Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car

saadhamza

Im planning on getting a car for my self on my birthday. i want it to be manual geared car, with non-power steering. i want to get an old car. not something brand new, something used. but i want it so that when i fix it up myself, it can look kick ass. something that would look amazing in a fixed condition. iw ant to be able to buy it around 1000 dollars. would you guys know of any old model car that i could buy and fix up custom?

Yeah, screwed up my quote there.

The only time I've ever actually liked a lack of power steering it's when I'm driving my sister's car and the power steering cuts out. It's even harder to steer than if you didn't have power steering in the first place when that happens. xD

@ĘĽęć‡ŖØИ¡ҜŃїĝĦŤ:

> @Zonova:
>
> > but I want it so that when I fix it up myself, it can look kick ass. something that would look amazing in a fixed condition.
>
> There is no such thing.

You obviously never seen a Ford Mustang.

I had to help my room mate find a car. He got an older honda for about what you're looking to spend. Check used car lots, or the classifieds. Be careful though it's easy to get junkers that have been screwed with by lazy ass cheap skates trying to fix shit quick. If you are willing to put the effort into fixing it up and getting it a paint job you'll be proud of it no matter what it is.

@So:

> Manual I understand… but wrestling with the driving wheel is not such a good idea.

Yea, i changed my mind. I just realized that non-power steering would suck in the long run.

@Kreator:

> 1\. Get car with 3 fan belts
> 2\. Cut the belt that is needed for power steering
> 3\. ???
> 4\. PROFIT!!!

Why didnt I think of that ;D.

@Azure:

> I had to help my room mate find a car. He got an older honda for about what you're looking to spend. Check used car lots, or the classifieds. Be careful though it's easy to get junkers that have been screwed with by lazy ass cheap skates trying to fix shit quick. If you are willing to put the effort into fixing it up and getting it a paint job you'll be proud of it no matter what it is.

Ok. i think i could go to the 2000's, but not sure if that makes that much of a difference. Would you guys know what years i should be googling for? im trying to find an old sports car. i dont know what you call those nowadays, though. I dont think they call them sports cars anymore. what would you guys recommend looking up?

If you get a car, I strongly suggest getting a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, or Acura. Mostly any model is good, and they tend to last a lot longer than any car. They also have pretty classy and stylish models. My favorite, Honda Prelude 96-2001\. I'm actually saving up for one now, they range from $2,000 to $5,000\. I'm trying to find one for about $3,000 under 150k miles. These cars will usually last 300K+ miles, I had a Honda Civic for 4 years, and it had 312K miles before I sold it for 1.5K$.

@Scribbyz:

> If you get a car, I strongly suggest getting a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, or Acura. Mostly any model is good, and they tend to last a lot longer than any car. They also have pretty classy and stylish models. My favorite, Honda Prelude 96-2001\. I'm actually saving up for one now, they range from $2,000 to $5,000\. I'm trying to find one for about $3,000 under 150k miles. These cars will usually last 300K+ miles, I had a Honda Civic for 4 years, and it had 312K miles before I sold it for 1.5K$.

Or don't be a fagg and get a muscle car.

@So:

> @Scribbyz:
>
> > If you get a car, I strongly suggest getting a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, or Acura. Mostly any model is good, and they tend to last a lot longer than any car. They also have pretty classy and stylish models. My favorite, Honda Prelude 96-2001\. I'm actually saving up for one now, they range from $2,000 to $5,000\. I'm trying to find one for about $3,000 under 150k miles. These cars will usually last 300K+ miles, I had a Honda Civic for 4 years, and it had 312K miles before I sold it for 1.5K$.
>
> Or don't be a fagg and get a muscle car.

for 1,000… Yeah no that will never happen. Not to mention I doubt he has the proper know how to fabricate his own parts since ones for older cars can be non existent most of the time.

My friend said that i could probably get an old Pontiac firebird for around 1500-2000 dollars. It's a really nice looking car. Do any of you know any cars like that? I didnt really mean sports car. Like, i didnt mean something like a ferrari or something. But i dont know what those types of cars are called that arent like racing cars, but still look really cool. Low riders" Muscle cars? Classics? I dunno, but anything that looks as cool as possible would be great. the parts i can handle.

@So:

> @Scribbyz:
>
> > If you get a car, I strongly suggest getting a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, or Acura. Mostly any model is good, and they tend to last a lot longer than any car. They also have pretty classy and stylish models. My favorite, Honda Prelude 96-2001\. I'm actually saving up for one now, they range from $2,000 to $5,000\. I'm trying to find one for about $3,000 under 150k miles. These cars will usually last 300K+ miles, I had a Honda Civic for 4 years, and it had 312K miles before I sold it for 1.5K$.
>
> Or don't be a fagg and get a muscle car.

Or be a dumbass and get a car that only gets 15 to 20 mpg. Shit I put $20 in my Honda Civic and it lasted me almost over 2 weeks. Muscle Cars are a waste, you'll spend more money on putting gas in the damn thing then actually fixing it up. Ask my friend, He had a 69 Chevy Camero, and now he drives a 2006 Honda Accord and loves it.

Get an 87-88 chrysler labaron. Got mine for 1.5k, and the thing is absolutely amazing. Hardly uses gas, and I've seen mine do 180 km/h before I chickened out and slowed down. Plus, convertibles are just sexy as hell.

>! ![](http://chrysler-parts.uneedapart.com/images/chrysler-lebaron-parts.jpg)
Also, the seats are really comfy.

@Robin:

> Yeah, screwed up my quote there.
>
> The only time I've ever actually liked a lack of power steering it's when I'm driving my sister's car and the power steering cuts out. It's even harder to steer than if you didn't have power steering in the first place when that happens. xD

yea that's a pain Ive lost power steering and brakes before.