Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Showoff (Good I ASSURE You)

Baron

@Niko:

> I'm fairly positive hes working on this game… What a question to ask in a thread where hes showing off his custom tiles...

Thats really good reason to ask :).. Hes firs post didnt explain what they ment for. But baron then told.. so its ok for now

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tree's are clearly from Ultima Online. I can i swear that you havnet done that bridge.. But i dont feel like going through the thousand resources i know to find it. And the floor bricks are from the same guy that vbgore took the resource from. Infact i doubt you've done anything there.. most of the stuff tehre looks like edits from various resources and games. You've probably just done the grass, which is horrible. Its easy to see you dont really know how to make tiles, if you knew.. everything would look smooth and nice.. and there wouldnt be a hundred different styles mixed together.

I could not find a good pic of the Ultima Online trees.. Since tehre are hardly any screens left, and the game has like million different tree's.
http://www.counterfrag.com/screenshots/ultima%20online%20age%20of%20shadows/2.jpg
http://www.vbgore.com/images/screenshots/01x/05.png

There are a few similarities but the roots on the trees are more rooty on barons and look different. As for the bricks on vbgore i cant really tell. But baron has been working on these for awhile now. He may have used it as a reference but i really doubt they were ripped as i have been seeing them made step by step.

You cant really tell?? They're exactly the same. What gives this guy the right to rip stuff and call it his own.. And the roots are different, but the leaves are very simmillar.. and i can swear UO got those roots anyway.. its just that i didnt find the screenshot with them there.

Now if the lighting difference blinds you.. then you shouldnt really get involved.

Anyone with an eye for graphics can tell that the complete set of tiles he's made hasnt been made by the same guy.. since there are various type of styles in there.. Quit defending him cause his your friend, im not saying this for fun..

![](http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4368/qwdqwdao0.jpg)

@Baron:

> bridge tiles and some lamp posts ive done.
> ![](http://www.mindbeast.com/EclipseStuff/lighting.png)

He just said he did the bridge and lamposts he never said he did the bricks. Also i just dont think its right to rip into someone without them here to argue there case. I cant really speak for him. So i guess well have to wait until he comes online.

Oh, i didnt see that. I dont see why someone would post a full screenshot if he's just showing of the Bridge and Lamp posts.. especially if he claims he's working on a commercial project.

Yeah, lets wait for his responce.
Meanwhile ill search where ive seen that bridge before.

okies, addressing queries.

@ZoSo:

> And the floor bricks are from the same guy that vbgore took the resource from.

Yes, i have used the ground bricks from lost garden's complying perfectly to the terms of use stated. Hell, ill even give you the link so you can confirm it. And like Marsh stated, I never claimed i made those. They just fit in nicely with my set. And as for lighting differences, vbgore has tried to hide them more than i have. My versions the same colour lol.

http://lostgarden.com/2006/07/more-free-game-graphics.html

@ZoSo:

> The tree's are clearly from Ultima Online.

the trees from Ultima online were used as a reference for the style (which i love) but copying a style isnt stealing the graphics. I drew them using brush settings in photoshop that achieve a very similar style. As were the trunks. Lets just compare shall we, for kicks lets say.

![](http://www.mindbeast.com/EclipseStuff/tree_sample.png)

@ZoSo:

> I can i swear that you havnet done that bridge..

No, you've jsut likely seen a similar one. Probably the same one i used as reference for how to draw a bridge.

![](http://www.mindbeast.com/EclipseStuff/bridgeproof.png)

@ZoSo:

> Its easy to see you dont really know how to make tiles, if you knew.. everything would look smooth and nice.. and there wouldnt be a hundred different styles mixed together.

No, you're just used to seeing cartoon graphics in 2d games compared to a set that actually blends together. But thats just my opinion.

Feel free to hit me up with any other enquiry you might have.

I wannt to say "wow" but i dont. Why…

I think Baron have burned, im disapointed. You said :

@Baron:

> Showoff of more of my **fully** custom GFX.

Wich is not that fully as you say.

ZoSo have good point.  On your picture the best thigs its this brics, but trees to are quite good. But for me you are plagiarist because u say its fully custom. I dont like it now because that. I can only say you are damn liar and i will not trust you anymore when you say its fully custom thats all.

0/10 for me

Agreed, looks like you've just painted over/ manipulated other resources. ZoSo and PheXion are spot on when saying you were somewhat misleading posting two full screen shots saying you wanted to "showoff more of my fully custom GFX."

a 14 post member offering such deep insightful thoughts.

to clarify: it should have read "fully custom gfx set" referring to the package as a whole graphical treatment. Yes the tiles on the right of the first image were from lost garden. The rest is my work. Ive already admitted this.

@Baron:

> besides from those bricks it is entirely custom.

I can only hope so it is now.

@Baron:

> i will change it to reflect that.

It will be good.
Look… You make fully cutom gfx  and then you destroy it by using other gfx as a base. Its waste of time. You have quite nice skills for make this all alone. I know it takes alot of time but if you started then finish it without plagiat. You will be 100% satisfied and those brics are max 20 minuts for someone on your level so dont continue it in that way. **Especially if it is for commercial project as you say.**

actually the use of other gfx which is freely available for any use makes a lot of sense. especially if you're drawing an entire set. Saves a lot of time and helps when drawing new assets in testing what will fit and what wont.

@Burooo:

> Agreed, looks like you've just painted over/ manipulated other resources. ZoSo and PheXion are spot on when saying you were somewhat misleading posting two full screen shots saying you wanted to "showoff more of my fully custom GFX."

No affence, to me it sounds like your just agreeing with ZoSo and PheXion to make yourself sound smart, and if you did, it didn't work.

- Corza

if the set is free for commercial use in its current form, and without the need for attribution, it can be 100% similar.

And as ive already stated (this is about try 4 now) it was a mistake to say fully custom. Besides from the bricks it is.

Hah… when I read the toppic name it was like 'what a retard wrote that in the subject's name'...
and then I noticed it was baron's work so it actualy was assured it is.

It looks realy good. Not awesome but good. And as for the 'customity' - it's not 100% custom if you consider 'custom' as 100% done by yourself... but in the legal way it is considering that those edited/used ones were free to use. You all are just jumping someone who ADMITED that it was a mistake to say 'fully custom'. I don't see the point of this.

Again - Nice tiles and the map - can't wait for your next showoffs.

@Baron:

> if the set is free for commercial use in its current form, and without the need for attribution, it can be 100% similar.

So just copy and paste it all and name it custom next time, it will be the same.

> And as ive already stated (this is about try 4 now) it was a mistake to say fully custom.

Yea, but you're defending yourself as it was just nothing. Like innocent mistake.