Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Showoff (Good I ASSURE You)

Baron

@pheXion:

> So just copy and paste it all and name it custom next time, it will be the same.
>
> Yea, but you're defending yourself as it was just nothing. Like innocent mistake.

… have you even read this thread?

The set those tiles are from, is FREE for any use with no attribution. Which means i could use them all day long for anything I please.

which ergo, means " it was just nothing " is just that, nothing beyond the (admitted innocent mistake) of saying fully custom when id done everything except for 4 tiles in the top right of the map which come from a free set.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@coreybock:

> No affence, to me it sounds like your just agreeing with ZoSo and PheXion to make yourself sound smart, and if you did, it didn't work.

What’s with the personal attacks? However, Baron is right I only have 14 posts which makes me a mildly retarded ten year old and not worthy of commenting on anything beyond saying “Leet tilez wut..lol.” I Can’t wait till I hit 1,000 posts and magically become good at Eclipse.

@Burooo:

> What’s with the personal attacks? However, Baron is right I only have 14 posts which makes me a mildly retarded ten year old and not worthy of commenting on anything beyond saying “Leet tilez wut..lol.” I Can’t wait till I hit 1,000 posts and magically become good at Eclipse.

No, i just find a person with 14 posts jumping into a thread dealing with some controversial issues doesn't shine brightly on their reasons for being on the forum beyond stirring shit.

Maybe if they'd contributed to the forum a few (hundred) useful posts, their opinion might carry more weight. I doubt such a contribution has happened in 14 posts.

> … have you even read this thread?

Yes i read it, you read it too? Because its looking like not.

I dont know what have you realy done now, because you are liar for me, not innocent mistake.
I dont care its free or not. You are using it for custom and you say its nothing wrong because it can be 100% base of your titles so just copy and paste it i dont care, but dont make topics like that.

This "4 titles" are the best titles on your picture.

@pheXion:

> This "4 titles" are the best titles on your picture.

You realise how retarded it looks when you dont even know the word you're talking about? The word is tiles, because they tile like floor tiles, not titles, like the name of a book or a story.

Also, i dont care if you think im a liar or not. The fact remains that ive made everything ive said i have. Which just to be clear doesnt include those floor bricks.

And to clarify, yes, there is nothing wrong with using it 100% as it is. And if you have an issue with that, you need to untie the knot in your panties then go back and read the link the tiles came from.

Fred I realise you hate when someone uses others tiles as theyre own - I could notice it before. Still both Baron and you are getting personal at this so I think you both should end this argument. You both know you are right and let's keep it that way because you can't convince the other one about it.

Some might not be his but using something as a reference is allowed and if you make something while using something else as a reference they are still 100% custom.
For example for the gui etc i've done for TPO i used the gui of another eclipse game as a reference.

I despise the opinions of those who judge according to post count. In my opinion I'm experienced to an extent in 2D game development. If I were to sign up on say a different forum, such as mirage, or whatever- and within my early posts (say 15th), were to engage in a debate regarding something similar to this issue here, would that make me some idiot just there to stir shit? You don't know anything about him, so don't judge him until you do.

Also Fred, you hold a strong argument when it comes to any sort of plagiarism. I must say, I've seen a few debates regarding it from you, and you put up a good argument. Nice job.

@Kreator:

> You don't know anything about him, so don't judge him until you do.

Im no fool, ive read all of his posts. one of the wonderful privileges of being admin. And i didnt just judge him based on his post count but also based on my extensive time as an admin of this site and several others and the experience that this brings. Without more posts and examples of his contributions to the forum, there is little else to judge off.

I was simply concerned that this was a trolling account, and made it very clear my reasons for concern. Politely.

@Kreator:

> If I were to sign up on say a different forum, such as mirage, or whatever- and within my early posts (say 15th), were to engage in a debate regarding something similar to this issue here, would that make me some idiot just there to stir shit?

No, id simply call it poor judgement. But id still be wary of the possibility you were just there to stir shit. Like i demonstrated in this case.

@Kreator:

> Also Fred, you hold a strong argument when it comes to any sort of plagiarism.

Not overly. The use of free tiles without an attribution requirement is the equivalent of taking a stock image from a stock account, following the terms of use correctly and inserting it as an element of a greater image. His argument stands on bad English and misinterpretation by other users.

@Kreator:

> I despise the opinions of those who judge according to post count.

I don't care. :)

I havent read the last few posts.. But if you're gonna call a set custom. it should atleast be custom made.. dont add in Free resources and yet call your tiles custom, since then you use that word totally wrong.. And you're being an ass to those that made the tiles in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with taking references, allthrough when it gets to the point where its copying. Im not saying you did that, allthrough its very close. I can only give one tip, look at real photos instead of taking reference from other games.. trust me, there is no better way. And you wont get problems like this.

Please i dont think this is worth arguing over.. Its a simple mistake when you start doing tiles, everyone does it.. ive done it. I dont think Baron meant to "steal" and show off as his own.. But really, be more carefull.. Stolen work does not pay out in the end, you might get good credit in the start but in the end all that burns up.

Work honest, it works the best. If you want to make something original work from scratch without game references.. Otherwise dont call your work 100% Custom. Since even copying a style isint 100% custom. Being Original along with making the work is what makes it 100%..

@Baron:

> You realise how retarded it looks when you dont even know the word you're talking about? The word is tiles, because they tile like floor tiles, not titles, like the name of a book or a story.

Do you realise that you insult me and going away from topic (which is you are liar now) because one letter?

@Baron:

> Also, i dont care if you think im a liar or not. The fact remains that ive made everything ive said i have. Which just to be clear doesnt include those floor bricks.

So now you should create another picture and another topic for that. Because in this topic we are evaluate your screenshot in 1st post.

@Baron:

> And to clarify, yes, there is nothing wrong with using it 100% as it is.

Its very wrong if you say after that you made it.

@Baron:

> And if you have an issue with that, you need to untie the knot in your panties then go back and read the link the tiles came from.

Get over with that childrish saying.

@‪‫‬‭‮‪‫Kusy:

> Fred I realise you hate when someone uses others tiles as theyre own - I could notice it before. Still both Baron and you are getting personal at this so I think you both should end this argument. You both know you are right and let's keep it that way because you can't convince the other one about it.

Yes, i start to thinking you have right about that.

@Xeross:

> Some might not be his but using something as a reference is allowed and if you make something while using something else as a reference they are still 100% custom.
> For example for the gui etc i've done for TPO i used the gui of another eclipse game as a reference.

Exactly, that why i was saing it:

> Depends on what % of similarity we're talking about.

If you are using it only for reference its even ok for me. But as we see Baron have other opinion he said 100% its ok for him…

@Kreator:

> I despise the opinions of those who judge according to post count.

Yes, its irracional for me.

@Baron:

> a 14 post member offering such deep insightful thoughts.

and
@Baron:

> And i didnt just judge him based on his post count

So its only looking like that.

@Baron:

> No, id simply call it poor judgement. But id still be wary of the possibility you were just there to stir shit. Like i demonstrated in this case.

Only i see paradox in this quote?

@Baron:

> Not overly. The use of free tiles without an attribution requirement is the equivalent of taking a stock image from a stock account, following the terms of use correctly and inserting it as an element of a greater image.

But you dont make it then in 100%.
If Picasso, Da Vinci, Munch paintings was free then you can cut in on parts after that stick together and be big Baron artist in that way. I bet you will in your way of thinking

@Baron:

> I don't care. :)

Its just… sad.

@ZoSo:

> I havent read the last few posts.. But if you're gonna call a set custom. it should atleast be custom made.. dont add in Free resources and yet call your tiles custom, since then you use that word totally wrong.. And you're being an ass to those that made the tiles in the first place.
>
> There is nothing wrong with taking references, allthrough when it gets to the point where its copying. Im not saying you did that, allthrough its very close. I can only give one tip, look at real photos instead of taking reference from other games.. trust me, there is no better way. And you wont get problems like this.
>
> Please i dont think this is worth arguing over.. Its a simple mistake when you start doing tiles, everyone does it.. ive done it. I dont think Baron meant to "steal" and show off as his own.. But really, be more carefull.. Stolen work does not pay out in the end, you might get good credit in the start but in the end all that burns up.
>
> Work honest, it works the best. If you want to make something original work from scratch without game references.. Otherwise dont call your work 100% Custom. Since even copying a style isint 100% custom. Being Original along with making the work is what makes it 100%..

And its a very good point of this discusion!
And.. o.. you have only 100 post :D

@Marsh:

> He didnt make like 5 brick tiles are you guys kidding me? you realize how much work baron put into this.

I realize that and its good work (-this tiles), but this what he saying its just terrible for me…
This men have no honor?
And yes, from this topic i realy know Barons character now better than before i was thinking i know.

@Baron:

> a 14 post member offering such deep insightful thoughts.
>
> to clarify: it should have read "fully custom gfx set" referring to the package as a whole graphical treatment. Yes the tiles on the right of the first image were from lost garden. The rest is my work. Ive already admitted this.

Sorry to bring this back up, if Marsh didn't post alot and have 20-ish posts.( I said IF)
Would you say that to him?

I think its more the fact that with 14 posts you most likely don't understand the community. You may not release that you are talking to a respected member and not just some thief. If you have known someone for years you no that they wouldn't do something like that.

I apologize for any heat I've added to this thread. I was simply voicing my opinion. Understandably it may have been perceived as trolling with a post number of 14; I likely would of reacted the same way.

Please refrain from criticizing or defending my comments. I don't wish to add any more fuel to this fire.

I dont think you should involve personal feelings into this, the fact is that Baron claimed others work as his own.. I dont see what there is to argue about. So in fact you dont need to know the person, its even worse if you do.. All i see is these screenshots, which he claims to be his own work.. Which he has no right to, as they're obviously edits/copies.

Allthrough there are pieces of his own work in there, he has no right to call it 100% custom..  He may have worked his ass off doing the things he did, the way he did it.. i dont see how that is relevant to this argument. I can work my ass of to copy all Zelda tiles, that does not give me the right to call it my own work. Even though i did it from scratch, i copied the style fully.

See my point? If not, please dont get involved..

And by the way, shouldnt there be some kind of punishment..?? I got no right to decide how you guys work around here, but if i had a forum.. i'd prefer honest Administrators.

> I can work my ass of to copy all Zelda tiles, that does not give me the right to call it my own work. Even though i did it from scratch, i copied the style fully.

Possibly being somewhat aimed at me, due to our past conflicts, I'll respond. Your almost a hypocrite, as you previously said referencing was perfectly fine. Yes, I referenced my completely custom tileset, however in creating it from scratch; I would call it my own work, as- its my own work. I did create it, yes?

That's low, ZoSo.  You're a good pixel artist from what I see, so you will understand what I'm saying.

Kreator's work was FULLY CUSTOM FROM SCRATCH.

Style - Work itself two VERY different things.  He busted his ass doing them, and you pretty much bashed him.  You're very much an asshole for saying that.  Now, I'm sorry for "flaming" you, but, gtfo.

People - let's chill. Kreator - you are doing a great work with your Zelda tiles and you are a great gfx maker. Fred - I have a huge respect for you for your graphics work and your anti-plagiat actions. I also have a huge respect for Baron because he's here since I remember and he allways was helping people out with tutorials and stuff. Lets Ducking end this argument. Baron DID USED tiles that were not made by him and we all know it by now. I think there's nothing more to argue about. Only thing you can do now is to call someone a thief, faker, idiot. Everyone made theyre point. This topic was dedicated for discussing tiles and now we are discussing plagiatism in general. All - gtfo.

Wtf.. i wasnt refering to any of you.
I just said Zelda cause it was the first thing that popped up in my head. Dont put words in my mouth.

And if im not mistaken, you're Zelda tiles are in totally different style.. am i right? Which makes it original work anyway..

Anyway maybe better if i put it like this instead..

> I can work my ass of to copy all Zelda tiles, that does not give me the right to call it my own work. Even though i did it from **"scratch"**, i copied the style fully.

If you know what i mean…

The facts to end this discussion.

1) No court in the world would ever be convinced that anything i made using style references was plagiarised. The colours, layout, shape and design have all been changed to the point where they are individual creations wherever ive referenced a games style.

2) Using style references is legal. Otherwise there would be no such thing as art styles, ie baroque, cubist, realism, abstract etc. They all have a similar STYLE.

3) The use of fully legal stock resources from lost garden (the only thing in the image which was used 100% as is) is legal and allowed. GTFO it.

4) I made a mistake calling the set fully custom, i agree. its 95% custom - the 5 tiles from a free set. And ive admitted this and changed everything to reflect it.