Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making money?

Velian

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a facebook game…which means facebook hosts it. It tells me how many monthly users we have. As of this month we have over 4000 people playing. Now of course not all of them donate but it's still enough along with other projects I have. If I post the link it'll be to facebook so of course a facebook account is required. Ohhh, I've been stickied, I feel special XD.

The game is mine.  I made it.  "Velian" helped with the concept, but he also has his own game.

I don't want others playing it currently, and I'd rather not have the 4k+ people playing it right now that do.  If I wanted more, I'd advertise it.  I don't have time to finish the game right now (college gah), I don't like the way the game works currently and I want to recreate it as a 2D MMO to give my players the best experience and the best game possible.  Last thing I need is more people disappointed in the fact that the original application it isn't finished.  (By the way, if you ever develop a Facebook application, finish it entirely before releasing.  Bad mistake on my part.  Life gets in the way pretty quick.)

The "donations" I get from the game help to pay for software like the new photoshop and dreamweaver (at one point, I bought Realm Crafter wanting to create a 3D world for the game.  $100 per cd and license.  Never got delivered.)  The money is now going to go towards having a ton of sprites and whatever else I need made to customize this fully.  Guess I need to get learning how the script works.

I learned PHP in a month (real big accomplishment…), this should be nothing (but again, I haven't looked at much of anything).

Also, I get that the scripts have to be customized, sprites, tilesheets, what have you…

Just taking a glance through the files, all I really found was the main.txt file for a script.  (been looking through the forum and there are a ton of posts with extra scripts and new ones, but i didn't find much of anything on finding the ones already existent.)

What all exactly has to be changed?  File names, variables?  And is there a topic anywhere that might help me out with learning about the script?  Looks simple (a lot like C).

Nvm, I had minimized a category so I didn't see a few of the boards.  Found some useful stuff now.

Now if I can get my hands on VB6, I'll get this thing moving.

This proberly him - [(Facebook Profile Link)](http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Velian&init=q&sid=c02cf980da67405c23d2bfa9fbd19df6#/group.php?sid=c02cf980da67405c23d2bfa9fbd19df6&gid=2253900874)

Please use URL tags on a massive link like that so it doesn't kill the board format.
~Anna

@Velian:

> Because the less competition there is the more money we make. That was rude to call it a scam though XD. While I might be a bit of a scam artist at times this project actually is completely legitimate. It's a good game that gets good reviews (We've got a couple thousand people playing) and the only money coming in is from donations for in game items. It's not as if we force them to pay.

Sounds like it might be a private server, especially with a couple thousand people playing, and the fact that it is claimed to be easier than Eclipse, and receiving donations. Is it a WoW, L2, or RO private server?

@[TB:

> [AUS][IG] УvøgêÑ link=topic=38450.msg374346#msg374346 date=1234787892]
> ![](http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/mbailey4357/DeadThread2.jpg)
>
> This thread is fail, I don't believe a word of it.

I don't believe it too. If you have a game that is making money and has over thousands of players you would want to get more people to play it. If you have a game post a link. Or else you don't have one and you would be proud to have a game like that. ( If you have one ) so post it here or you don't have a game.

Tell you what. I don't particularly care whether or not you believe me or not and as much as I enjoy causing such discussions I will link to a game similar to the one I was talking about. I won't post the game I was talking about because I was asked not to. The game only has around 200 something people but I never advertised it like the other one and it's no where near complete. You'll need a facebook account to log into it. http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=30997203402

Don't waste your text Admiral, his post was definitive proof he's full of crap.
Couple of dead giveaways highlighted in bold, and I'll do this because it is fun for me to pick holes in bullshit stories, its a hobby of mine.

@Velian:

> **(1)Tell you what. I don't particularly care whether or not you believe me or not** and as much as I enjoy causing such discussions **(2) I will link to a game similar to the one I was talking about**. I won't post the game I was talking about because I was asked not to. The game only has around 200 something people but **(3) I never advertised it like the other one and it's no where near complete.**  You'll need a facebook account to log into it. http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=30997203402

1\. You do care if we believe you or not - that's why your still trying to dig yourself out of the hole you've created. As soon as you realised we were not all gullible sheep, you cowered. Ironically you still are trying us on, when pretty much anything you ever say from this point onward (or anyone using your IP address) will go pretty much ignored by the majority of clever people.

2\. Why? seriously,  link us to the game… Its on Facebook yeah?? well guess what sunshine... nothing on Facebook is a secret for very long.  I'ts this final lie that led me to be sure you are just a kid thats all talk.

3\. You advertised the other one? you cant even show us any website? advertisment? link? inkling of what it is?

You should watch My Name is Earl, nuff said.