Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse + money?

codemeister1990

So I've noticed that once you start offering cash, people seem to come in bulk at you, and a few "experienced" people I've talked to about doing some scripts for me are GROSSLY overpricing what I'm asking for…
now eclipse itself is free...so they spend all this time learning it for free...yet they're the one's charging more than eclipse might sell for? (per copy)
i.e. $10 dollars for a skill script (which is 8 skills)...that was actually a quote given to me, no lie

Free service of Eclipse, we take the time to learn scripting and/or programming then we have all this power. Why would we offer this power for free? I mean we do offer it for free, if you have promise.You have no idea how many emails and/or pm's we get asking to work for them or do source edits. You have the money we will take it.

Besides, don't like how we coders/scripter are acting? Then go learn it yourself. Its not that hard.

I've seen a few people who do maps get a
bit full of them-self too asking for more money
than they're worth..
Eclipse is free, and they continue to release new
versions….hmm...free?...that must take way more
time than some little script...and...they do it...for free..
they ask nothing in return...free...hmm...
I congratulate them on their work...some of the community...
not so much

It really comes down to the fact that if you dont like how much someone is charging dont buy it. Alot of money is lost on Eclipse and not everyone will accept that. It doesn't make sense in a business decision. So though everything free is nice, it just wont happen often.

Also, munro has released free scripts. We have released a free Eclipse.

Now if you wanted a special Eclipse client. Mellowz or Homicidal would most likely charge you. If you want something specific that someone has to go out of there normal path to help you, then you will most likely get charged.

@Marsh:

> Now if you wanted a special Eclipse client. Mellowz or Homicidal would most likely charge you. If you want something specific that someone has to go out of there normal path to help you, then you will most likely get charged.

I won't be accepting any offers until 3.0 is done. That goes for the people on MSN as well…

@Simius:

> no, I seriously get several requests for programming. Like half my msn is on mute. =D

Same, and they get mad when I say no.

@Marsh:

> It really comes down to the fact that if you dont like how much someone is charging dont buy it. Alot of money is lost on Eclipse and not everyone will accept that. It doesn't make sense in a business decision. So though everything free is nice, it just wont happen often.

Quoted For Truth

I won't…I'll pay fair prices and nothing more.
end of story, I don't do rip-off pricing.
I realized I might have to pay for some scripts/codes
but to pay so much when eclipse is free..you have to
evaluate how much its really worth...and its grossly
overpriced.
Eclipse is losing money? *thinks*...hmm...no ads...
wow...how/why do you do it?

Yes, I said 10$ for 8 skill scripts, that I will write from scratch, and will work exactly as you want them. It would take me about 3hours(in total) to set up the basic template for every skill + the time it takes to adjusts it to your own requirements.

So 10/3, thats 3.33$/h. You think that's not a good deal? Then go find somebody else who will do it for you for cheaper, or actually learn how to do it yourself. Oh, but you won't learn. Why? Its too hard? Takes too much time? Well do you think it didn't take me some time to learn?

Lets put it into perspective, and actually tell people how much you offered for 8 skill scripts (4 different types, so it wasn't just copy paste. You have the harvesting ones, the crafting ones, and 2 others that don't fit in that category).

$3.75 for at least 3 hours of work.

I'm kinda tired of your crap honestly, I was trying to be civil, I even ignored that s*** you did with Munro.

Conclusion? If you don't like my pricing, then you're free to go somewhere else. You're not my only customer, and losing $3.75 won't affect me whatsoever.

Wow.  I think adrian really put it into perspective there. He's got a point, why should he work for an hour and only get paid …idk 1$ an hour instead (idk if you even like that price....) when he could just as easily be making 30$ or more an hour for coding....

I don't like to get into augument but If Baron posted it free, then use it >.>.

3$ / Hour is very cheap! I would have Adrian do the Skill for me but well, I can do it myself.

Adrian Keep your price at 3$ / Hour I might need help XD Actually 4$ is still fine with me.

@codemeister1990:

> So I've noticed that once you start offering cash, people seem to come in bulk at you, and a few "experienced" people I've talked to about doing some scripts for me are GROSSLY overpricing what I'm asking for…
> now eclipse itself is free...so they spend all this time learning it for free...yet they're the one's charging more than eclipse might sell for? (per copy)
> i.e. $10 dollars for a skill script (which is 8 skills)...that was actually a quote given to me, no lie

If you don't like it then learn to script yourself.

If I'm going to work for some company do you think I'll just do it for free? You must be insane.

@codemeister1990:

> I've seen a few people who do maps get a
> bit full of them-self too asking for more money
> than they're worth..
> Eclipse is free, and they continue to release new
> versions….hmm...free?...that must take way more
> time than some little script...and...they do it...for free..
> they ask nothing in return...free...hmm...
> I congratulate them on their work...some of the community...
> not so much

So? It's their decision. Why don't you go blame Microsoft huh? Linux is free, Windows is not.

@Munro:

> Same, and they get mad when I say no.

They don't get mad here :P.

@codemeister1990:

> I won't…I'll pay fair prices and nothing more.
> end of story, I don't do rip-off pricing.
> I realized I might have to pay for some scripts/codes
> but to pay so much when eclipse is free..you have to
> evaluate how much its really worth...and its grossly
> overpriced.
> Eclipse is losing money? *thinks*...hmm...no ads...
> wow...how/why do you do it?

You're always complaining like a little kid. Like I said, I'm not going to work for some company or just somebody for nothing.

@codemeister1990:

> …baron posted one....free...

That's again his decision. A programmer could easily ask $10-30 [USD] a hour (rough guess, I don't program for money), if he or she is experienced.

Stop complaining and grow up. This is like the 3rd topic coming from you related to the 'script paying' subject.

Regards,
  Godlord.

A company makes money or it wouldn't be a company :/
all games here would be closer to "non-profit"…so who would/could pay for something that much when they likely won't be getting in back even in donations or a subscription fee (which no eclipse game has I think)
Also...these scripts are a want not a need, they should be cheaper than real jobs...It shouldn't even make it past minimum wage...ever...yet some of these prices...its not right