Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Düsk:

> could you make the jumping height constant?

Yeah, but what about those that want variable jump height? I can go back 'n forth all day on this subject, but one system has to be packaged with the vanilla code. I'd prefer to leave it as it is since setting a jump height to a constant is extremely easy.

Variable jump height is a system that most amatures can't figure out right away. If I leave it in, they have an easy alternative.

@Minato:

> I need tilesets for PV,who have? t.t

Request in the child board of the _Resources_ board, _Request Resources_.

~~[UPDATE]
**I'm giving up PVO and PV for good.**

I'm tired of working on this engine for a bunch of kids. It's not worth my time. I'm a full-time college student and I don't need this project holding back my studies. If any of you guys want to make side-scrollers from Eclipse, DO IT YOURSELF.~~

**April Fools!**

@Düsk:

> Hahah, this is another easy one but maybe make turning? With walk through mobs it makes for confusing battles.

There is turning. It's the 'HOME' key in the current version. It will become the 'END' key in the next release.

@Düsk:

> Also, mobs dont seem to fall, either that or spawning mobs in the air keeps them frozen there.

The code doesn't correct for NPC/monster physics. They operate on the normal top-down system. (Though, technically everyone does. If you edit the map, you can see that admins can tool around the map in the same fashion.)

• 3 weeks later...
@Daon:
I tried installing Microsoft VS Web Dev. the other day. Since it's ASP and enjoys taking complete control, it likes stealing port 80, as well. The problem will be fixed momentarily. Thank you for letting me know.

**Edit:**
Fixed. I was right.

@narut0no:

> Mr.Miggu do you still have the project Vertigo Using Eclipse Stable..? Because Eclipse origin version dont show attack animation and jump animation And i need,So if you still have it Please give me the download link…

I don't know why you want to use it so bad,you can easily edit to have attacking animations and jumping animation in this new version,beside the older version is kinda bugged
Anyhow here it is
[http://freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a2633c0444b2a959db36f2b4e4a9b3d6.zip](http://freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a2633c0444b2a959db36f2b4e4a9b3d6.zip)

@narut0no:

> Mr.Miggu do you still have the project Vertigo Using Eclipse Stable..? Because Eclipse origin version dont show attack animation and jump animation And i need,So if you still have it Please give me the download link…

You're better off learning how to program and adding that into EO's version yourself. ES's version was terrible…

Looking forward to getting the jump/attack animations fix :)  Will continue working on the custom tileset until then.  PVO is a life saver :)

edit:  I came across this topic:  http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,78677.msg843821.html#msg843821

It sounds like it's a good step in the right direction, I'm going to see if it can't be applied to jumping.

@hedgy:
Not yet. My semester is almost to a close. I will have time to work on it then (in a few weeks).

@7Eleven:
That thread is a step in the right direction. I remember not needing to create an entirely new packet for global animations. I used the _.Step_ variable within the players' type.

@ramoneknot:

> Any update on pv? :) (Can't wait for the animated sprite system like the old version. :) ) ²

He would already post if there were any news,just have patience ^^

@ramoneknot:

> Any update on pv?

@Lumiere:

> He would already post if there were any news […]

I always have. You can look back thoughout the entire history of this thread and see that for almost every time I've updated the engine, I have consequently posted the update in fair detail.