Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coastal City Map<warning, huge=""></warning,>

Dark Crusade

While exploring my harddrive, I came across a very old client with some maps on it that I done, for no reason in particular. Since I've neither used them nor showed them off, I thought I'd show them off here.

A few things to keep in mind, firstly I peiced together the maps in paint, and I am aware that there is a few transitions that were a few pixels off. secondly, I am aware that some of the map transitions are off or akward, such as almost identical houses, or higher/lower wall elevations. Lastly, this map is at least a year and a half old.

Comment anyway. Maybe it will give someone ideas or something.

![](http://i50.tinypic.com/2modwty.png)

@Anna:

> I like how it's actually a city and not an empty plaza with 2 buildings.

Hehe I know aye

@Ranzo:

> very nice ;)
> my only concerns are the ships with no way to get out (those kinds of ships cant go backwards) :P

I never really thought about it, but I'm going to assume that the ship has a heap of oarsman or something.

@Marsh:

> Great looking map, a few different kinds of houses would be neat. Also the ships look kind of narrow to me. Though i guess that is more the tileset used then the actual map.

Yeah, default tilesets.

@Cyprien:

> I like, but some the builds don't seem go go together like Inn and the right side of the Inn.

Supposed to be like that. xD

@Ddunit:

> I love it.
>
> You have a full mapped city?
> O.o

Yes, all indoors and sewer done too. Just got bored and mapped it one day ages back.

@defendersdef:

> omg, i give a 100000/2 great job!

Thanks

@Anna:

> Looking at it again, it reminds me of Alberta from RO. :azn:

I'll assume thats a good thing. ;D

@Nobody:

> hey where did you get tiles for the signs i looked in the standard tile sets and couldn't find them  :lipsrsealed:

No idea I assume they were included with default tiles.

• 4 weeks later...
I am really late, but I've been unable to even get online for a couple months. >_<

I know this is an old map and all but I'll still throw in my two cents.

1\. Both those ships are docked in such a way that it's going to take a jump to get into port. D:

2\. City lacks a central hub, which most cities should have. :P  (especially considering this is a coastal city, you'd think there'd be a trading hub.)

3.  Too many barrels in random places.  I mean, I know it's coastal, and they're probably trading overseas, therefore need crates and barrels.  But how many people are just going to leave a barrel or crate sitting outside their house? xD

4\. Ramparts on the walls look really strange, and I can't imagine why they'd be there. =/

Otherwise, this looks really good.  It has the city flair that unfortunately eludes a whole bunch of mappers.