Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Taking Wishes

Mellowz

@Steel:

> DUDE, you use the key attribute through the map editor.

magic8ball is asking for a tile where you don't need a key item, and you don't have to use it on any door or whatever. You can just walk into the tile if you have the item ANYWHERE, and it's blocked otherwise. Basically less of a hassle than key attributes.

Edit: Here's another idea, an NPC attribute that makes an NPC spawn at a location so you can have more than 15 NPCs on one map. Or just make it so that you can add more NPCs. Or both! :D Because for games with epic maps, you may need more NPCs.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know if this has been said..But how about having more than one attribute on one map!!?? It gets so annoying when I want to have say…npc block on one tile and then bank on the same tile. I end up having to put npc avoids around that tile instead...

@Jarmendes:

> Also what about not having a map grid? Im sick and tired of using block and I cant put the block where I want it.

It has a map grid in the map editor.

@YunO:

> What about the Block attribute be able to put by 16x16 tiles, not 32x32… You can make realistic maps on that. And make the players to walk by 16x16, not 32x32\. Or make them a choice.

You would have to re-write the mapping system, which is probably not going to happen soon.

–------------------------------

My idea- A scripting command similiar to
Call SetPlayerSprite
(index) to change into 64x64 sprites.

e.x.- Call SetPlayerSprite64x64((index)*)

@Firestar:

> Ah, here's an idea. Keep walkthrough attributes in, but make walkthrough an option in data.ini, and if it's 1, all players can walk through each other.

Its soo easy to allow players to walk through each other in the source. I think I have a modified eclipse 2.7 which allows players to walk through players and npcs.
If anybody needs it, give me a msg

I've got a couple ideas that badly want implemented in 3.0.

Throwable bombs.

I've got an example of how this would work.
Equip the bomb as an arrow. Attack with it as an arrow, and when it hits the target it does a spell animation and causes a set amount of damage.

Traps.

You have an extra item category, called traps.
You stand on a tile.
You double click the trap in your inventory.
It sets the item under your feet.
If any player walks on it, it casts a spell. i.e. Vine strangling opponent, or bomb exploding.
If your opponent has high enough speed, he/she can disarm and destroy the trap.

• 3 weeks later...
Some of my ideas would be:

-Built in quest system, press F1, go to edit, and edit quests….would be A LOT easier!
-Traps idea is good (someone mentioned it earlier in this post)
-When the player first plays the game, it shows them a tutorial on the buttons and everything!

> -Built in quest system, press F1, go to edit, and edit quests….would be A LOT easier!

Already being made.

> Traps idea is good (someone mentioned it earlier in this post)

My idea.

> -When the player first plays the game, it shows them a tutorial on the buttons and everything!

Easily scriptable.

–------------------------

My ideas,

Throwable bombs.

I've got an example of how this would work.
Equip the bomb as an arrow. Attack with it as an arrow, and when it hits the target it does a spell animation and causes a set amount of damage.

Traps.

You have an extra item category, called traps.
You stand on a tile.
You double click the trap in your inventory.
It sets the item under your feet.
If any player walks on it, it casts a spell. i.e. Vine strangling opponent, or bomb exploding.
If your opponent has high enough speed, he/she can disarm and destroy the trap.

64x64 players.

A new command to change a player to 64x54

Call SetPlayer64x64(index, #)

#= 64x64 sprite number