Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slym's Pixels: September 2009

These are my highlights of this month.

Frozen in Time

Removed, thanks to rippers.

This piece is a colaboration of my old work. Its obviously my worst piece of the month.

Roller Coaster Car

This piece was done for the pixel joint. Since there were no roller coaster pixel art pieces in the gallery.

Eden Online Tileset 2.0

I just recolored the tiles a little more. Probably won't use the recolor but it was fun to do.

Characters for ________.

Top Secret. :)

@Draothgorin:

> tiles are useless since their diagnolly

If I could completely revoke your rights to post on the GFX Showoff board, I would.

Slym, it all looks great. Never cease to put out great pixel art…now quit dickin around and make a game for the gameboy with your great art so I can tell everyone I know the dude that made those graphics.

@IceCream:

> Roller coaster cars are.. just eh.. Their nice.. but idk don't see much for them. Don't get me wrong. they are done well.

It sounds like you think my art is pretty bad. I mean for all means go ahead and edit one if you think you can improve it. And the rollercoaster cars, they are art. Art doesn't have to be for a game or a specific thing. They were made for fun. And they can easily be put into a rollercoast sim game.

The top is a scene. It is a bunch of old work put back together using colors that try to match an old picture. I could do it in color (which would allow me to make the whole image have more contrast, but it takes away the meaning of the piece.

@IceCream:

> Those faces are eh..

I will admit, I am confused. The faces are near perfection of a pixel art portrait for a character. I honestly don't understand why anyone would call them "eh…".

Like I said before, if you think you can improve this art, go ahead.

@[ð:

> slym]
> It sounds like you think my art is pretty bad. I mean for all means go ahead and edit one if you think you can improve it. And the rollercoaster cars, they are art. Art doesn't have to be for a game or a specific thing. They were made for fun. And they can easily be put into a rollercoast sim game.

Well If it isn't for a game it seems sorta incomplete. I did say it was nice.. It just looks blank.. just the cars.. maybe add a rail to it.. or the area people board the roller coaster carts.
@[ð:

> slym]
> I will admit, I am confused. The faces are near perfection of a pixel art portrait for a character. I honestly don't understand why anyone would call them "eh…".
>
> Like I said before, if you think you can improve this art, go ahead.

As for the faces. they look flat. and lack anatomical issues.. I/E Jaw lines.

Therefore they are eh.. since they have a cartoon feel like my current AVY.
If I was to edit it would be a complete revamp. If I have time today. I'll do it.

EDIT:
Okay.. Got a little time.. so.. did this.. Haven't shaded yet though.. but the line art should explain why its Eh…
![](http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2549/slym.png)

Well they are cartoon. They aren't supposed to be perfect anotomy. But I can see what you mean so I'll change it a bit. Thankyou for the edit.

There's nothing wrong with those faces - saying otherwise is a fail at accepting other's people style… You are eh...

Also - I beg you to stop posting things like "OMFG UUU! AAA! 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10" or I will have to warn you for idiocity. There are other ways of showing your amusment, and belive me you can show it with one constructive sentence.

Sooo Slym - you're back?

Frozen in time - yeah. Not a great work as you sayed yourself. Hard to see that landing thingy but I see some nice free-dee impression and it's nice. Seems too wide. 5/10

Coaster - nice looking yet really simple. Reminds me of Roller Coaster Tycoon and it's a good thing. Would give 6/10 - as sayed it looks nice but is really simple.

The tileset is nothing new, the recolour doesn't bring anything too new to it but it looks good itself. NO RATINGZ!

I really like those faces - the only thing that I would change are the bodies. Something seems wrong with the hands and those armplates or whatever that's called. Would give 7/10

Nothing really awesome since your last works I'we seen but you are who you are and and the quality level I would expect from you was reached. They are good.