Game Design Question

Dark Crusade

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anna:

> Yeah also one of the best Zombie games of all time is Zombies Ate My Neighbors! Which is pretty childish and cartoony too.
>
> Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
> Takes me to long to write a post right now.
> :icon_alabanza:

That's what marihuana does to people.

@Kreator:

> Theres not many good zombies games, especially mmorpgs. If you can find me a good 'serious' zombie orpg (not a parody), that is half decent, playable and has a decent amount of features and content, then I'll be happy. And no, dead frontier is not worthy. It's laggy as all hell, its got barely much to offer.

Now that you reread that, think how many ECLIPSE Zombie games there are.

One? The city.
If that fails, we need a backup.

Choice 2 ftw :)

I dream of a dark horror orpg, where players can barricade and build forts within houses, malls and churches, and survive. At night, the world is incredibly dangerous and even with a group of friends walking around is still not recommended, unless very well equipped. Instead, most players would be protecting their fort and co-operating. During the day there should be a few lone hordes, but most of them retreat to more dangerous places such as secluded alleys, mansions and graveyards.

During the day, players would scout for goods, items, try and make money, build their base etc. And of cause, once you get higher and stronger you'll be raiding mansions and graveyards and other dangerous areas with groups. Of cause, money will be hard to come by, and even more so- powerful weapons/ ammunition.

@Geno:

> i agree with flaw. zombies are becoming highly overrated. i admit that a good zombie is fun once in awhile, but as i said, they get used too often now. i've always wanted to play a game like the first one, something different, something fresh.

Hmm… How about a game of two worlds into one. A dark and light world with dark spirites, demons, ect in the dark world and normal more sane things like bunnies :D in the light world.

Its both kid friendly and GORE LOTS OF GORE o.o?

@Kreator:

> I dream of a dark horror orpg, where players can barricade and build forts within houses, malls and churches, and survive. At night, the world is incredibly dangerous and even with a group of friends walking around is still not recommended, unless very well equipped. Instead, most players would be protecting their fort and co-operating. During the day there should be a few lone hordes, but most of them retreat to more dangerous places such as secluded alleys, mansions and graveyards.
>
> During the day, players would scout for goods, items, try and make money, build their base etc. And of cause, once you get higher and stronger you'll be raiding mansions and graveyards and other dangerous areas with groups. Of cause, money will be hard to come by, and even more so- powerful weapons/ ammunition.

I think I'd play that.

I say for certain to go for #2\. From what I know, the only zombie game is The City. We need some more as most of them can be the same concept over and over again.

@Geno:

> Ever since SNES came out, there has been zombie games. Probably even before that. The first concept is definitely NOT way more common, as I have yet to see a decent one come out that doesnt say Hello Kitty in the title.

I'll list some zombie games:
L4D 1/2
Killing Floor
Dead Space 1/2/3(?)

Off the top of my head, those are the only ones I can think of. The first one is alot more common.

Kreator, when Zombies-Option win, make sure to make the zombies only come at night. That way in the daytime, people could chill, restock, etc. And survive for the night. If they dont come on in the night, that means they probally wont enjoy the game as much. Make sure there are some rewards for the people who kill zombies at night.

We also need a good time to vote on.

+8?

Im guessing everyone could make that, night would start at 6:30 PM, end at about 6:30 AM. Most people would be able to get on for a while, plus, people with school would have a small, but about at least 30 miniutes to get ready. If they dont, theyll have to come up with a strategy.

Make sure you have Barricades, Gernades, and probally a few types of knifes incase you run out of ammo.

Also, how are the graphics going to be? 64x64? Or kinda like counterstrike? (In Comparison)

@Rithy58:

> I have only one comment.
> You don't think 10-13 years old kid love to play violent game?
> If you think they hate violent, you need to drop out of Game Development.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

Dude, we all know, noone listens to RATED 2312\. Just with guns and gore, it would be the moviesh thing, where you cant watch dinasours without having to see a sign RATED 23+

Dont let the signs stop you. Play it anyways.

@Kreator:

> Couldn't agree more, the absolutely duck up thing about Australia is we don't have high ratings then 15+ for video games, so so many games get banned or censored. Fallout 3 censored, Left 4 Dead 2 banned (they'll probably release a censored version -_-)

Might aswell scrap most of the new games or import them.

@Kreator:

> I dream of a dark horror orpg, where players can barricade and build forts within houses, malls and churches, and survive. At night, the world is incredibly dangerous and even with a group of friends walking around is still not recommended, unless very well equipped. Instead, most players would be protecting their fort and co-operating. During the day there should be a few lone hordes, but most of them retreat to more dangerous places such as secluded alleys, mansions and graveyards.
>
> During the day, players would scout for goods, items, try and make money, build their base etc. And of cause, once you get higher and stronger you'll be raiding mansions and graveyards and other dangerous areas with groups. Of cause, money will be hard to come by, and even more so- powerful weapons/ ammunition.

That sounds a lot like The Last Stand 1 & 2(Its a flash game). I like it.

Zombie games are very good. I personally would not play a game with option 1\. Its like not fun.

I can't really thing of anything else to post now but option 2 ftw.

@Freddy:

> Well people time zone is different. Some people have a life and others don't. More rewards for those who get on at night would not be fair.

It depends how much a person sleeps.

Imagine:

-8 Time zone
Starts at 5:00, ends at 5:00

American: Happy, I dont see why not
Australian: He/She might have to use night as day and day as night.

A average human has 24 hours in his day

He sleeps from 6-10 hours, lets call it 8.

24-8=16

Some people have 6 hours of school, depends on weekend.

16-6=10

Dinner, and homework take about 2-3 hours.

10-3=7

Thats 7 hours for free time.
Even with a busy soccer game, etc, it still should be easy to make it.

And if a player cant get on often, for daytime etc, he would go on the weekends.

7+6=13

THIRTEEN HOURS OF TIME ON WEEKENDS.

And yes, it WOULD be a TINY bit unfair, I find it more unfair that people live longer by not logging on at night.