Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> We tried making a new video, but the streaming was dying every 5 minutes or so. We tried many different alternatives and even started writing out own software to stream the desktop. It got to about 7:30am and I got tired and went to bed.

Wow… that's bad! o.o Hope you'll make it any time soon.. good luck :(

-seal

Some peoples hate origins becose they want all features to be done and redy to use.But origins is not like that,you have to program evrything yourself.True is hard and some peoples cant.But that means to be working on a real project.

I think what people are getting at, is that Robin says he's going to code all these wonderful features and doesn't release a working copy for months and months.

And I think what the experienced users have to think about, is that Robin has offered to release an engine with a shit load of features. If his intentions were to provide an engine, and have people program everything themselves, surely he would just release something as basic as Mirage Source 3.0.3.

If you say you're going to release an awesome engine with all these features, it's only natural that people who don't have the ability to program are going to want it.

What features did he say he would release? I am perfectly happy with the way [EO] turned out. The bare necessities are there, so don't complain about it. You guys are lucky to have an engine this refined to work with. Other communities have to work with cluttered crap (e.g. Genesis2d [tried it out and it wasn't great. overloaded with features] or XtremeWorlds).

@varinyc:

> @Shadowwulfâ„¢:
>
> > did the sound even get put in?
> > Last time I checked there wasnt any sound in the engine.
>
> Purchase WN, I'd assume it's in that one since it's what robin uses for his game.

Bad advice is **bad**.
Just because you're not aware of what [EO] has and doesn't have isn't a good reason to buy a cookie cutter engine. I'm not speaking against Robin's programming shop, but get a little more informed before you make your purchases. That's a very general opinion, too.

@MrMiguu:

> @varinyc:
>
> > @Shadowwulfâ„¢:
> >
> > > did the sound even get put in?
> > > Last time I checked there wasnt any sound in the engine.
> >
> > Purchase WN, I'd assume it's in that one since it's what robin uses for his game.
>
> Bad advice is **bad**.
> Just because you're not aware of what [EO] has and doesn't have isn't a good reason to buy a cookie cutter engine. I'm not speaking against Robin's programming shop, but get a little more informed before you make your purchases. That's a very general opinion, too.

I was under the assumption that WN was made FROM EO. So I was only pointing out that It was in WN. I haven't touched this EO in a while because I thought that the combat system was going to change. And now I thought I read that this Origins won't be updated in a while (if ever) because WN was what EO was Supposed to be. If i remember things correct x_x

Besides, I wouldn't really call WN or EO a cookie cutter engine, I simply see it as a good base, it's not something to be taken as complete out-of-the-box.

@MrMiguu:

> What features did he say he would release? I am perfectly happy with the way [EO] turned out. The bare necessities are there, so don't complain about it. You guys are lucky to have an engine this refined to work with. Other communities have to work with cluttered crap (e.g. **Genesis2d** [tried it out and it wasn't great. overloaded with features] or XtremeWorlds).

I think people were expecting alot more out of EO then there ever was going to be and I don't think people were expecting to have to pay for their features either. I'm not against Robin's shop or anything I'm just saying. Their are tons of people on Eclipse that expect everything to done for them.

Off Topic: G2D is not a bad engine. Especially for those who cannot program in their own features. It's so much better then Xtremeworlds in so many ways.

@varinyc:

> @MrMiguu:
>
> > @varinyc:
> >
> > > @Shadowwulfâ„¢:
> > >
> > > > did the sound even get put in?
> > > > Last time I checked there wasnt any sound in the engine.
> > >
> > > Purchase WN, I'd assume it's in that one since it's what robin uses for his game.
> >
> > Bad advice is **bad**.
> > Just because you're not aware of what [EO] has and doesn't have isn't a good reason to buy a cookie cutter engine. I'm not speaking against Robin's programming shop, but get a little more informed before you make your purchases. That's a very general opinion, too.
>
> I was under the assumption that WN was made FROM EO. So I was only pointing out that It was in WN. I haven't touched this EO in a while because I thought that the combat system was going to change. And now I thought I read that this Origins won't be updated in a while (if ever) because WN was what EO was Supposed to be. If I remember things correct x_x
>
> Besides, I wouldn't really call WN or EO a cookie cutter engine, I simply see it as a good base, it's not something to be taken as complete out-of-the-box.

I called WN cookie-cutter. [EO] has **less** features than WN.

@Zetasis:

> @MrMiguu:
>
> > What features did he say he would release? I am perfectly happy with the way [EO] turned out. The bare necessities are there, so don't complain about it. You guys are lucky to have an engine this refined to work with. Other communities have to work with cluttered crap (e.g. **Genesis2d** [tried it out and it wasn't great. overloaded with features] or XtremeWorlds).
>
> I think people were expecting alot more out of EO then there ever was going to be and I don't think people were expecting to have to pay for their features either. I'm not against Robin's shop or anything I'm just saying. Their are tons of people on Eclipse that expect everything to done for them.
>
> Off Topic: G2D is not a bad engine. Especially for those who cannot program in their own features. It's so much better then Xtremeworlds in so many ways.

I tried G2D. Terrible lag when walking. Statist control over the engine. The click-move algorithm is terribly synched when distributing packets over to the server, causing **desynch**. I'd rather ise Xtreme worlds since it gets better FPS (if I remember correctly).