Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making money?

Velian

I'm currently thinking about making a game using Eclipse to go along with a bigger game that's already fairly successful (not a 2d mmo) and I was wondering if I could charge a small subscription fee or take money in exchange for in game items (an item mall kind of thing, sort of…). I've only got the stuff (sprites, scripts etc...) that came with the Eclipse engine for right now. How much would I have to customize assuming this is even an option.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can. But if this is your first post, you will not be successful at it. Anyone who comes in thinking this will be an easy way to make easy money, you will be very disappointed.

As far as customization, you have to make everything custom before you can think about charging money, since most of the graphics that come with Eclipse are liscenced for RMXP use only. Technically Eclipse isn't supposed to use it, but we say it's for template and example purposes.

i think that that the GUI is free to use but ALL! the other graphics are illegal to use. you will need need tiles, sprites, spells etc..

lol anna

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yep Anna's right, also you really would have to make the game not only totally custom but make sure you can keep people on for a subscription to sell items,  by having a game they want to come back to. A free trial period is also essential if you expect people to pay, as like myself.. people prefer to try before they buy.

Because the less competition there is the more money we make. That was rude to call it a scam though XD. While I might be a bit of a scam artist at times this project actually is completely legitimate. It's a good game that gets good reviews (We've got a couple thousand people playing) and the only money coming in is from donations for in game items. It's not as if we force them to pay.

No. It's not crapscape XD. This game currently takes up most of time though so I don't really have time to spend learning to script. Plus I don't want to spend much money on the game (my current game cost me like ten dollars…). And no it's not a server for a game. It's a game we came up with by ourselves. As for a link...I don't think so :cheesy:. I like being all mysterious and whatnot.