Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse++

Marsh

Well its pretty late right now (or early i should say) but i will try to catch you on msn on sunday or monday my days off.

But what i need graphics wise is some GUI components. Also i dont know how good you are at spriting but it is really hard to find 8 directional sprites the two i am currently using are the only ones i can find. Cool logos / a website for better promotion are all good though. It really depends on how much time you wish to put into the project and where you skill set lies.

I definitely need more pieces of the GUI done if you would be into that. like i said i shall try to catch you on msn on my weekend if you are availible. You can also hop on the game and see how it is going.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it's too early for a discussion of that topic but
The script engine, could you just take that style of eAthena (Rag emu)
It would be something like
```
mapname,posX,posY,FaceDirectionScrptTypeNameScriptname(unique)NpcViewNr,
{
  say "... some text...";
  close;
}

```So this NPC with scripttype: "Script" would just say "… some text..." and close the dialog.
I really appriciate this style, which is somehow based on c syntax.
It would be sooo easy for everybuddy to learn this =x
I'm going to implement it in myproject for sure..

"As for Lua, it is a high performance scripting language. The high performance was the deciding factor, we needed a language that was fast, fast, fast. Also, it easily integrates to C++."
—in a Blizzcon 2009 Q&A session.

If Blizzard uses it its good enough for me.

I really like the syntax in the one that you showed Displaced since i love working with c syntax it makes things easier once you know it. But i think i will stick with LUA

Finally got npcs back to where it was before i had to rewrite the system for multiple npcs. So you can attack get experience level up etc.

Basically looks the same still but yea.
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/3570ad904b9422499a74c48c7ab249b9.png)

Also it now uses a custom cursor. So if you really wanted to you can change your game cursor. For some reason screen shots dont capture my mouse. Also the speed stat now increases your actual movement speed. Thanks to In7el3ct for the speed algorithm and code, The more you put into it the less effective it becomes.

Normal eclipse style? yeah, thats just nonsense. if you could add features to make something better, you would. you wouldnt be like, oh thats really good, but its just not normal… physics would help with a crap load of stuff, not just platformer games.

platformer games are boring? how bout we keep our useless opinions to ourselves, and no, physics help with more. if you want to be able to jump in a regualr adventure game, physics. if you want great effects for item drops, physics. if you want something like gravity for ranged weapons, physics. if youre not stupid, and you want to expand the playability of your game and the way you maneuver in it, physics. it ads for a more natural immersive gameplay. weigh the facts before you decide what is or isnt helpful.

platform games are indeed boring, Extremely limited movement along the x axis mostly, some y for your elevation. Item effects needing physics, thats crazy it can be done without. The only thing that comes close to your phony physics is a picture moving along a y axis, sometimes x, at a set speed; If it was true physics there would be much more involved. and now I have finished my random outburst of what is most likely crap that has little or no value of facts.

Chief, you are so right. XD It would be awesome if you could jump in a NORMAL eclipse game, like over blocks and stuff.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Damn. Draothgorin, platformers arent boring. Your just stupid. :)

@Mr.Apples:

> Chief, you are so right. XD It would be awesome if you could jump in a NORMAL eclipse game, like over blocks and stuff.
>
> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
>
> Damn. Draothgorin, platformers arent boring. Your just stupid. :)

no flaming pl0x