• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Retro' Grassland Tiles

gaming ace

Haha thanks engimax

@ᴆᴎᴧ:

> Would you ever consider releasing a retro tileset? :3

Not this particular tileset, since I'm probably going to me using it for a project of mine, but in the future, there is a chance  :cheesy:

Woot, another 16 bit inspired project! I like the grass and trees, but the cliff (which I thought was a path), definately needs some depth, definition, and a palette change. Also, the character's dark armor really conflicts with the feel and palette. Definitely would suggest reworking it.

Haha, yep. Here's a small update, im currently reworking the cliff. I feel like im on the right path, but im still not quite there yet. Thanks Kreator. Keep in mind, i didn't make these sprites, im using charas-gen, so i may need to tweak them some so that they suit the tiles better. Anyways, heres another mock up with the newest version of the cliff.

![](http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2223/conceptartgrasslandmock.png)

Ah I see a slight flaw in the sprite. The one piece of hair which sticks up is darkened on the top. Other than that, I like your sprite.

And your tileset is nearly flawless, although I wish youd redo the flower (unless thats how its suppost to look…)

@Jungletoe:

> Ah I see a slight flaw in the sprite. The one piece of hair which sticks up is darkened on the top. Other than that, I like your sprite.
>
> And your tileset is nearly flawless, although I wish youd redo the flower (unless thats how its suppost to look…)

That's how the style looks, on both comments.

@Niko:

> Id try to add a bit more contrast between the grass and trees as well. They blend together a bit to much as well. Are you using the same pallet for both?

Yes, I am. I'll play around with it and see how it looks.

@Ddunit:

> Sprite reminds me of FSO, very nice.

Haha I love the sprite too, but I didn't make it clear that I didn't make it. I'm using charas-gen as well as some self-done pixel work for the sprites.