Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Harder Warnings

Marsh

As someone who's been fairly and unfairly muted, banned, suspended on this board - I think its a good
idea for a review of current moderation procedures.

For example, if, As a moderator or Admin, you see a post that you feel is inappropriate - instead
of creating a mountain out of a molehil…  how about just removing the offending post?

Is moderation and administration about keeping the forum clean, concise and on topic? or is it about
playing internet god with your hand on the banhammer.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Proximity:

> I was reffering to you acting like a mod in this thread.

I get bored alot, so i have nothing else to do except trying to help eclipse be a better place. Is this wrong?
I also only said that because _its the rules_ so if your disagreeing with me, please say so. Thanks :)

I didn't read any of the replies, don't take me on that.

I agree that eclipse isn't the same place anymore.. things actually do go out of hand alot.
I once got warned in the beginning, for a silly necropost (I was a real noob) and tbh, i was suprised that it just dissapeared after some time!

In any case, I think this is a great step forward.. A few more admins could help, as the boards keep growing everyday.

Thats all I have to say, so far.

@Hippoman:

> Backseat moderating is the MOST stupid rule I have ever seen on the forums.
>
> All we are trying to do is help them. Either before a moderator gets to them and warns them, or just so they know.
>
> And sometimes a moderator never sees that post, what then?

i agree totally on this. sure, some guys will take that and use it for their own good, but most of us are just trying to help…

if it was me, and lucky for eclipse its not XD, i would take that stupid rule out.

Damian666

but i think there is a difference between helping noobs, and actual back seat modding missy ^^

the real backseat stuff, yes, agreed, but the helping… no way.

and read above to see what happened to owen when he tried to help :/

thats exactly what i mean, because of that rule, they tell ya your doing it, and else it would be helping...

Damian666

@Godlord:

> Dear Marsh,
>
> I agree with your measurements and came to conclusion that these should have been take some time ago. Yesterday I've decided to take my attitude back down to what it was and I will try to answer threads more properly, as might have been noticed already. I'm sorry for any trolling, de-railing, etc. caused by myself on these forums and it will as for now, not happen any longer in the future, although neither in the present. The only boards where I actually will still post like this are probably the boards referred to as 186 and perhaps Chit Chat, if with reason or in my own topics.
>
> Kind regards,
>   Godlord.

You didn't say that when you got agro and left.

@korky:

> You didn't say that when you got agro and left.

What's your problem?

@Bone:

> Although I wonder if the mods go through the reported posts, but they must, right?

When I was a global moderator I did. Now I'm a board moderator so there are hardly ever any reports.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is on the tpic of warnings, but you see, most MODs are american, and in the morning when a lot of spam/flaming goes on, they aren't there, so it will just continue.

By morning I mean GMT.

What I'm saying is, maybe to make sure these warnings are enforced, we need a couple of morning mods, who are on GMT ior and hour behind or ahead.