Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making money?

Velian

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a few tearful PM's from a certain someone… i went to the link, and lo and behold found out why he doesnt want any of us to see it... lets see hmm.. the first comment on the list will do...

> by Lucy at 8:53pm on February 12th, 2009
> This game is full of bullies with NO LIFE who are only here to cause trouble and make other ppl miserable. It's impossible to play as a low level even if you have plenty of money because you're constantly raided, bought, given insulting nicknames, everything, even if all your guild came from unaffiliateds and you totally mind your own business! Some ppl even say they're only here "to annoy" others. Why bother?
>
> Even after resetting, ROBERT DARBY bought me, no doubt to give me another one of his offensive nicknames. The app is now BLOCKED. Have fun with the hatefest!

Happy to PM the link to anyone, its great for a laugh.

@УvøgêÑ:

> [IG] link=topic=38450.msg381640#msg381640 date=1235369477]
> Well after a few tearful PM's from a certain someone… i went to the link, and lo and behold found out why he doesnt want any of us to see it... lets see hmm.. the first comment on the list will do...
>
> Happy to PM the link to anyone, its great for a laugh.

I find those amusing too by the way.  I also did ask you to not post a link to my game, period.  But thank you for ignoring that.

And the reviews are there for a reason.  She didn't like having her guild taken away, and she complained.  Lets others know that this isn't a game where you sit around and everything is a nice happy community.  You fight over your team members.

Every game has a bad review at some point for something or another and I don't mind them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@Valkevil:

> Can you put a donate to my game button on your website? Is that legal and stuff?

Not really the place to put this, but yes you may ask for donations. But you need to have your own graphic and sound content to be clear (or be sure the terms of use of your content allows you to do that).

Do you know what is really sad?

This topic started off at "I'm currently thinking about making a game using Eclipse to go along with a bigger game that's already fairly successful (not a 2d mmo) and I was wondering if I could charge a small subscription fee or take money in exchange for in game items (an item mall kind of thing, sort of…). I've only got the stuff (sprites, scripts etc...) that came with the Eclipse engine for right now. How much would I have to customize assuming this is even an option."

And now it turned into a nice story.

I enjoyed reading this, thanks for the entertainment!

And, you can make money using Eclipse, but you would have to make your own sprites,items,tiles,etc unless someone gives you permission to use their things commercially.

• 3 weeks later...
So if i made a game using eclipse i could make an option to make money off of it as long as i have my own sprites scripts….ect?

Or if not is there any way that i could make money off the ecplipse (making a game)

:D if you know please tell me ;3

@dark4daez:

> So if i made a game using eclipse i could make an option to make money off of it as long as i have my own sprites scripts….ect?
>
> Or if not is there any way that i could make money off the ecplipse (making a game)
>
> :D if you know please tell me ;3

And option, wait… What?

To answer your question, refer to reply #91 (two posts above you); near the end.

i'm sorry… but im kinda dissapointed in the eclipse community overall... talk about jerks.  attempt to have a tiny bit of empathy.  see where the guy is coming from.
he made a game he doesnt really like.
he doesnt want to post it.
so what?
u could have stopped bickering and pestering the guy as u did and just left it alone.
i know, sounds  bit crazy.

blah. im done.

@symphonia117:

> i'm sorry… but im kinda dissapointed in the eclipse community overall... talk about jerks.  attempt to have a tiny bit of empathy.  see where the guy is coming from.
> he made a game he doesnt really like.
> he doesnt want to post it.
> so what?
> u could have stopped bickering and pestering the guy as u did and just left it alone.
> i know, sounds  bit crazy.
>
> blah. im done.

Woah, when did you get back???

I'm with Devogen on this all the way. I've heard of ignorant people, but that takes the cake. Over all this thread has been funny, but People let me say(to OP) A)IF ANYONE PAYS FOR ANYTHING THAT IS ON MYSPACE/FACEBOOK THEY ARE RETARDED. B) The eclipse community is tired of seeing scammers/noobs/idots and just plain ignorant people. I've read it all and I think a Certain funny admin should start editing posts and point out some reasons why this is sticky-ed.

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> Woah, when did you get back???

a while ago, i just dont post very often… and this thread is a prime example of why.  people being jerks.... i know that not everyone is but this is kinda sad honestly...

@azure:

> I'm with Devogen on this all the way. I've heard of ignorant people, but that takes the cake. Over all this thread has been funny, but People let me say(to OP) A)IF ANYONE PAYS FOR ANYTHING THAT IS ON MYSPACE/FACEBOOK THEY ARE RETARDED. B) The eclipse community is tired of seeing scammers/noobs/idots and just plain ignorant people. I've read it all and I think a Certain funny admin should start editing posts and point out some reasons why this is sticky-ed.

A) well you could say that paying for any online game service or item service is dumb then.  if its a game and u like it enough then u pay for it.  same goes for mmorpgs and console games.  u liked halo 2, so u pay for halo 3.  and u can sah halo 3 is better than any facebook game but thats just ur personal likes and dislikes.  anybody who says what u just said is retarded.

B) scammers= yes.. i dont like them either
noobs= *looks at azure*  um…. ill just stop there.
idiots= .... need i repeat myself?
ignorant people= .... eveidently i do need to.. ahem... azure.

i also want to know why this is stickied.  all its doing is showing newcommers what jerks some of the forum users can be.  i see no point in advertising that.  i suppose the original intention was to basically outline what had to be done to make money using eclipse.  but i think that thats a lost cause now.