Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Player1:

> Gotta love the fast releases, I think I'm going to take it easy trying to add my own things to the source, because Robin might end up releasing a newer version with what I tried to add if not better lol.

You can just see hes to do list.

@DawnOfEarth:

> thx for the great engine could your next release have quest system and a archer system were the arrows are take from your pack each shot this would be great I have seen others try to do this but seeing as you are the best I have seen I would like for you to do this thx

OHOH, I can answer this for Robin!

NO

Guys, you don't have to be so mean.  First of all, it's not your place to say no to him, it's Robin's.  Second of all, what's wrong with having a bow and arrow system implemented?  Sure, Robin may not want to do a quest system yet but wasn't there a bow and arrow system in past versions of Eclipse?  I don't know.  I'm not an Eclipse veteran and I don't know how hard it would be to program these changes but I do know what's rude and what's not.

@cpunerd96:

> Guys, you don't have to be so mean.  First of all, it's not your place to say no to him, it's Robin's.  Second of all, what's wrong with having a bow and arrow system implemented?  Sure, Robin may not want to do a quest system yet but wasn't there a bow and arrow system in past versions of Eclipse?  I don't know.  I'm not an Eclipse veteran and I don't know how hard it would be to program these changes but I do know what's rude and what's not.

^ Next an Hero

@cpunerd96:

> Guys, you don't have to be so mean.  First of all, it's not your place to say no to him, it's Robin's.  Second of all, what's wrong with having a bow and arrow system implemented?  Sure, Robin may not want to do a quest system yet but wasn't there a bow and arrow system in past versions of Eclipse?  I don't know.  I'm not an Eclipse veteran and I don't know how hard it would be to program these changes but I do know what's rude and what's not.

You are completely right, but unfortunately, it's just the nature of this forum. It's usually what happens when overly smart/skilled people collide. They tend to become cocky.

I don't think Robin's  going to put in a quest system, considering he was (is?) selling the thing. I don't see what's wrong with a Bow and Arrow system either, but it is Robin's choice.

It's mostly because Origins is an engine, it shouldn't necessarily have all the features you want. Thats just being lazy and I think Robin is trying to get this forum out of that habit, because Stable and Evolution were packed with loads of features that were kind of sloppily made and the scripting boards were just a load of features people put out and almost everyone just copied and pasted them, not many people actually worked on their own scripts a lot of the time. Thats also probably why theres no Source Request board either, to avoid games being copy+paste games.

@cpunerd96:

It wasnt meant as mean it was meant as humor. Maybe your second post can be a "lol"

its has nothing to do with lazy I just think robin can code the bow an arrow system better than anyone because it is his engine everyone can try but no one can make it as smooth as him he knows the engine  inside and out  we just try to make it what we want he has already made it what he wants and them some **I just ask he** doesnt have to do it it would just be a nice add to have

The original comment wasn't aimed at you. I thought you were talking metaphorically like I was. About the people who say 'program it yourself' or talk for me.

I said quite clearly that I was talking about people who say 'program it yourself'. If you don't say that then why would you assume it meant you? xD