Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Creativity at a critical level in eclipse games

Zyvo

@Keebler:

> In what way. Dont just say it is creative. Give us a example or maby a link to that example.
>
> (and mods im not trying to do your job im actualy asking a question, since i always get like +30 warning for this i thought id tell you this time :( )

Check his signature XD
Or his Recruiting Center topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,47344.0.html

EDIT: For the record Keebler, the only time you got warnings for that sort of thing, was when you did it in the Recruiting Center, when you're only suppose to reply if you're joining the user's dev team; replies are disabled now in that board, because of it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[SB:

> ƒℓєт¢нєя link=topic=47135.msg484548#msg484548 date=1246465155]
> Ok if your american its a ladybug

Weird. You british are weird.
@Mr.:

> That means you have a Wii.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Hippoman:

> Nope.
> No exceptions.
> And you can tell kreator that.
> the game will be great, but fangames are unoriginal.
> id rather turn around and continue beating the firetemple, because that dragon is a hungry!
> (seriously im playing OoT right now.)

Yeah, unoriginal, but that wasn't the argument. Kusy said "don't do it", implying that fan games are instant fail. Executed correctly, though, fan games CAN be good, but those who attempt fan games are generally unskilled, as history has shown us. WoH consists of 3 very talented (ex?) Eclipsers. It'll be good. Once you see it, (you will shit brix, yeah, I know) you'll be amazed. It's looking great.

In Havock, you start off as a newb, and go through a specialized "school tutorial" where you are a small schoolchild learning basic stuff, and then disaster strikes. The school is attacked, and your village is burned down. From there, you are put into the Wizard's guild and learn magic, leave for a bit, and then you have a choice, you can go to the circus(learn to be a rogue), or you can join a wrestling league(learn to be a warrior), or stay a wizard. From there, you diversify(for warrior: Ranger[bow and sword], Knight[sword], Crossbowman[cross bow], for mage: Fire Magician[use fire and smoke], Arcane Magician[non-combat themed], Water Magician[healing, damage{lightning}, and slow{ice}], for rogue: Assassin[poison based], Thief[pickpocket FTW], or finally Merchant[learn another trade skill]) by doing various things(circus example, a guy robs you, you can choose to knock him out, steal it back, or alert the guards). This also chooses your alignment, but that doesn't do much as you can change it later. From there, it's an open world.

I think someone should do like a sci-fi mmo. That would be kool, or some kind of horror mmo, but i do agree something original would be nice. I would write story and shit like that for anyone that would be interested in it, and give ideas. Just ask and i will right something up and send it to ya.

I actually did away with classes and am letting the player create their character the way they see fit but using the class system as a title system.. ;) so after completing certain quests you get titles. :D which could open up  new areas for your character to venture forth in.

@Omega:

> Yeah, unoriginal, but that wasn't the argument. Kusy said "don't do it", implying that fan games are instant win. Executed correctly, though, fan games CAN be good, but those who attempt fan games are generally unskilled, as history has shown us. WoH consists of 3 very talented (ex?) Eclipsers. It'll be good. Once you see it, (you will shit brix, yeah, I know) you'll be amazed. It's looking great.

ive seen it.
also lol at the word filter for Fai-l to fail.

> An MMO with an end

why not, if the story+gameplay goes on long enough…  like you have to play 30-50 hours to reach the end or somethin.... i think that's a cool idea =P and you have to build up a team or its even much harder to reach the goal....i like this o.0