Find results in...

Auto Port Forward (Need Testers)

Marsh

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Death:

> I changed my EO server port to 4000 and did all the steps you said but when I run it I get an error saying…
>
> UPnP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Dos anyone know how I can fix this?

lol… it works for soem and it doesnt for others, I lol at how much it fails for me "You are portwforwarded", test my game for double checking "server is down"

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Yea its norton that shit has false positives like crazy. Trust me this is virus free its a simple dark net dll and like a 40 line program. Not sure why that is popping up. Maybe because it changes router settings as a virus may do.

I had this girl once complaining about Firefox not working or whatever, and the solution was to remove Norton, which she was advised to install by some local computer store.

As for people who cannot get this to work: UPnP has to be enabled within your router, or may be non-existent (Apple routers deploy another service instead called NAT-PMP, which is totally different).

Regards,
  Stephan.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
WoooW
didnt fork for me either!
maybe problem lies in your ip.bat
netsh interface ip show addresses | find "IP Address" | find /v "127.0.0.1" | find /v "0.0.0.0" >> ip.txt

im worried about that I after each text… and is this for 32bit?

@Marsh:

> This was a experimental program that does not work for everyone. It has also not been updated since and is outdated. If it doesnt work try other methods, its not something your doing wrong just a finicky program.

UPnP is obviously disabled on most routers, and the implementations are broken by design, since there is no form of mutual exclusion. An alternative is NAT-PMP, but it has the same issues as UPnP, albeit being simpler (it doesn't use SOAP-requests).

Really, the best method is to port forward the router.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.