his work.

I just have a problem with your (heavily) implied statement that his engine is the slowest. At least, if you're going to be so negative, state why you think his engine is so slow. Don't get me wrong. I see Death throwing negative criticism too! All over the place! At least I see him state "why" ( from what I seen of course, I don't go around searching all his posts)

Oh I forgot, you're done with this community. Why am I replying to you?

> Thanx for update , i have one question why u remove your event system?

I thought it was neat, you tried to make your own, and make it faster. Definitely different. I'd probably spend all day talking about how great JC Denton's work is ( so it should go without saying, I'd prefer his event system over yours.) But I wouldn't mind knowing why either.

> snip

I got a lot of friends who usually end up linking me to the silly stuff they see on here. I got linked that and thought it was funny. I just know from the plethora of other engines he's made and dropped and made and dropped that he has no clue what the words "fast" or "optimisation" means (unless he steals it from another engine, that is).

So you start out removing my event system, making your own, then adding mine back a few months later? I loled.

Anyways, slow down with all the edits man, you continue at this rate you are going to have just as many bugs as features. Just my 2 cents.

NEW VERSION (v1.1.1)

Miracle Classic v1.1.0 -> v1.1.1

• Added Chat URL Support

• Added emoticons with emoticon editor

• Now main menu and game window are movable

• Changed main menu design a bit becouse of system written above

• Rearranged main game window a bit to be more clean

• Added Path algorith for spells (no more casting spells throught walls)

• Removed 2 GoTos from Event System loops

• Added ItemDesc and SpellDesc windows clipping to screen

• Modified a lot of Constants to Enumerations. This small reduction in memory consumption has been found enough to boost performance on lower end computers by a bit. (thx to Richy and Stein for founding this). THIS WILL BROKE A LOT OF TUTORIALS

• Renamed the Shopkeeper and Guard NPC Behaviour to "Immobile" and "Assist Other NPCs

• Added autotiling known from Enterbrain´s RPG Makers (thx to Stein and Robin for RMVX base)

• Fixed server restarter

• Fixed drawing of event name

• Removed editor constants from server becouse they was never used

• Fixed map animations being removed after editing map properties

• Now Map animations are saved also to client-side map cache

• Added option for always rendering Events when mapping

• Fixed drawing of events

• Added more error logs options to server

• Removed player notes

**Some new screenshots:**

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/05db30bc68174695bb9dfcfa18a4e4dd.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/61ddf57dcfbf6701057827f5fb20e74f.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4b08c52614e5b202cec844d005b11001.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/f6ac9cf9849790aec0dbcf57ba39fdd1.png)

> Why is it now server turns longer than 1 sec?
>
> version 1.0.6 wake up in 1800 ms
>
> Version 1.1.1 wake up in 2531 ms
>
> I found bug
>
> Sound = 0
>
> Music = 0
>
> Object variable or With block variable not set
>
> ```
> FMod.Stop_Music
> ```

Becouse now it is loading more data (emoticons and map#_eventdata).

I found bug

Sound = 0

Music = 0

Object variable or With block variable not set

```
FMod.Stop_Music
```

And found character bug .

First \graphics\characters\1 is good

\graphics\characters\2 have bug

![](http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1105/characterbug.jpg)

> I got a lot of friends who usually end up linking me to the silly stuff they see on here. I got linked that and thought it was funny. I just know from the plethora of other engines he's made and dropped and made and dropped that he has no clue what the words "fast" or "optimisation" means (unless he steals it from another engine, that is).

Like you took Eclipse and another engines code and wrote Crawle without any attribution? Oh, wait. You didn't even do 50% of the work on Crawle; it was Carim. Pot calling the kettle black, people. Nothing to see here.

Stick with it, Deathbeam. I'm sure you'll get everything ironed out sooner rather than later.

> Like you took Eclipse and another engines code and wrote Crawle without any attribution? Oh, wait. You didn't even do 50% of the work on Crawle; it was Carim. Pot calling the kettle black, people. Nothing to see here.
>
> Stick with it, Deathbeam. I'm sure you'll get everything ironed out sooner rather than later.

You might want to get both sides of the story instead of a jealous kid's overdramatised half. PM me if you want me to explain ;], no need to take over this topic.

This is gonna end like EA and ER.

Starting with fast and many updates, then after a few weeks maybe months, you realise this is "Meh…"

I might not be a coder, but what's the difference between this "Mirage" and Eclipse Origins (except the Scripting and the features) ?