Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

Hey Mr.Miggu Please! Please! Please!
Can you make PV become fuulscreen Because i always get error with PicScreen when i try to change the Size,I am already Change the map X and Y in ModConstats So if you can…,Just give me The download link..Thank you :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@narut0no:

> Hey Mr.Miggu Please! Please! Please!
> Can you make PV become fuulscreen Because i always get error with PicScreen when i try to change the Size,I am already Change the map X and Y in ModConstats So if you can…,Just give me The download link..Thank you :)

*facepalms*

@narut0no:

> Hey Mr.Miggu Please! Please! Please!
> Can you make PV become fuulscreen Because i always get error with PicScreen when i try to change the Size,I am already Change the map X and Y in ModConstats So if you can…,Just give me The download link..Thank you :)

Sure,why not,he will make another engine just for you 10x better and he will add many features.
Merry Christmas –>-->---->-----  :star:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, know someone tell me how could you leave the picscreen this size.

![](http://i45.tinypic.com/whgyyq.jpg)
PicScreen RESOLVED.

I now have another problem.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2yn2r6d.jpg
tileset does not appear where the mouse is pointing

Thanks in advance.

@onzinho:
It seems like when you adjusted the size of the screen, you didn't account for the offset in relation to recording where the cursor is. So the tile may be rendered under the mouse, but placing that tile down with throw it down-right a bit since the screen renders larger.

Still not sure, though. It's hard to tell when I don't know exactly you've messed around with.

MrMiguu, I edited the following lines, in client and server in modConstants.
Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 24
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 10.03

and the map editor, -> Map Sizes. according to the resolution 800/30-1…..

Thanks in advance.

@onzinho:

> MrMiguu, I edited the following lines, in client and server in modConstants.
> Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 24
> Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 10.03
>
> and the map editor, -> Map Sizes. according to the resolution 800/30-1…..
>
> Thanks in advance.

And that works ? lol
I don't think so…      ^  like Erwin said

• 5 weeks later...
Could anyone help me with this problem?

I changed the jump animation in the source, so it uses a jump sprite instead of a walking sprite

However, if I jump, every other player in the game also changes to the jump animation.
Also, when someone else jumps, he doesn't change to the jump sprite (unless you jump yourself)

I hope someone can help me with this.
Thank you!

@hedgy:

> Could anyone help me with this problem?
>
> I changed the jump animation in the source, so it uses a jump sprite instead of a walking sprite
>
> However, if I jump, every other player in the game also changes to the jump animation.
> Also, when someone else jumps, he doesn't change to the jump sprite (unless you jump yourself)
>
> I hope someone can help me with this.
> Thank you!

Looks like you're not correctly sending which player is jumping, look at the things you've modified and see if there is an index added to packets to send to all clients which player is jumping, and then handle at client that player 'index' is jumping.

@Erwin:

> Looks like you're not correctly sending which player is jumping, look at the things you've modified and see if there is an index added to packets to send to all clients which player is jumping, and then handle at client that player 'index' is jumping.

I suppose this is the code that needs to be modified for this
```
        ' If not attacking, jump/fall normally
        If Not OnGround Then
            Select Case GetPlayerInertia(Index)
                Case DIR_UP
                    Anim = 4
                Case DIR_DOWN
                    Anim = 4
            End Select
```
But I don't know how I can add player(index) to this. The old PV code is exactly the same, only the animation numbers are different. So any help would be appreciated.

@hedgy:

> But I don't know how I can add player(index) to this.

Even if you did, the index on your client for other players' indexes wouldn't change because their animation change isn't being sent to the server and back to your client.

**[Update]**
Got my lazy ass to work on PV _again_. Found out the stupid reason why EO's attacking animation never worked. There was a packet for it, it just wasn't assembled server-sided (it was called, however). I fixed that and the jumping/falling/landing animation desyncs with viewing other players. All is _n-sync_ (haha).

Going to add the parallax background layers right now and then work on re-implementing the dynamic _smooth_ animation system in again. This time, it won't fuck over the server with tons of packets. One packet will go in signaling the start of a specific character's animation sequence. I might look into adding a packet-flooding protection system against spammers (rapidly changing the character's animations).

I want to implement the old animation system. I don't want to try and remember. Any of you _old_fags have the old PV source? Or at least the animation file (to customize exact frames and etc.)…

Mrmiguu can you add quests ,pets and the ban system was broke  in the next update of PVO????
And BTW i love the engine (Im also using it and adding the pets and quests myself)

i fixed the ban system by changing
filename
into
"appdata/data/banlist.txt"
or something like that

And the map properties is also bugged especially the music

@MrMiguu:

> I want to implement the old animation system. I don't want to try and remember. Any of you _old_fags have the old PV source? Or at least the animation file (to customize exact frames and etc.)…

I've found this in some old files. http://www.mediafire.com/?ddjmueenky856i9

Nice to hear that you're working again on this :)

@Alatar:

> I've found this in some old files.

Thank you so much, man. I looked for a couple of hours through my old PV thread posts and found someone citing the old source with the frame constants. This is much better, though. Thanks again!

@santa-clause:

> Mrmiguu can you add […]

Sorry, big bro. No-can-do. Those things aren't vital to make a top-down game engine into a side-scrolling engine.

@santa-clause:

> i fixed the ban system by changing
> filename
> into
> "appdata/data/banlist.txt"
> or something like that
>
> And the map properties is also bugged especially the music

I will look into these. Thanks for letting me know! :)

Well…

_It's late into the night. Not a creature was stirring_ (inspired by santa-clause's name?)_. Well–Miguu was._

It's 3:30AM and I just finished the parallax background storing for the maps. It wasn't too much trouble. Keeping track of methods that require your new variables is tough work. Especially when you don't know each vital method required for variable storage. Luckily for me, I understand that packet sending and receiving need to hold the same parcels of data to work properly. If you send a background value to the client, the client should be expecting the package (and vice versa).

Last thing to do until the system is complete is just to render it. That's the easy part.

After, I'm going to dive right into the dynamic animation system that I promised you guys. I'm going to keep it simple. No ladder climbing/weapon-specific attack frames/etc. Just jumping/falling/running/walking/standing/&attacking. Sorry if I've disappointed any of you, but that's how things are going to go down.

It's going to pretty much be the old system, except _optimized_.

@santa-clause:

> i fixed the ban system by changing
> filename
> into
> "appdata/data/banlist.txt"
> or something like that
>
> And the map properties is also bugged especially the music

Actually, I just tested my ban system. Works just fine. The music in the map editor is a-ok, too. You sure your version isn't screwy? I haven't touch those systems since downloading EO 2.0 and they're still good.