Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse origins

Radekil9

@Mcfaggot

You must have had high priority software running at 99% or something. There's no way you could have a 3minute loading time otherwise.

@vithin

If you're too stupid to realise the benefits of using Origins then I just don't want you using it. Remember, I'm releasing this for the people who're serious about making a game and want the best possible base they can.

@мсичġġєт:

> @NinjaCat:
>
> > Dumb ducks.
> > Orgins is awesome, so fast and dosn't take so much CPU. ;D
> > It's indeed for more advanced users, but I say; Learn to do it bloody box!
>
> It's slow on mine. So far I have the record for server loading. Ha!

What are you trying to run it on, an 80286?

Regards,
  Godlord.

As I see it no one was good with EE straight away. They spent time learning how to use it.

The same can be said about Origins. Most people are scared of using it because it's different. If you took the time to use it and get used to it then you'd be able to make a much, much better game with it.

EE = M1 Garand (Old and prone to failure)
ES = M16 (Stable and hard to duck up)
E€ = M16 with Scope (my build so far)
EO = M2 .50 Cal Machine Gun (A bit complicated, based on an old design, but ultimately the very best you can get)

I would feel confident saying EO is the best build in a WHILE.

ES is stable the way a…helicopter is stable.  You can still fuck it up by throwing rocks at it.

EO is stable the way a Zeppelin is stable...throw at it what you will, it will do mostly nothing.  Stay away from incendiaries though.

Alternately, EO is stable like a turtle.  And everyone likes turtles.  EVERYONE.

Nope. Stable actually has a number of very dangerous memory leaks which will cause huge amounts of problems. The socket system will blow up after enough people have connected and disconnected from a Stable game, even if you haven't touched the thing.

So yeah. Stable is like a Helicopter with a broken fuel line. Eventually someone is going to die.

Origins is stable in a conventional sense. If an idiot decides to start doing idiotic things to it, however, then it'll fuck up.

@Robin:

> Nope. Stable actually has a number of very dangerous memory leaks which will cause huge amounts of problems. The socket system will blow up after enough people have connected and disconnected from a Stable game, even if you haven't touched the thing.
>
> So yeah. Stable is like a Helicopter with a broken fuel line. Eventually someone is going to die.
>
> Origins is stable in a conventional sense. If an idiot decides to start doing idiotic things to it, however, then it'll duck up.

Precise idiotic.

> EO is stable the way a Zeppelin is stable…throw at it what you will, it will do mostly nothing.  Stay away from incendiaries though.

Hindenburg, anyone?

@€rypŧø:

> Alternately, EO is stable like a turtle.  And everyone likes turtles.  EVERYONE.

Especially some predators.

Regards,
  Godlord.

**P.S.** stop using examples that have pitfalls with them.

@Sir:

> > EO is stable the way a Zeppelin is stable…throw at it what you will, it will do mostly nothing.  Stay away from incendiaries though.
>
> Hindenburg, anyone?
>
> @€rypŧø:
>
> > Alternately, EO is stable like a turtle.  And everyone likes turtles.  EVERYONE.
>
> Especially some predators.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.
>
> **P.S.** stop using examples that have pitfalls with them.

Pitfalls may be filled with hot women and soft pillows.