Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What was the first video game you ever played?

DrNova

For me, I'm oldschool.
When I was six, my stepdad bought a brand new NES, and it came with Super Mario Bros (Yes, that right, NES was still selling as a new console at the time)

I remember playing that game for hours and hours..
That started me down the path of gaming.

I'm fortunate not to have been born earlier, I woulda gotten stuck with the atari or other similar crap systems of the beginning years.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DrNova:

> For me, I'm oldschool.
> When I was six, my stepdad bought a brand new NES, and it came with Super Mario Bros (Yes, that right, NES was still selling as a new console at the time)
>
> I remember playing that game for hours and hours..
> That started me down the path of gaming.
>
> I'm fortunate not to have been born earlier, I woulda gotten stuck with the atari or other similar crap systems of the beginning years.

ditto to the word. Although the system and game only cost $2

@dg1423:

> Cool Spot for Genesis

OMG, I loved that game!!!!
It had that bonus level with the uber rave music!!!!!!!!!!!

@Marsh:

> I think the first game i ever played was dragon warrior for the nes. Great game :)

Another epic win!
lol two classics I loved, brings back memories.
I love the Dragon Warrior series, it pwned

Another NES game I loved was called Sword and Serpents, a pretty sweet rpg, but unlike the topdown style, was more like that windows screensaver where you go through that 3dish maze, that type of veiw.
ZOOOOOOM TUBE!!!!!!!!!!!  (from floor 34 to 10, WTF BITCH?!)

@Reguba:

> Hmm I think the first game I ever played was Super Mario All Stars lol, either that or my step bros had me playing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for NES.

I could never get past the second level of that game where you were in the city with the Turtle Van.  That level pisses me off to this day

First game for me, ever, was Final Fantasy 7\. My brother bought it, but he lent it to us along with his playstation, TBH I sucked badly I couldn't even get passed Rufus T_T. I did get to the 3rd disk but the save got deleted.

Mine was Parsec on a Texas Instruments home computer. Probably when I was 2 or something. This was mainly because my parents couldn't afford Nintendos and stuff at the time (we didn't get an NES until a year or two after the SNES came out). Early RPGs on Apple IIe, and NES really taught me how to read, I was always way ahead in reading comprehension, and I personally think it's the early text-based video games that helped.

Oh all this talk of old games made me remember two of my favorites when I was a little kid, Chip and Dale Rescue rangers for the PC… oh I miss giant floppy games... And lastly Commander Keen! Lol I still have that game sitting in my closet, thats a good one!

the first game i can remember playing is asteroids in the arcade… well donut shop.

then probably demon and diamonds i think it was called on a commadore.

My first "computer" was an atari 800... Mmmmmm Miner 49er!!!!!

umm yeah... my first game was final fantasy 9... yeah...