Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Taking Wishes

Mellowz

I don't know, if something like this is already added, but:

A Rank-List (right? I'm German :D )
A little Tool, able to edit NPCs, Shops, Items, Classes, Elements, Arrows, Emoticons a.s.o. without starting the Client (don't need to be able to edit Maps… lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lukin:

> Sprites that changes when you equip something so the arms of your sprites doesn't need to stick out all of the time, just when you for example equip a weapon the left arm of your sprite will come out and otherwise it's not.

not many ppl would want that, it'd be a waste of memory

• 2 weeks later...
@[SB:

> Sylexus link=topic=30165.msg353925#msg353925 date=1232848191]
> not many ppl would want that, it'd be a waste of memory

I dont think its a waste of memory because I want to make a game that doesnt need to have their sprites sticking their arms out 24/7.

@Lukin:

> I dont think its a waste of memory because I want to make a game that doesnt need to have their sprites sticking their arms out 24/7.

Not everyone wants that, you'd get a lot more lag because you'd have to load in an extra sprite for every item that's equippable to it

I know I posted this elsewere in its own topic, but then I happened on this one, so just to be safe, ill repost it here. @Foxmoan:

> I dunno, maybe its just me… But in the game I'm wanting to make, it would be a lot nicer to be able to have the ability to choose your race and class, like, I'm not just a Warrior, I'm a Half-Elf Warrior or something, and make the characters be able to customise more and be more diverse from everyone as a whole from races having there own inherent abilities, making a deeper setting for your game. And also, (and this may be nit-picking) But maybe even being able to choose your skin color at character creation, like, African and Caucasian (just for appearances, of course). Again, all this so that characters can be more diverse and make a deeper game

Look at the average cliche/retarded name most people choose for characters.  Is giving them TWO chances to be imbeciles really a good idea?

Nothing irritates me more then logging onto a fantasy mmo, and have the world killed by players named  "noobkiller" and various other retarded names, many with numbers slapped into them.

For most people, imagination is dead, they play games to replace their imagination.
Its sad

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to have in new version of EE.
- Quest adding, editing etc.
- Map generator
- Somethink like Tutorial for beginning players
- Easy editing of Menu (Some Menu Editor)
- Possibility to Translate main abilities and other things to own language like
  Strength = Síla , Speed= Rychlost, Magic etc.
- Possibility for setup in NPC on which side it will be looking.
- Rare System for item or npcs. (Names could be for poor item gray, red better,
  purple GM etc)
- Possibility to use more than 64x64 (32x32, 16x16, 32x16, 32x64, 64x64, 32x96,
  64x96, 96x96 etc.  )
- Something like generator of best players for 10 or 100
- Possibility to crate some Professions(without hard scripting).

I hope that my English is good to understand.

@strmy:

> - Possibility to use more than 64x64 (32x32, 16x16, 32x16, 32x64, 64x64, 32x96,
>   64x96, 96x96 etc.  )

You can use 32x32 and 32x34 for players, and 32x32, 32x64 and 64x64 for NPC's, and you can use 16x16 and 32x16 by making sprites that size and aligning the to the sheet correctly.

The new method of placing NPCs on the map is very bothersome.
the old way worked much better where u selected it as an attribute and then the window popped up asking you which NPC to spawn there.

the current method causes you to have to already know the x and y coordinates and enter them.  also u can't deselect the window where u enter it so you cant really go back and fourth to check.

also, it would be a nice addition if the map editors and such's scrolling capabilities were better.  like when you load tile set 1 it would be nice if you could grab the scroll bar and scroll down and actually have the image follow you. it would be much faster.

It would also be nice to be able to name each tileset something else in the editor and the actual file name.  it'd help if u organized them  yourself and say that one tileset is winter. 1 is caves. 1 is swamp. 1 is greenland. 1 is city, etc.

another nice addition (not so much programming)  would be if the default tile sheets and GFX in general had more and was organized better.  lthere are a lot of resources out there to use but the current 1s look a tad sloppy.  not all but some.  i myself am working on compiling and organizing these.

also a list of in-game commands included in the server would be nice. some of them dont exactly follow.  like you have /mapeditor and /editnpc.  why not /npceditor or /editmap.  sure you could go in and program those yourself but it would be nice to just have the master copy for everyone to download to have those all the same by default.  and then a list included in the server folder like i said.

there used to be 1 in the help section but its gone.  speakinbg of the help section, why not use it?  at least remove that part of the program altogether and put other things there, like the character file editor or script editor or whatever.  or maybe links to sections of the forums.  or actual new help files.  idk.  i just think that the overall server could be utilized a lot better.

although i will say since i began using eclipse it has greatly improved.  a lot of what was broken or poorly functioning works a lot better now.

new possible attributes that would help to eliminate scripting would be nice as well.  idk what would be used specifically but im sure others can think of some things.

most of my ideas are minor additions. and i cant really complain since i dont know how to do any of them… except the GFX 1.  but they would all be nice :)

Id like to see, when you go into edit map and put "block" on a space. Id like to see that work for an npc like, so if  the npc (monster) has an item drop you want/need you would be trapped and need to get admin/map editor to get it….I mean theyd have to go through all the work...

a loot system would be awesome as well.

so players have a Fair way to win the drops.
so players also cant steal other players drops as in a player timer fort the item droped for the person who did most of the dmg to a npc/player.

ex
i get the npc to 4% then I die, another player kills the npc and they cant pick the item up for at least 2 minutes (the item is reserved for the player who did more dmg) so there for it would be fair, instead of a player dieing while another player hits it one time and gets that loot.

How about an Item# index, say from 1 - 32 million or something lol like you did with NPC index and player index except every item gets an index spot and can be edited in scripts that way more easily.

For that matter, a sub that goes off with every other sub would be cool, nomatter what is done in the game this null sub goes off with it ( Obviously you'd keep this sub small but it could be useful ).

NPC vs NPC
Pet System
Percentage based values in the spells editor. I.E. instead of value 1 - 32000 make it ValueStat, ValueStatPercentage or just make it take directly from scripts in the spell editor or something like that so that you can better phase skills and spells into late game.

Spell casting NPC ( You chose and scripts spells )
Ranged NPC
Item carrying NPC ( Items they have show on their paperdoll, Items crafted for each NPC )
More scripting commands in general ( Mix it up surprise us with a few completely new and useable commands for scripts )
Multiple Attributes to each tile on multiple layers maybe?
Ability to make players larger sprites like the bigsprites.
PETS!! PETS!!! I want to use pets in anyway possible just make a friendly NPC AI and make it run up to enemies or somethign I can nscript in the effects myself.
2 more animation sprites for each direction, smother animation for those of us that can do the animation work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
**NPC secondary behavior option: Attack NPC / Attack Player**
Ever since I made this request, I thought this would be a great way for people to make their MMO a little more interactive when the newer version of Eclipse MMORPG maker is released for anyone to use.  If an NPC is set to either Attack on Sight or Attack when attacked, the one editing the NPC could find another option where the NPC could attack either another NPC or a Player.  However, any other option unrelated to combat (Such as a Friendly NPC), will not have this type of option available.

**New Item Editor option: Level requirement to equip/use**
Although there is options that allow a player to put a requirement for stats such as Strength, Defence, etc. it has it's limits.  It may be bypassed by equipping another weapon that would add to the stat, therefore allowing the player to equip the weapon they previously couldn't equip before.  This would level out fairness of equipping/using items by adding this new option in the Item Editor (This would especially work for ultimate equipment sets, for those who don't want people getting something they aren't supposed to get until they are the proper level).

If I've got any more ideas, I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
i suggest making it so that you don't have to have a sound codex to play the sounds, make something that allows you to pick what type of sound type you want to use for your game.(right now i don't have the proper sound codex to play the sounds, so upon attacking an enemy i have to push ctrl then after the first message for the sound codex pops up i have to hold enter down till the monsters dead to keep it from popping up repeatedly.)

Here's a suggestion, try playing these two games:
Requiem: Bloodymare  3GB(I think)<== was just released before the summer of 2008
Perfect World International  2GB (I think)

Both of these are 3DMMORPG's.
Look at all the buttons and every thing, i suggest making the menus more like these two, trade systems,shops, even item upgrading would be nice.