Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Robin:

> I'm busy working on it. I'll release it when it's done.
>
> I've said it before, but I'm concentrating on making it the most stable version around at the moment.
>
> * Adding conditional error handlers to every single procedure in the sources.* Going through every single procedure which passes data through and doing all sorts of checks on those to avoid them trying to process garbage data.* Going through every single packet and adding array size checks to avoid malicious or accidental errors occurring from empty packets.* Adding proper checks to all editor controls to avoid errors occurring from accidentally or ignorant data input.
>
> answome :renzo:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change log so far.

> ================================
> Eclipse Origins v1.1.0 -> v1.2.0
> ================================
>
> DONE:
> - Fixed casting bar problems.
> - Fixed problem with shop slots not being recognised.
> - News now loads from .txt file.
> - Removed credits system - replaced with same system as news.
> - Added line breaks through /> in news & credits.
> - Condensed directory checks.
> - Added conditional error handling. Enable by switching 'Debug = 0' to 'Debug = 1' in config.
> - Blood cache cleared on map change.
> - Paperdoll update sent on map change.
> - New character class combo click event fixed.
> - Currency is now tradable.
> - Item sprites now render correctly in item editor.
> - GDI text rendering fixed.
> - Changed character sprite layout to RMXP standard.
> - Fixed paperdoll issues and switched format to match character sprites.
>
> TODO:
> - Random tile placement.
> - Dynamic bar width depending on source image.
> - Add health bars to npcs and players. Source image.
> - Make spells drag & drop.
> - Add custom GUI yes/no and okay popup boxes.
> - Finish the chat channel system.
> - Re-design the map editor to be more stream lined.
> - Replace the music selection system for the map editor.
> - Projectiles.
> - Fix item & class req. on items.
> - Trade timers need clearing on logout.

@Jeff:

> Sweet robin, seems like your programming origins is picking up speed.

Actually I've done all these changes in the last few days. What I had originally planned for the next release turned into WN. From now on I'm concentrating on making a solid base, rather than letting myself go wild with new features, which is what happened with the other version.

@Jeff:

> 1.2.0 is the final version, right?

No. It is most probably going to be the final alpha release, however. I'll be releasing it in the hope that all remaining bugs will be reported, then I can safely release the beta version (Milestone) and honestly claim that it's the most stable version of Eclipse. I am going to keep adding features which I believe are absolutely needed for the creation of a balanced RPG.

I am still giving in to popular demand, as well. Projectiles has been requested so many times I can't not add it in. Of course, it's going to be programmed in from scratch rather than following the current trend of ripping out shitty features from Stable and re-branding them. I can't promise it'll be in the next release, but it'll come out eventually, as well as a pet system.

I still don't know of a way of doing quests in the dynamic way I want to. The only reason I'm selling it in the shop is because I personally dislike such a limiting system.

Personally I'd just use a centralised quest flag system which can be used for conditional checks in the conversation system, then have all quests done through that. This requires constant source editing, however, and isn't suitable for public consumption.

The one I'm selling is a generic multi-object, multi-reward system with map exploration, item gathering and "kill x npcs". Perfectly fine, but something which I find too limiting for my own game.

@Robin:

> I'm busy working on it. I'll release it when it's done.
>
> I've said it before, but I'm concentrating on making it the most stable version around at the moment.
>
> * Adding conditional error handlers to every single procedure in the sources.* Going through every single procedure which passes data through and doing all sorts of checks on those to avoid them trying to process garbage data.* Going through every single packet and adding array size checks to avoid malicious or accidental errors occurring from empty packets.* Adding proper checks to all editor controls to avoid errors occurring from accidentally or ignorant data input.
>
>
> How hard would it be to add this to WN?

@Jeff:

> Hmmm… you could release all your sold stuff steadily over the next year or two.  That way, people would still buy your stuff, but also you'd allow anyone to get it and potentially add to it.  Just a though.

Sales petered out a long time ago. I still get the occasional order for a copy of WN, but I shut down the custom work and individual system sections a while back. Chances are I'm going to remove most of those systems from the shop and add in a whole new set of stuff to sell before Christmas.

@Helladen:

> How hard would it be to add this to WN?

How hard is it for me? Very easy. Simply time consuming. How hard it is for you? No idea. You know your own skills, I don't.

If I remove something from the shop, it's because I'll be releasing something else which is better. The guild system and party system, for example, can be improved a lot. Chances are they'll become a part of Origins at one point or another.

When I do remove something from the shop, I'll replace it with something which will probably never be released to the general public so as to minimise the amount of people who think they've wasted their cash.

@Helladen:

> Technically if you remove those things from the shop and make them free you are wasting money. Regardless if you add better things or not. -,-

I never said otherwise. Read my posts rather than just going half-way through and making the rest up yourself.

Robin, I hate to come off as a newb… but you have thoroughly confused me.
What can we actually expect with the next release other than bug fixes.
Do you plan on adding quest/autotiles/[insert random feature] or is it simply bug fixes?

I can work on many other systems for now and halt mapping but my big concern is auto-tiles.
Kingdom CTF is gonna kick ass.

@Rithy58:

> Robin, should I start using EO 1.1.0 or should I wait for the next one?
> If it's coming out soon, I'll wait.
> If you need a lot more time, I'll use EO 1.1.0.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

I would actually like to know that too, I´m starting a new Project on EO, and I would like to directly start with 1.1.1 if it´s nearby, else I probably have to transfer stuff or start over all again.

With all respects though, hehe. I really like EO.

@adr990:

> @Rithy58:
>
> > Robin, should I start using EO 1.1.0 or should I wait for the next one?
> > If it's coming out soon, I'll wait.
> > If you need a lot more time, I'll use EO 1.1.0.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Rithy
>
> I would actually like to know that too, I´m starting a new Project on EO, and I would like to directly start with 1.1.1 if it´s nearby, else I probably have to transfer stuff or start over all again.
>
> With all respects though, hehe. I really like EO.

Same here.I was waiting before and making the sprites,animations etc..

now the layout will change and we will need redo everything
rpgm suk  :huh: