Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anti twilight movie

Kinjiru

@Thorn:

> It's a pity, since good satire can be side-splittingly hilarious.
> Frankly though, none of this modern comedy can match up to the Late Great Charlie Chaplin :D

I've yet to see a good satirical movie. It's a real shame, because the early standup was absolutely amazing.

As far as I can tell, all these 'satirical' movies that've been coming out (Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans etc.) are all from the same group. **Why are they still able to make these films!?** I know America has a different style of comedy, but do people actually find these things funny? :\

@Robin:

> I know America has a different style of comedy, but do people actually find these things funny? :\

No, not really. This generation hasn't really been keen on Satire; the few shows that were good at it were cancelled or changed into shells of what they were, and to find a halfway decent satirical film is quite the difficult task.

I think in general, is this era lacks subtlety. Subtlety seems to be a forgotten art, and satire needs a healthy dosage of subtlety to really hit the mark; all of these "satire" films in recent years lack the subtlety to pull off what they are trying to do. Any joke gets literally beaten to death then beaten some more.
:icon_nif:

@Anna:

> @Robin:
>
> > I know America has a different style of comedy, but do people actually find these things funny? :\
>
> No, not really. This generation hasn't really been keen on Satire; the few shows that were good at it were cancelled or changed into shells of what they were, and to find a halfway decent satirical film is quite the difficult task.
>
> I think in general, is this era lacks subtlety. Subtlety seems to be a forgotten art, and satire needs a healthy dosage of subtlety to really hit the mark; all of these "satire" films in recent years lack the subtlety to pull off what they are trying to do. Any joke gets literally beaten to death then beaten some more.
> :icon_nif:

I dont know… I havent seen any good satirical movies, but our TV shows are pretty funny in my opinion. South Park satires America's reaction to current events, The Simpson satire American family life, and Family Guy satires everything American (they have some stupid parts though). The past 3 years though, I have seen a small decrease in how funny it is, but satire still lives.

Can we name other satire movies, just to get me thinking?

@Robin:

> **Why are they still able to make these films!?** I know America has a different style of comedy, but do people actually find these things funny? :\

We all wonder the same thing. We all know they are freaken terrible. But for some reason people still buy them and they still make money. Thus they continue.

@Marsh:

> @Robin:
>
> > **Why are they still able to make these films!?** I know America has a different style of comedy, but do people actually find these things funny? :\
>
> We all wonder the same thing. We all know they are freaken terrible. But for some reason people still buy them and they still make money. Thus they continue.

Yall do realize they these type of movies are normally for someone around 10-14 of age. When I was that young I found stuff like this funny just when you get older and start to mature, you realize this stuff is fucking retarded. Don't you with you could go back in time and stop yourself from ever watching one of these films. Think thats around 10 hours of free time