Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GUI Sample

Aydan

Hey everyone. My game's been kinda quiet the last few weeks since I've been busy but thanks to help from a good friend **(CHIEF)** I have been able to get a small basic GUI done.

As most of you may see it is based off another GUI ;)

**Before anyone moans I have had a thumbs up from ZoSo himself and he's cool with it all.**

Again this is only a simple GUI for now. Who knows what might happen in the future or how it will change.

Here's a tiny sample of what it looks like so far. Just figured I'd share it.

.PS. lay off the "not original" comments since no one's game is original since they all use other peoples graphics and buttons.

Thanks for your time.

![](http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2920/guiyay.png)

The GUI is actually original in terms of the colour/wood theme.

I spoke to Zoso about using the old GUI as a template for my game with changes here and there to make it my own style and taste and he was more than happy to let me since he has a new GUI coming up and you can't really say no since millions more games use the same GUI style no doubt.

The only GFX I used were RM2K. However the icons on the GUI are actually for RMXP. Found them on some japanese rmxp site before haha.

thanks for the nice rating though :)

I'm looking for ways to improve it too if anyone has ideas.

@AydanWatkins:

> The GUI is actually original in terms of the colour/wood theme.
>
> The ideas are from SIlverdale. I spoke to Zoso about using the old GUI as a template for my game with a few changes here and there and he was more than happy to let me since he has a new GUI coming up and all that.
>
> The only GFX I used were RM2K. However the icons on the GUI are actually for RMXP. Found them on some japanese rmxp site before haha.
>
> thanks for the nice rating though :)
>
> I'm looking for ways to improve it too if anyone has ideas.

hey hey hey. dont get all defensive. i meant, haven't you shown this to us before? I recall the same rm2k sprites, the same mapping style, same name i believe. but you showed us a wip or something. it looked really cool.

are you actually makign a game? if sow hen will it be out?

lol I wasn't being defensive in anyway!! :) sorry if it came across that way :D

Anyways yeah, I have been working on a game in the shadows. I just need to get some more work done with the engine's core code before I start mapping properly and doing other in game stuff.

Hopefully I can get something very basic done soon and just release it for people to try out. We'll see :)

I just hope I can get a decent fan base for it, since it's the old school style. Many people seem put off by the old school RM2K looks since most people here are RMXP Whores.

Ahh yes the old version :D

Heh good days them. I was still hoping to one day use the transparent chatbox however I won't bother trying or testing with that kinda stuff till 3.0 since in DX7 it's a little laggy.

When 3.0 comes out I have some huge idea's and plans for the game however since it probably won't be out for some time I figured I'd start with 2.7 and just upgrade.

rofl sorry, I did say by a good friend, didn't mean for it to seem that way. Lemme edit it :)

First post Changed.

Chief FTW.

Eclipse obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it on an ECLIPSE forum XD

Thanks for the comments guys got some stuff coming soon hopefully. Just a bit busy with life at the moment but if there are those who really will play it and all that I'll try my hardest to get something done soon.

@[G2D:

> УVO link=topic=41543.msg415362#msg415362 date=1238799367]
> Looks like you went backwards from your WIP…  no more transparent windows? tbh your WIP in-game shot was much better.

The old WIP was based from Mirage Source. I could try porting the code over but I'm not sure if Eclipse would run it fast enough. I was thinking of waiting for V3 and implementing it back in.

@Xavi:

> The actual gui is great, but it doesn't go with the 8-bit game… at all...

Go back and learn about game generations. There's a huge difference between this and 8bit.

@Tyr:

> this is what a GUI should be imo… sadly you stole the idea from ZoSo (yes i read your entire post)
> still, 7/10

I wouldn't say "stolen" but yeah I know what you mean. The thing is how many other games have you seen the similar idea in? Same with even the default GUI for Eclipse. It's not like a million other games don't use one similar.

If anyone want's to try the game out a little bit (pretty much nothing to do but test some junk) feel free to PM me.