Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amount of failed games

anasky

I was wondering, since I think I've done way to many games.
How many games did you have created/ developed by now?
I mean, the Work in Progress board is stiffed with all kinds of games who don't have a development team anymore!
So, what is your record, and what is your average game per month rate?

Anasky:
Amount of Games: (Ages of Fantasy, Pokemon, Chricic, Pokemon, Digimon): 5
Amount of days I've been on this forum: 14
Amount of games created per month: 0,3571428571428…

Now you!

I only have one game that failed cause of Engine.

DreamWorldOnline :
Failed on ALL Mirage-Based Engine, starting from Mirage Source to EE 2.7(This include PlayerWorld, Extreme, vbGORE, Elysium and many more). Hoping I will success on Java SE.
Failed on First Star Online Beta Engine. Later on, failed on First Star Online 1.2 and 1.6(I bought both of them).
Failed on Custom Engine.
Failed at failing. Seriously…I been working on that game since I was...idk 6?

The reasons are....I'm too busy and I'm lazy. There is no engine that will satisfied you unless you build a Custom Engine.
So I did build my custom engine. First in VB.Net then C++ then Java. All of them fail. Why? Cause I don't know that much.
I only know a little of each language. I can only make little adjustment to the already done Engine.
That's why I decided to wait for SE.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Equilibrium, which was kind of my test into making games with Eclipse, and now I'm working on [R]eon, which is 100% custom (besides the engine and some scripts) and I've been working on steadily for a while now, although it's slowing up some because of school starting up.

I had one in the actual making (About two years ago), and another one is dev, and another one in scripting stages (Like just making scripts and scripts), but none have ever made it more than a month of dev. I bounce from one idea to another too quickly.

I do have some good ideas, and may use 3.0 to try them out, or Novalis. Don't know much about novalis though.

@[SawQuart:

> Jungletoe link=topic=51871.msg545770#msg545770 date=1253043168]
> 2, Lords Of Nobility (ditched that waaay back) and Falcasia. Ive restarted on Falcasia about 4 times now. I dont think it'll happen again :)

Normal :P The first game pretty much always fails XD

@xelander:

> 10000+.
> All fail.

That, I doubt :P

@Tyr:

> Aura: The Beginning. well thats it :D
> oww crap, shouldn't have posted: its not fail -_-

Wait… that is your first game you've ever made???

@Rithy58:

> I only have one game that failed cause of Engine.
>
> DreamWorldOnline :
> Failed on ALL Mirage-Based Engine, starting from Mirage Source to EE 2.7(This include PlayerWorld, Extreme, vbGORE, Elysium and many more). Hoping I will instant win on Java SE.
> Failed on First Star Online Beta Engine. Later on, failed on First Star Online 1.2 and 1.6(I bought both of them).
> Failed on Custom Engine.
> Failed at failing. Seriously…I been working on that game since I was...idk 6?
>
> The reasons are....I'm too busy and I'm lazy. There is no engine that will satisfied you unless you build a Custom Engine.
> So I did build my custom engine. First in VB.Net then C++ then Java. All of them fail. Why? Cause I don't know that much.
> I only know a little of each language. I can only make little adjustment to the already done Engine.
> That's why I decided to wait for SE.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

Eclipse fits my needs 99% :P You should suggest things that you want extra.

@Irhymer:

> Wow, now that you mention it. I dont have any failed projects! (eclipse at least)
>
> Unless you count the eclipse tcg (not eclipse) which failed twice  :P
>
> Other then that, Oturan for life!  XD

Well done then.

@Lenton:

> I came here with one game and have kept it for 2 years. Even though the name has changed twice it's still the same game.

Name changed -.-

@KillerRazor:

> My original Halo game. That never even got anywhere xD. Not surprising. Honestly.

Halo shouldn't be 2d XD

@Antidote:

> Equilibrium, which was kind of my test into making games with Eclipse, and now I'm working on [R]eon, which is 100% custom (besides the engine and some scripts) and I've been working on steadily for a while now, although it's slowing up some because of school starting up.

So is Ages of Fantasy for me too, except for the working steadily…

@Bone:

> I had one in the actual making (About two years ago), and another one is dev, and another one in scripting stages (Like just making scripts and scripts), but none have ever made it more than a month of dev. I bounce from one idea to another too quickly.

I bounce off to quickly too :(

Oh btw, being a mapper of a game also counts as a developer.
So far, I think I've got the record :(

@Anasky:

> Wait… that is your first game you've ever made???

well one that deserves the title "game". Rest was just messing around.. trying to code and stuff. Couldn't even be called a project… playing would be a more relevant title.

So basically, yes.

Let's see … we'll I don't like saying my projects have failed, just that they have been put on hold while I work on other things. Let's go down the list shall we?

- **Zanduil (Original):** My first game and expanded to about 30-40 pretty basic maps. Had a good amount of custom ideas, but not much graphics. No paperdoll at all.

- **Zanduil (Rebirth):** My second go at my new concept, reusing the name due to basically just expanding the gameplay. The world was planned to be made up of several islands totaling around 1000 maps. Custom graphics were being placed in the form of sprites. Due to it's size and scope, it never really made it far. The GUI was actually commissioned to Soljah, who I still keep in contact with. Having him offer to help me, a then n00b, with a GUI really made me experience the relationships shared with this community.

- **Ashes (BoM Game):** My first team game and when I first got to know Spike, Niko, DG, Emblem and Grey. Really great group to work with and I was thrilled to join the team as the advertising and minor graphics member. As most of the vets now, the game was going to be pretty large, surpassing even 7 Nations planned size. However, the team work slowly dwindled down over time and the project came to a halt.

- **AH:** After leaving Ashes, I began work on my first full custom game, AH (of which I am never releasing the name of because it is still being periodical worked on). This was one of the first times I really started working with customizing the engine and graphics. Also during this time, I met Goddie, whom became a great friend of mine. The game was to have around 500 maps to start, made of 4 islands circling a larger volcanic island (which was a full PvP area). Each month or so, new islands/items/systems would be released, increasing the size of the game world.

- **Dotz:** This game is probably hardly worth mentioning, but it kind of lead into my meeting of Imago and ICT. The game was to take on a unique look (similar to Emoobz, which hadn't been created yet) and was more of a social game. Due to a growing disinterest in the game, production came to a crashing halt.

- **Star Jumper**: After Dotz, I was approached by DrNova, whom also became a great friend, and DG to work on the anticipated title Star Jumper. This as many people know really isn't a failed game as more as a game I worked on and no longer do so. The community really enjoyed the concept and the team, along with Elder and Enigmax (who also became great mates to me), started cranking out stuff to the community, including two podcasts. However, work slowly stopped as DrNova left us and didn't pick back up until his return, at which I gave control over to him.

- **S&G**: Once I had left SJ, I had some time to work on honing my skills, during which Shits & Giggles was created. This game, which probably will never release, was just an time for me to get to know the newer versions of the engine better. During this period, I met some more long time friends, including Admiral and Mellowz.

- **Black Gauntlet**: As work progressed on S&G, I was approached by Enigmax to partner our studios in a development project on his old concept, the Black Gauntlet. It was to be a very expansive adventure/puzzle game which I deeply loved participating in. o.0 Studios (The partnership between Enigmax Studios and Adulese Designs, then Serpent Strike Productions) is still working on the project, though it has undergone a large amount of change.

Well, that's my game development history. Of course, I included only the games that I actually put work into and deserved titles. Certain aspects never made it in, but that's how it goes. Over the two and a half years I have been here, I know almost everyone (well the Vets at least) pretty well and I love talking with everyone. So yeah, I'm done rambling. End Transmission.

- Adulese

• 1 month later...