Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robin:

> If you don't know the basics of VB6, you can't use Origins.

But it was so simple to change on Eclipse 2.8, I like Origins A LOT better than 2.8 but 2.8 is simpler to change some common things so I don't know what to do..thanks again.

@Ertzel:

> if you are going to be using EO, you NEED VB6 to edit anything.
>
> Really, to make a game even with EE2.7 u should have vb6 anyways, but you need it for EO.

Where do I get it? (Don't be mad for I am a super noob :l)

Eclipse Origins is not for super newbs really, for one its still in development so you kindda need to know how to add alot of your own stuff to make a game with it, and it kindda requires you to have vb6 understanding to make a good game with.

Also, the only way to get vb6 is by buying it, or using "other" ways (aka illegal downloads) that we can't direct you to over the forums since it is against the rules.

@Ertzel:

> Also, the only way to get vb6 is by buying it, or using "other" ways (aka illegal downloads) **that we can't direct you to over the forums since it is against the rules.
> Suure we can..
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vb6+download**

@Ertzel:

> Eclipse Origins is not for super newbs really, for one its still in development so you kindda need to know how to add alot of your own stuff to make a game with it, and it kindda requires you to have vb6 understanding to make a good game with.
>
> Also, the only way to get vb6 is by buying it, or using "other" ways (aka illegal downloads) that we can't direct you to over the forums since it is against the rules.

Well 2.7/2.8 are so clunky and EO was pulled together so nicely that I don't see myself ever going back to them, so even if I have to start from the beginning I'll do what I can..so If you have an MSN or something or know a place I can get vb6 for free that'd be appreciated…as long as we aren't breaking any forum rules, of course.

@Nick:

> @Ertzel:
>
> > Eclipse Origins is not for super newbs really, for one its still in development so you kindda need to know how to add alot of your own stuff to make a game with it, and it kindda requires you to have vb6 understanding to make a good game with.
> >
> > Also, the only way to get vb6 is by buying it, or using "other" ways (aka illegal downloads) that we can't direct you to over the forums since it is against the rules.
>
> Well 2.7/2.8 are so clunky and EO was pulled together so nicely that I don't see myself ever going back to them, so even if I have to start from the beginning I'll do what I can..so If you have an MSN or something or know a place I can get vb6 for free that'd be appreciated…as long as we aren't breaking any forum rules, of course.

Technically if we give you the link to it we are breaking the rules.  :P

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> Nick, I sent you a PM to help you out.
> But I must insist that you read the source completly and follow each process to understand how the code works. Otherwise sit down with a vb6 for dummies book and get your learn on!

Rose is going to help me with some of the problems. Thank you  :cheesy:

EO is for those that know what they are doing and it is still in development.
1:You will have to source everything and know how to do it.
2:If you start now, you must be willing to either:
    a)Source in his updates when they are released
    -or-
    b)Redo your own source edits when releases come
3:Anyone that is working in EO, is most likely willing to help, but will not do your work for you.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> If you start now, you must be willing to either:
>     a)Source in his updates when they are released
>     -or-
>     b)Redo your own source edits when releases come

If you want to go Option A, I'd get the program WinDiff. It's pretty epic.

I give you big props Robin, this is the first time i have taken a look at it in like forever. You have done a very great job. A few errors i see here and there, but by the look of the bug reports, it looks like you have already taken care of them in the unreleased version.

You get +5 Internet points
and +5 Doomteam points

Redeemable at any Doomteam store lol

Sorry about the lack of updates recently. H&H has taken up most of my free time. xD

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/anim.png)

Added a new tile layer called 'Animation'. You can select an animation from the list and place it on the map. These are the animations you create with the animation editor, so they're dynamically sized and can have as many frames as you want.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/mapeditor-2.png)

Enjoy~

@Xlithan:

> I don't Robin, but I'm sure you can change my mind.  We can exchange bum sex for code?

Lol this going in my sig LMAO.People are used to editing stats on a INI file which is why there are a lot of questions on where stuff is and how to edit them. The way I see of doing it is, looking through the models.

@Iroha:

> Will you be adding restrictions on items for sex? (male and female), since my items aren't unisex, males can wear dresses.  ;D

If you would consider this Robin it would be nice. :)

Let me give an example:
You are a Swordsman - Female.
You equipt armor, but females have long back hair, so you have a cape for the back in the paperdoll, and on the screen you have a cape over the females hair.  :huh: