Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Waterfall W.I.P.

zade_o

Don't make it transparent, it only increases the feeling that it's a leaking well - what kind of waterfall it is if I can see what's behind it?. The second one is defenetly better as a waterfall, you know - the impression of the watter mass is somehow still missing. The feeling that it would fucking break all your god damn bones. I say waterfall - I think RAGE!

Half joking actualy. But yeah - the second one looks defenetly better. But still it has that "pleasant" feeling to it. Like you know. It's a waterfall but a slow one. Another thing that adds to that slow impression is the water iself… I mean you know. If the waterfall would actualy be hardcore motherlover there would be no chances that the river would be that shallow there - again, if that's what you were going for, it's a masterpice. But it's not this
![](http://www.zamiasto.com.pl/zdjecia/dodane/201-Wodospad-Kamienczyka.jpg)

yeah I get what you mean kusy.
![](http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7528/waterfallexample.png)

Hopefully one of the last updates to this crap that I do lol. getting fed up of waterfalls now.
tweaks I made:
- made the base of the cliff transition into the deep water tile instead of the shallow water tile.
- made the waterfall lighter to look more like rushing water
- added the splashes on the rocks in the wall
- even though it's just a map edit, made the actual body of water deeper.

Same here Tyr, worked on this game and had the idea for so long I just can't let it die lol.

And thanks for all the criticism kusy!

I am satisfied sir.

But don't get the idea that I didn't liked the previous ones. They should stay in the game somewhere, for smaller mountain streams or stuff like that. But this what you show me now… that's a waterfall!

Haha, I didn't get that idea, I knew what you meant. The splitting streams is actually divide-able into two halves so i'll make a translucent version of them for use with small streams and whatnot.

The splashes on the rocks were part of my original plan, didn't realize that had such an impact though, they really complete the rushing effect.

Ghost, 1 last detail, a part of the water would go over the jutting rocks, unless it's just streaming down the wall or ridiculously large rocks, and that doesn't look like it compared to the small house next to the waterfall.