Find results in...

Robins Fan Club

java

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pryex:

> It's the same with all Christians I know.
>
> Apparently trheirm rules only apply to Christians.

Eh, I've got nothing against Christians. Hell, I was brought up as one.

What I do hate is when they're suddenly 'too good' to be around us lowly mortals anymore.

My Mum recently joined a Church and I was going through their materials out of boredom.

Some of the stuff is disturbing.

"Now that you're a Christian you should look around at your friends and decide whether you want to be around them anymore."

"It's not _always_ a person's fault when they get AIDS."

Pretty much every Christian I've met ignores the teachings they don't like and push the ones they do like down everyone's throat and lets it affect their lives too much.

tl;dr: Brainwashing.

lol, I can love you and not like you. Big difference. Robin, its not that I hate you, its that I dont like your attitude or sense of humor. I guess its just distasteful to me, but I suppose its personal preference really.

Also, the whole "dont hang out with your friends thing" is an issue. Whats realy supposed to happen, is if youve become a new born follower of Christ, youre supposed to take a look at who youre around and what kind of an influence they are on you. You dont just stop haing out with them, you limit your time and influence on you and try to share the love of Jesus with hem. sure, you dont believe in God or whatever, but sharing Love is never an issue.

Also, I guess I was a bit irritated before at someone saying that christians are brainwashed, but I suppose I agree that some are. like the ones who go to california and do street avangelism with signs and yelling and all sorts of forceful tactics that only push people away. those kidns of people have no brain for themselves and, like you said, pick and choose what to beleive, then force it onto others. This tends to heppen with organized religion. Even the purest things, we screw up, because were only human, and we're all dumb in ways.

I do not partake in forceful means, and am in no way affiliated with organized religion,a s I hate the words religion and religious. I'll believe on my own and have my relationship with God and not be accused of slander towards those of whom do not believe. Youre called to judge those of whom are also christ followers, but you are not allowed to judge those of whom are outside the body of christ. I hope to God I am in no way a hypocrite, and so I dont do things like street evangelism,a nd holding up signs.

@Chief:

> lol, I can love you and not like you. Big difference. Robin, its not that I hate you, its that I dont like your attitude or sense of humor. I guess its just distasteful to me, but I suppose its personal preference really.
>
> Also, the whole "dont hang out with your friends thing" is an issue. Whats realy supposed to happen, is if youve become a new born follower of Christ, youre supposed to take a look at who youre around and what kind of an influence they are on you. You dont just stop haing out with them, you limit your time and influence on you and try to share the love of Jesus with hem. sure, you dont believe in God or whatever, but sharing Love is never an issue.
>
> Also, I guess I was a bit irritated before at someone saying that christians are brainwashed, but I suppose I agree that some are. like the ones who go to california and do street avangelism with signs and yelling and all sorts of forceful tactics that only push people away. those kidns of people have no brain for themselves and, like you said, pick and choose what to beleive, then force it onto others. This tends to heppen with organized religion. Even the purest things, we screw up, because were only human, and we're all dumb in ways.
>
> I do not partake in forceful means, and am in no way affiliated with organized religion,a s I hate the words religion and religious. I'll believe on my own and have my relationship with God and not be accused of slander towards those of whom do not believe. Youre called to judge those of whom are also christ followers, but you are not allowed to judge those of whom are outside the body of christ. I hope to God I am in no way a hypocrite, and so I dont do things like street evangelism,a nd holding up signs.

I agree with the core Christian teachings. They're things all of us should try and stick to.

What I don't like is the scaremongering through misinformation and the subtleties in their literature which most people miss, but which hold a lot of meaning. This isn't something I hate about Christianity, however, it's what I hate about all mainstream religion.

If you're a Christian who follows the core teachings and do it not because you feel an obligation but because you enjoy it and believe it gives you spiritual guidance, then I'm all for that.

Hence the reason I'm agnostic. ;o

@Pink!:

> No one should preach their beliefs.

Agreed. I do however believe there to be a difference between random preaching and then sharing your beliefs to a willing audience, like a church, or those of whom are intrigued.

Also robin, lol, ive heard agnosticism called the "lazy mans atheism"

@Chief:

> Also robin, lol, ive heard agnosticism called the "lazy mans atheism"

Sounds like something an Atheist would say.

As I see it, Religion and Atheism are the two extremes. Agnosticism is as black and white, with many different variations.

My personal view is that there probably is a God, but I do not believe he's some old guy sitting in the clouds planting Fossils to try and and trick us.